WIL Research Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WIL Research Laboratories Interview Questions

Interviews at WIL Research Laboratories

2.2

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories.

Interview

Straight forward questioning with standard questions related to the Information technology field. I interviewed initially with the HR department who vetted me out and only then did I get an interview with a manager in IT. After the interview with the IT manager I spoke with a few IT personnel and ultimately the CIO.

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

You meet with HR first; if you seem ok, then you meet with one or more departments depending on who needs folks. A supervisor will walk you around the building while asking basic interview questions; then you meet with a handful of supervisors/managers and they ask some more basic questions. Do a google search of interview questions and you'll pass. They don't really care about your answers, they just want to see if you sound / act like a normal person. No experience is needed/wanted for this position; they really just want warm bodies, so just relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What do you suppose the indent on the bottom of a wine bottle is for? What type of animal would you like to be? (it's hard to act serious when people ask you stuff like this)   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR will call in about 4-6 weeks and ask when you want to start. There is no negotiation for new hires (or promotions).

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

HR interview, followed by supervisor interview. You can look around the animal housing area and the technician area. Safety did not seem to be very well enforced, as I was not asked to garb up to enter the vivarium.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I first spoke to HR, then to a panel of hiring managers. It seemed somewhat casual. They asked common questions, like what are your skills, etc. and asked about previous experience. It seems like the company values someone who is willing to work overtime and there are mandatory weekend rotations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Research Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Most of the interview questions were really irrelevant in relation to the position I was applying for. Their HR department began the interview and then handed it off to the staff scientists you would be working under. The HR representative was very welcoming but the other interviewers were slightly arrogant. Most of their more relevant questions dealt with your comfortability with the lab animal environment. They ended the interview with a brief writing test that required you to summarize the results of a clinical experiment.

Interview Questions

• If you could get rid of any state in the country, which would it be?   Answer Question

Research Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

First you do a typical interview with HR mainly asking character questions. You then do a tour of the facility and meet the department managers/supervisors. You interview with the department heads after the tour.

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of three people asking me questions about my past work experience. They have your resume on hand as they ask questions. It was a very laid back atmosphere. It is pretty much describing what kind of work experience you had. At the end they do ask if you have any questions, and they like when you ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there was no neotiation.

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted a couple of weeks later about setting up the interview. Interview first with HR and then with the Analytical Chemistry department. HR asked basic behavioral questions and ensured I was okay with the animal testing that occurred at the facility. The chemists asked questions geared more towards my experience with the instrumentation they used and also asked a lot of questions about my extra curricular activities in college.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with maintaining good lab practice (GLP).   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Human resources interview for about an hour. Assistant director/manager interview for about an hour. Director interview for about an hour. Lunch was provided. Interview with potential coworkers for a little over an hour. Tour of the lab was given and it was casual enough that I was able to discuss the real work life. Flown out for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Associate Archivist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WIL Research Laboratories (Ashland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

They interview process is very difficult, due to the fact that HR is often in poor communication with the other mangers of Wil. So often you need to check up on your application, and send an email to the person and manager you interview with as since they might want to hire you but HR drags there fit getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Questions

• Q: Work History and how it applies
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question