dd's DISCOUNTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Apply on line, this was a normal process, take a survey for how you manage people, what would you do question. When you finish the survey and you are successful you will get an email asking to set over the phone interview. If you can pass this you will get a future interview with the district leader and the region supervisor. When this is over and you have done well you will get a final interview with the VP of the company on face time. The end result you will not know for weeks to come until you get a final call if you get a final call. If you don't you know you did not do well.

Interview Questions

• The me about a time you had to write someone up and why?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

On-Line application, typical form factor which limits text. The use the horrible application program inputting everything manually as it does not populate from a resume. Afterwards a 81 question assessment, which i required, and NOT mentioned beforehand. Very deceitful.

Interview Questions

• 81 questions ranging from What if's scenarios to point math and geometric rationalization questions. Horrible.   Answer Question

SPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Inglewood, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring. The manager told me to come back and interview with ASM at 3:30p that day. I actually interviewed before applying online. There was a second interview about a week later with the District LP Manager. I advise you not to appear timid. Have a commanding presence and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions. Why do you want to work here. Etc   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Gretna, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy. They ask you questions about yourself and ask why u think you should be employed at DD's. Dress nice no jeans. NO tattoos or piercings. Dress code simple. Managers are respectful

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2017.

Interview

it was fast and easy. i got 2 rounds interview. 1 with a supervisor and one with store manager. they told u what they are looking for , salary and uniform...

Interview Questions

• why do u choose us?
      situational Question? like, what if....   Answer Question

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (New Orleans, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

interviewed about a week after submitting online application. interviewer was very professional and through. explained details of what is expected from the job. explained benefits and perks of the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Fontana, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview at the end of the week. The interview was about 10 mins with the store manager. Asked me about my previous job experience, my availability, why I wanted to work there, and how I'd handle certain situations.

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Hallandale Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied early morning like 8 am, got a call at 1 pm. Was asked to come in 2 days later for an interview, due to me moving states, I was able to push my interview 5 days later. Real smooth interview, manager wanted me to meet the Manager Protection Specialist but due to him being out of town, my second interview happened via FaceTime 2 days after coming in. Got a call about 3 hours after second interview by manager extending job offer. Discussed pay, benefits and length of background check. A week later, I started.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was two managers there one training the other. The one that was training asked me a bunch of questions about customer service and situations I've been in dealing with customers. They called back a couple of days later to offer me the job. Just waiting on my background check.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to turn a bad situation into something good?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and assistant manager. I talked with the assistant first and she asked me questions about my previous work experience and what areas in the store I previously worked at to get a feel of my experience and background. We talked about what dds expects of their employees as well. She told me the pay rate and discussed the fact that everybody in the store learns all phases of the stores operation. I was then interviewed by the manger and he discussed pay rate as well and what the typical schedule of a new employee was. He then said they had to a background check and after they would call me as to when I would start.

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked me if i was a self starter and did I have any problems with working alone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quite simple.