Zodiac Inflight Innovations Reviews | Glassdoor

Zodiac Inflight Innovations Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2019

Found 49 reviews

Matt Smith
Pros
  • "free snacks and drinks in the cafe (until they run out)(in 6 reviews)

• "Good work environment, more relaxed than others, had my own cubicle and well-defined work-space(in 5 reviews)

Cons

"Lots of work to keep you busy. I greatly enjoy my position."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Brea, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is very laid back. You dress business casual Monday thru Thursday and then Friday is a relaxation clothing day. You can wear shorts and flip flops if you like. The provide snacks and drinks throughout the different breaks rooms at no cost to the employees. Most of the employees are willing to help everyone else with whatever they need. The company is growing very quickly, which means opportunities...

Cons

With the company growing so fast there are some growing pains. You may have to work a few different thing outside of your job in order to complete your task. The bonuses aren't great compared to other in the industry. This is on the table to be corrected though.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2016-12-15
  2. "So far so Good!"

Current Employee - New Employee

I have been working at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started with the company a few months ago and I have to say it is the best experience I have had in 20 years. The HR Team is fantastic, I have never had such a great orientation especially when it comes to details and understanding my benefits package. Management has been very welcoming as well. Lots of catered lunches and plenty of FREE snacks and drinks. The product is awesome. Very cool innovative stuff happening...

Cons

Be ready to work hard, lots of work to do

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2019-02-09
  3. "Culture of Failure"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Brea, CA

I worked at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good benefits for full-times.

Cons

Every project is set up to fail. Contractors are treated like animals.

Advice to Management

Adopt industry standard project management. Hold decision makers accountable.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2019-01-31
  4. "If You Like to Accomplish Things - This is Not The Place For You (Slackers Welcome)"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Brea, CA

I worked at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time

Pros

Snacks, games, free lunches. Not very well organized which slackers can really take advantage of. Some opportunities to learn new things.

Cons

If you are smart and like to accomplish things this is not the place for you. Lots of mean, back-stabbers work here. Some managers do not know what they are doing. There is a complete lack of communication. There are a few people who have been working here for many years who think it is their job to boss everyone else around (despite the "work with your team" structure).

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2019-01-13
  5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Brea, CA

Pros

upper management is very nice and cares about their team and employees. Great benefits. Open hours working.

Cons

Doesn't have enough system and organize.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2018-10-18
  6. "Engineer"

I worked at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time

Pros

Snacks (when available); flexible (you have to be there between ~9:30AM to about 3PM, come early or stay late).

Cons

Some great engineers, a lot of young and not so young engineers who will simply blow smoke up ...... The product is not really all that complex, but even simple issues do not get resolved for months.

Advice to Management

Begin to MANAGE your people and stop hiring cheap. Do not overload your best people and get rid of ballast. It's OK to hire kids from CalTech and CalPoly, as long as you have senior specialists who can help them to grow.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2018-09-13

"Company is Definitely Better Than It Was Before, But Growing Pains Persist"

I have been working at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time

Pros

-Company has much better perks now, some of the older reviews may not reflect this. -Pay is comparable to the rest of the industry. -Lots of free food events and unlimited snacks/drinks. -Company is generally pretty transparent with their employees.

Cons

-Agile methodology causing growing pains for the company. There is no clear direction or plan of implementation. -Structure and processes are convoluted. -# of vacation days are not the best. -Some deadlines are unrealistic. Teams are disconnected.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2018-06-12

"Work here at your own risk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are free snacks and drinks, always stocked.

Cons

Everything else. There are no checks and balances for managers. The HR department is highly unapproachable due to their communication skills and relationships to the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2018-04-20
  9. "Excellent People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Pros

Quality, smart people work here.

Cons

Some bad management staff that cause harm.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2018-03-13
  10. "It’s an okay company."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Brea, CA

I worked at Zodiac Inflight Innovations full-time for more than a year

Pros

- free food on Wednesday (software) - free snacks and drinks in the cafe (until they run out) - random free food (food trucks, company bbq, etc) - clean work space (until they expanded to an open office space) - cubical space (unless you’re product development) - flexible hours (mandatory times 10AM - 2PM)

Cons

- medium sized company (growing pains) - lots of work but limited bonuses or congratulations - lots of contractors (they treat full times and contractors the same) - tech is eh. Product keeps breaking and progress is slow.

Advice to Management

Management is amazing! Truly love my manager! My advice is to provide more incentives for your engineers to go beyond their assigned tickets. Encourage them to learn new technologies.

Zodiac Inflight Innovations2018-03-11