bisco industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

bisco industries Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

F2F with Branch Manager and then a Skype with the Area manager. I then had a phone conversation with the Regional Manager who then pretty much just had to sign off on it.

Interview Questions

• You get a math test. You get a certain amount wrong you are automatically out of the running for the job. If you pass, then you actually have the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at bisco industries (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First had a phone interview with the recruiter. Pretty basic, she was very helpful, then face to face with office manager and regional manager. Last interview with area manager then offer

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to work against a deadline and how did you achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very fair and compensated based on experience

Sales Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at bisco industries (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I had a total of 3 Interviews. The first was a phone interview with the corporate recruiter. From there I had received a second interview, where I interviewed with the corporate recruiter for 1 hour then the Regional Manager for another hour, who is very friendly and nice! The third interview was with a team leader in sales, then finally the Sales Manager. They all asked typical questions about what you're looking for and how you can benefit the company. The last interview is also where the provided me with an offer. They only gave me one day to consider the offer. Upon accepting the offer, a back ground check is needed.

Once I learned about the commission structure, it was a no-go for me. The company environment seemed friendly though. If you do accept the offer, a background check is required.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received a call back within the same week. I initially did a phone interview with the corporate recruiter and then had to set up a second phone interview with one of the corporate trainers. Once you go into the office you have to take a math test (I think all departments except the warehouse have to do this) that's about 10 questions. They review it and make sure you pass before moving forward. From that point I met with the corporate recruiter in person followed by one of the marketing managers. I then came back in for a second in person interview and met with another marketing manager. Following that process I was offered the position and they reviewed pay, benefits, etc. Once you accept a position, a background check is required prior to your start date.

Interview Questions

bisco industries Response

Feb 5, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter & Employee Development

Thanks for your feedback and I am glad that you had a positive experience! Congratulations for joining the bisco team.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

The hiring process is very fast compared to a lot of other places. They deliver on their promise of quick turn-around time for their candidates as well as their customers.
    The interview has multiple stages, which may force you to reschedule your other priorities, but it is very worth the time investment to lock-in your interview schedule. The people that conduct your interview are very reasonable people. They like to keep things straightforward, so don't stress on the questions too much as it will harm your performance.
    Also, their HR department is actually very responsive to candidates in comparison to most other companies where HR is pretty much unreachable.
    Overall, the interview went smoothly. Regardless of the result, I'm sure candidates that apply to Bisco will not be disappointed with the interview procedure.

Interview Questions

• You should expect typical personality assessment questions that is common practice in the sales industries.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview shortly thereafter. The next day I had the phone interview and set up an in-person interview the next week. A week later I was given and offer and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked the same questions as any interview: Why would I want to work there, What experience do I have that would qualify me for the position, Sales Experience is a plus since it is all sales.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at bisco industries (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is the easy part, first you do a phone interview with at least 3 people from the company then you have a skype interview with the manager and then a conference interview with the district manager

Interview Questions

bisco industries Response

Feb 5, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter & Employee Development

Thank you for joining the bisco team! It does sound like your interview experience was lengthy but I can assure you that we have improved our process. I know your first year was a great learning ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

1: Recruiter calls and interviews you over the phone. If you can't talk when they first call, more than happy to reschedule. Takes about 30 minutes.

2. Math test: this isn't really a step on it's own, it'll happen when you come in to meet with the Area Manager you'll first take a simple math test. If you get more than 2 wrong, they'll send you on your way. It's pretty simple stuff, don't worry.

3: Area manager Skype interview. He'll have you come into the office if he's not there and skype the interview. About an hour.

4: If you pass the interview with the area manager, the office manager will come in and interview you for another hour or so.

5: For a job offer, you'll receive a phone call within a week after your interview to come in for the job offer. It's a pretty confusing offer honestly, but they come in with a fair salary. A lot of the talk is to cover their basis to prevent lawsuits.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the electronics industry?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at bisco industries (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I contacted by a recruiter from their Orange County office for an initial phone screening, at the end of the screening she scheduled me for an interview at their San Diego office. When I arrived to the interview I first had to take a quick an simple math test about profits. When I was finished they faxed the test over to the woman I spoken with on the phone and did a Skype interview with her. This basically consisted of her explaining the company to me and gave me information about the position, not too many questions. After the Skype interview I interviewed with the manager at the office. He had a basic list of questions he was required to ask.. Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The whole process took approximately 1 hour.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at bisco industries (Anaheim, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed first with recruiter over the phone, took an easy math test, and interviewed with upper mgmt. 3 phone interviews and a few different trips to the office. from my experience, most interviewed get the job.