dotdigital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dotdigital Interview Questions

Interviews at dotdigital

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dotdigital in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screening. Applied through LinkedIn and was immediately contacted. Unfortunately from there, the process became broken. Hiring manager was late by 15 minutes without any explanation. Briefly explained the company and asked only one question. Seemed like he was going through the motions and could not answer any of my questions thoroughly; how do you believe market research and consumer insights are evolving year over year, how are you experiences from the UK making an impact here in the US market and what do you see that is different, what improvements have you made since joining the US team, etc.

Interview Questions

dotdigital Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Global HR Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that you didn’t have a great experience interviewing with dotmailer.

I will ensure your comments are... More

Application

I interviewed at dotdigital in May 2013.

Interview

The Interview process was a very educational one and overall definitely prepares you for the job at hand. You'll need to teach the product to yourself and essentially demo it to 2 of your future higher ups. Lastly you'll be brought in for a face to face with your standard interview process. They don't waste time in the process and give you straight forward answers

Interview Questions

• If you were sitting in my chair what sort of questions would you ask and why would you want to make this hire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal room for negotiation.

Email Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dotdigital (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable. Spoke at first with someone in HR, then met in person with the office manager for the US office. Then had a Skype interview with the then Sales Manager. They asked me to demo their platform as part of the sales process to make sure I could understand what questions to ask and the best way to communicate with potential customers. Met with the SVP for North America and two other SVP's of Sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you generate new business leads?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at dotdigital in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very positive. The HR team was very transparent about the process and timeline. Communication was very clear from the beginning. I interviewed with three different people during the process. All of my questions were answered ahead of receiving an offer.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dotdigital (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

For the AD role I had two interviews and the opportunity to meet with four of the team as well as have an office walk around. Both were quite informal but with a few good questions thrown in to keep me on my toes.

Interview Questions

• If I had the choice of submitting a piece of information to the client that was either 'good and on time' or 'perfect and slightly late' which would I go with?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at dotdigital (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Great process, very clear and honest advice, expectations managed and overall very thorough. I was asked to present, again, not too arduous and overall felt instructed what was expected.

Would recommend asking as much as possible about company, structure and what to expect in first interview as this comes in handy at final stages.

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dotdigital (Croydon, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR the same day (Friday) as the referral was received, with a telephone interview scheduled for the following Monday. After passing the telephone interview I was invited for a second round face to face interview with the Dept Team Lead and Manager, and following that a final face to face interview with a member of HR and the Head of Department.

The interview process was rigorous but well structured. I felt that I got to know a great deal about the company and the role and was encouraged to ask questions and build a dialogue.

All stages of the process were handled swiftly and efficiently, and everyone I interacted with was professional, approachable and welcoming.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dotdigital (Cape Town (South Africa)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was being interviewed for a position at the Cape Town office by the recruiter in London.

This started with an email where the Recruiter asked me to confirm interest and I did, then set up a telephonic interview (Skype with the Team Lead.) This wa followed by a short skills test.

I passed this stage and was invited for a second interview with the Team Lead together with the Head of the Business Unit. This went well and I was then invited for a meet and greet with the head of the local office I was going to be working at.

Through all this, I was in constant contact with the recruiter who initially reached out to me regarding my availability for the call, how I found the interview, etc.

Interview Questions

dotdigital Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Global HR Director

Thanks for sharing your positive experience of joining the dotmailer team.

Great to have you aboard.

David Aldrich
    Global HR Director

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at dotdigital (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

- Very quick and professional
    - Very thorough and understanding of reservations
    - Very patient in waiting till time was right for me
    - Had to present on my knowledge of company, which they help you with

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dotdigital (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was in a contract elsewhere, happily plodding along. I received a LinkedIn message recognising I wasn't looking but if I was to reach out for this role. I responded and received a call within 3 days, discussed the role, I became interested in the opportunity as the company has hit huge milestones (Public / US & APAC offices / ethics / growth), I came in and met my manager for first stage, was very relaxed, came smart / casual so no need to go super formal. Whole meeting felt more like a coffee and a brain storming opportunity than an interview. I left feeling happy I asked everything I wanted to know. I received feedback the next day, all positive, came back for final with HR, shorter meeting this time and 3 days later I got an offer.

I knew just by meeting the team at 1st stage I wanted to be a part of dotmailer, so many people made me laugh, feel comfortable and the knowledge internally about the industry blew me away.

I joined 2 weeks later. 15 months on still here.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals for the future and how can dotmailer support those?   1 Answer