iCare Repair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at iCare Repair

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iCare Repair (Okemos, MI).

Interview

I submitted an application through their website. It took a couple weeks, but I heard back for an interview over the phone. When that finished, they requested I come in person next week. They asked some pretty standard questions. Have you had prior experience, Tell us about a time you performed above and beyond, that sort of thing. Pretty standard review, I guess. Didn't feel very professional, but in a good way.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience with repairing devices?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate pay. They tell you what you're starting at and that's that.

Phone Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iCare Repair (Holland, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Owner brought me in, and asked what I knew about fixing phones, then continued to ask about my customer service experience. The interview went quickly and I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• What types of phones have you fixed before?   1 Answer

Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iCare Repair (Okemos, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

When you apply online they get back to you relatively quickly but the process takes about a month because they like to hire a group of people all at once for their corporate office training. They quiz you three times, the last one being the one you especially want to do well on. Once you get the job they give you your uniform and inform you of the location you'll be working at.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we hire you?"   1 Answer
    • "Have you worked on smartphones before?"   1 Answer

Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iCare Repair (Okemos, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

You submit a resume on their website under careers, if it looks like a valid candidate they contact you and set up the interview. At the interview you sit down and they ask you general questions about your resume and your experiences. And if they liked the interview they give you call back to set up your first day.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working on devices such as phones and tablets?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How long do you plan on staying with this company should you get hired?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to get out of this job?   1 Answer

Repair Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCare Repair (Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a call from the district manager who asked me to come in for an interview. I came in and met with the store manager and district manager. They were very thorough and asked a lot of questions, but also made it clear what kind of job I was applying for. They were very easy to talk to, but not easy to impress.

Interview Questions

• With your limited experience, why should we hire you instead of someone who knows more about this line of work?   1 Answer

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCare Repair (Lansing, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

You send your resume online to get evaluated. After the evaluation, if they are interested, they will then call you a week before the interview to set up a interview time. They will tell you that you need to bring a hard-copy of your resume with you to the interview. At the interview they will ask you questions for about 20 to 30 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much negotiation. If you have fixed devices before they seem to be more willing to work with you on the compensation. If not, they put you on a training period to see how well you can learn how to fix devices.