betterworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Program Architect, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at betterworks (Redwood City, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The process involved a Recruiter phone screen 2 1/2 weeks after applying, followed by a Hiring Manager video screen the week after. Then video calls with three team members the following week, plus onsite interviews with 4 leaders. An offer was made about one week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe an implementation that was difficult to do, or where there was disagreement from a customer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at betterworks (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me with possibility of scheduling the interview. First round was with hiring manager who did some marketing of product and all. Second was telephonic interview. Engineer was pretty rude. He asked common ancestor question. I did coded it using hashmap and depth approach. Both the solutions was working and was giving correct output. LOL still he send me reject. Interviewer keep asked me about how could you code it correctly with out any hint or error. Poor fellow.

Interview Questions

• Find Least common ancestor for given tree. Each node has int value and link to parent.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at betterworks (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Consulting firm approached me regarding a position and told me they are interested in interviewing. Next step was a call with a Recruiter which went for 30 min and they scheduled a phone screen. Phone screen was last step. Rejected and not invited on-site.

There were at-least 2 people taking notes throughout.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure & Algorithm question based on Tree Traversal.   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at betterworks (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

A series of numerous phone and zoom interviews. All of which were very positive, and I was given the impression that I would be getting an offer after an in person visit. A day or two before I left for their Redwood City office I was sent a deck and told that I’d be pitching BetterWorks to an audience of 6-7 members of the sales/BizDev/CSM team. I was told that I’d be assessed on style and delivery, as well as how I asked questions. I have a background in cloud HCM application sales and was not really phased by this. I must say that its very difficult for a candidate’s delivery to be natural/confident with just a cursory knowledge of a product, company, and value proposition + a day to prep.

I presented a couple of times. I’ve had to do these before, and generally there’s a pretty thorough prep session with either a hiring mgr, a recruiter, or a current rep. There was no prep for this at all. When trying to prep, I was made to feel like a nuisance by the Hiring Authority... and I think ultimately the reason I didn’t get an offer was due to the fact that he and I just didn’t click, which is realty unfortunate, because I was a natural fit and I hit it off with everyone else I talked to from the CEO, to the VP of global sales (Hiring mgr’s direct report), to the various reps, sales engineers, and CSMs I had the chance to speak with.

I say it was due to my chemistry (or lack thereof) with the hiring manager, because I did a good job on my 2nd walkthrough of the pitch deck, (admittedly my first run could’ve been better), but on the 2nd Rep I demonstrated my knowledge of the HCM space, the challenges faced by those in Talent and CHRO roles, and connected it all together with the BW value prop and benefits of the BW solution. The whole process was kind of disjointed and progressed in a nonsensical fashion. I was told I’d get an offer by the CEO, only to be asked to jump on further phone interviews with current rep and SEs... and even if I’d gotten an offer, while I’d feel better about it, I wouldn’t be able to honestly call it a positive experience.

Also I have a few hundred dollars of travel expenses that have yet to be reimbursed nor has anyone given me instructions for how to file these expenses.

I wish these guys the best of luck, and genuinely like 9/10 people I was exposed to through the process, but the one guy who was aloof, smug, and off-putting happened to be the prospective manager for the role so it was doomed from the get go.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions to gauge your sales and industry knowledge. There were a few behavioral questions toward the end of the process   Answer Question

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at betterworks in May 2017.

Interview

Congenial and casual, telephone screening. Interviewer made me feel at ease and explained the position thoroughly, asking about my professional background and a few things about my personality. The call was about ten minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you've faced in your current role, and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at betterworks (Redwood City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was unorganized. Didnt know where to go and people interviewing didnt know when to see me. I couldn't remember where the front door was and the third person interviewing me wasn't that energetic and it was stale.

Interview Questions

• How would you build this .....   1 Answer