Zygo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zygo Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zygo

Quality Department Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zygo.

Interview

Random people coming in and out, interviewed by several random people. Management was "bashing" department head seemed to be a very vendictive man with his own agenda. Very unprofessional and very awkward.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zygo (Richmond, CA).

Interview

Very long process. Multiple phone and on site interviews. Repeated interruptions during the interview onsite by coworkers. No coherent format. Individuals came and went seemingly at random.
    Some managers interviewing styles were very antagonistic.

Interview Questions

• Got asked if married or had children by two separate managers at different times. This is illegal!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long. Previous paycheck was asked for !!

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlefield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zygo (Middlefield, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was nice. He found some connection with me through one of the professors I worked with on my papers. He gave me an engineering measurement scenario and asked me any idea of solving the problem. He then gave some hint to kick out the discussion. During the process, he elaborated the work I was supposed to do during the intern and how my capability can be contributed there. However, I did not get the offer because they need to do one month background check on me.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure the relative shift between glass cube and metal plate glued together by epoxy during the curing process?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zygo (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The phone interview with the people in Middlefield over the phone was very awkward they were unprepared, uncertain of the requirements of the job posting.

They were very poor listeners, instead they would crow about their personal experiences and accomplishments at their former companies, thus I did not learn much about Zygo from them.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a technical disagreement with a team leader or manager?   1 Answer