Biologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biologist Interview Questions

Biologist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What do you do in order to manage all of the tasks that you will have daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

1 Answer

I believe this questions was to find out how organized you are. Any answer would be fine as long as it shows you are organized. In this position, you have many tasks with little supervision, so it is vital that you are organized in order to handle it all.

What is an instance where you were unable to finish your work due to someone else's mistake?

1 Answer

Do you know anything about LPS?

1 Answer

One question I was asked was: "Pick one South Florida ecosystem and describe its characteristics." I was also asked how I'd handle an angry customer, how I'd handle a political figure who needed information, among a few other things. There were not a lot of questions so the panel wanted to hear a lot on each topic. There was ample time to talk which was great. At the end I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions, and did so, which seemed to make a great impression.

1 Answer

Where do you want to be in 10 years?

1 Answer

Along the line of "have you repaired any instruments".

Why should I hire you?

1 Answer

It was not really a question, but the interviewer spent a few minutes explaining that the position was not experimental, but more of a production position. Then he asked if this was okay and if I wanted to move forward. It was a little awkward, and kind of forced a decision on the spot.

1 Answer

The question about NEPA and 404(b)(1) guideline differences was difficult because you either know if or you don't

1 Answer

What was your billing rate at your former jobs? I have never been asked that before.

110 of 127 Interview Questions