WIL Research Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WIL Research Laboratories Interview Questions

2.2

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories.

Interview

Straight forward questioning with standard questions related to the Information technology field. I interviewed initially with the HR department who vetted me out and only then did I get an interview with a manager in IT. After the interview with the IT manager I spoke with a few IT personnel and ultimately the CIO.

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted a couple of weeks later about setting up the interview. Interview first with HR and then with the Analytical Chemistry department. HR asked basic behavioral questions and ensured I was okay with the animal testing that occurred at the facility. The chemists asked questions geared more towards my experience with the instrumentation they used and also asked a lot of questions about my extra curricular activities in college.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with maintaining good lab practice (GLP).   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I first spoke to HR, then to a panel of hiring managers. It seemed somewhat casual. They asked common questions, like what are your skills, etc. and asked about previous experience. It seems like the company values someone who is willing to work overtime and there are mandatory weekend rotations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Biologist-Toxicology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

First you will meet with HR and then you will be directed to your perspective department. One supervisor took me around the vivarium-it was fairly obvious that the vivarium was accessible to nearly anyone (I got the impression it's not regulated very well) I was even allowed to view primate rooms without any special protective equipment or training at all. It didn't appear that there was any strict dress code for the vivarium. Coming from a a very regulated facility, this all seemed odd to me. After the tour I was shown their tech areas and then directed into an office with different supervisors and managers for a "round table" style interview. The questions were very typical and expected. I was curious as to why I didn't get to speak with anyone other than management (not any of the technicians or anyone else outside the department).

Interview Questions

The offer was non-negotiable. Even with a degree and previous years experience, they weren't willing to budge from an entry level wage. Also during the interview I inquired about how to advance myself and they seemed to have only one or two avenues within the Tox department.

Research Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

First you do a typical interview with HR mainly asking character questions. You then do a tour of the facility and meet the department managers/supervisors. You interview with the department heads after the tour.

Associate Archivist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

They interview process is very difficult, due to the fact that HR is often in poor communication with the other mangers of Wil. So often you need to check up on your application, and send an email to the person and manager you interview with as since they might want to hire you but HR drags there fit getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Questions

• Q: Work History and how it applies
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Research Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Most of the interview questions were really irrelevant in relation to the position I was applying for. Their HR department began the interview and then handed it off to the staff scientists you would be working under. The HR representative was very welcoming but the other interviewers were slightly arrogant. Most of their more relevant questions dealt with your comfortability with the lab animal environment. They ended the interview with a brief writing test that required you to summarize the results of a clinical experiment.

Interview Questions

• If you could get rid of any state in the country, which would it be?   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Human resources interview for about an hour. Assistant director/manager interview for about an hour. Director interview for about an hour. Lunch was provided. Interview with potential coworkers for a little over an hour. Tour of the lab was given and it was casual enough that I was able to discuss the real work life. Flown out for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of three people asking me questions about my past work experience. They have your resume on hand as they ask questions. It was a very laid back atmosphere. It is pretty much describing what kind of work experience you had. At the end they do ask if you have any questions, and they like when you ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there was no neotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and quick. I was unable to get a real sense of the company from it, though. They asked easy to answer questions about my previous experience, as well as my thoughts on "on time" and work attitude (which, in retrospect, speaks volumes to the people they tend to hire and the starting level of problems their workers provide them). It included a quick tour.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a table and asked if I could figure out what was "out of place"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.