Biologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biologist Interview Questions

Biologist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Along the line of "have you repaired any instruments".

1 Answer

On 08/27/2013, I sent a thank you note to the faculty, with a request for on site interview. I was very interested in the job, particularly because I had total of 9 years experience in the field directly related to the research area of the interviewer, out of which 4 years were in stem cell biology (Adult stem cells, ES and iPS cells). Plus a PhD, although this was not a requirement. On 08/29/2013, I received an automated message from the email address of the interviewer stating that that he/she selected another candidate for the job. No response was received for the thank you note. Online application status as of 08/30/2013, 12.00 noon shows "interviewed, decision pending". Contacted application support to know the status and received a surprising response saying that my resume was screened and I was not qualified. When I wrote back saying that I was interviewed, I was asked to contact whoever interviewed me. 09/16/2013-Online status says "position filled". Again contacted application support. I received a response saying "I don't know who interviewed you", Call HR. I am left wondering if this was a fake interview. Something is certainly fishy indeed.

It was not really a question, but the interviewer spent a few minutes explaining that the position was not experimental, but more of a production position. Then he asked if this was okay and if I wanted to move forward. It was a little awkward, and kind of forced a decision on the spot.

1 Answer

One question I was asked was: "Pick one South Florida ecosystem and describe its characteristics." I was also asked how I'd handle an angry customer, how I'd handle a political figure who needed information, among a few other things. There were not a lot of questions so the panel wanted to hear a lot on each topic. There was ample time to talk which was great. At the end I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions, and did so, which seemed to make a great impression.

1 Answer

What is an instance where you were unable to finish your work due to someone else's mistake?

1 Answer

The question about NEPA and 404(b)(1) guideline differences was difficult because you either know if or you don't

Why should I hire you?

1 Answer

Tell me about your thesis project.

1 Answer

What skills did I have for this position?

1 Answer

What do you do in order to manage all of the tasks that you will have daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

1 Answer

Where do you want to be in 10 years?

110 of 158 Interview Questions