Zymo Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zymo Research (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Basic Questions, apply online. Sit you in the room with operations manager and accounting head. After I had an interview with another accounting head and HR manager. very approachable people, very nice and easy to talk too.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zymo Research.

Interview

I met someone who works at Zymo at a conference, we spoke about their products and she mentioned they were hiring. I got a call from HR and we spoke for maybe 30 minutes. I then had a skype interview with some scientists. They were tough, and never told me what job I applied for until I was notified that I did not get the job. The scientists were also pretty casual and I did not walk away feeling like they cared about me.

Interview Questions

• What is a good manger? What are three characteristics that describe you? Why? How can you contribute to our company.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zymo Research (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The employees are very friendly. The interview process was smooth and well organized. I was taken out for a nice lunch with interviewers. They also gave me freedom to order hotel and flights. I like the flexibility.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge in the field?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zymo Research.

Interview

Interview with HR - she is nice. If you pass then you are invited to a meeting with team you will be working with and with top dogs (Directors ect..) and with the CEO. You will be asked to give a short talk. All around decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Problems you encountered while working on current project.   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zymo Research (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I arrived and met with the CEO. that was brief. He is great and explained to me the research being done. I then met up with 3 scientist after which I have a short presentation. I was then taken to lunch and had tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• why you are looking for industry job? what interests you to work here?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zymo Research (Irvine, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Normal Interview questions. Had a phone call interview followed up with an in person interview later in the week. Questions were not too difficult, general job interview questions and had scientists sit in to talk about their research.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zymo Research in June 2014.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews. Phone interview was brief and mostly about personality and some background on skill skillsets. Each on-site interview was about an hour long. Some questions were repeated between interviews but with different interviewers. Asked the interviewers to learn more about the culture and their own experiences within the company.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zymo Research (Irvine, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

phone interview in Nov 2013, then group interview with three groups manager in Dec 2013, finally a presentation is needed if you are a Master degree or higher (Dec 2013). Offer arrived in late Jan 2014 and work started in Feb 2014.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zymo Research (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I found Zymo Research through a career fair and really liked the person I talked to there. Once I was called back for an interview, I was asked to meet them at their facility. I interviewed with 3 new people in which they all asked about the research I was doing on campus. The seemed relatively interested and it was easy to talk about my research. They didn't ask any weird questions.

Unfortunately, the woman from the HR department didn't seem like she wanted to be there. She basically googled a list of questions to ask me and gave me zero eye contact as she read off the list of questions. One question for example was, "Where do I see myself in the next 20 years?". I'm a college student still trying to get my degree that has never worked in industry before. In my opinion, I do not see how that question was relevant to the job nor do I see anyone being able to answer that question with a concrete idea as a college student. Based off observation, she clearly was not prepared to interview anyone and did the minimum required to hold an interview.

Overall, the interview was ok and not very challenging. The most challenging part of the interview was answering questions that was not relevant for the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 20 years?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed by HR. Extremely unprofessional. We set up 4 interview times because the first 3 she failed to call. If she had changed her mind about interviewing me, she should have said so instead of coming up with excused (meeting conflicts - could have told me beforehand to reschedule, etc).

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal manager?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about working with urine?   1 Answer