iCore Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iCore Networks Interview Questions

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iCore Networks in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized. Went in at the designated interview time and was promptly greeted and interviewed by the HR representative for about 10 minutes. Then I was told to wait in the lobby for a second interview with a manager. I waited for about 30 minutes before they realized how long I was waiting and then I was told to shadow a technical support engineer. I then shadowed him for about 1 hour to about 1 1/2 hours, before the employee I was shadowing started wondering what was taking so long. He went to find out what was happening, and when he came back I was told the manager had no idea he was scheduled for an interview with me. So I finally went in for an interview and was constantly being interrupted as the manager was on a conference call throughout the process. I was asked about my resume and experience and he asked a few troubleshooting questions. Towards the end of the interview we were once again interrupted by another manager, before I was finally shown out.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at iCore Networks.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview, then a ride along (shadowing), and an additional 3-4 more face-to-face interviews at 3-4 different dates. It's pretty long but they do it for a reason. They want you to see what you're actually getting yourself into before you accept the offer if presented with one.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you if you do not have a college degree?   1 Answer

Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iCore Networks (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from iCore called me based on my resume on Monster and after a few questions and discussion of the position they asked me to come in for an interview. A few days later I met with the Director of Cloud Services for about an hour and a half. I then returned the next week for a "day in the field" in which I met with most of the rest of the Cloud Services team and learned a lot more about the company and the role. Finally, I came in for a "final interview" two days later with the Director of Cloud Services and his boss, the VP of Engineering. I was told I was being made an offer and asked to accept it on the spot, although I never saw a salary figure or a written offer letter.

Interview Questions

Through the interview process I learned that:
    -iCore is very uptight
    -You can't wear jeans
    -If your late a few times you'll be fired, and 8am is the non-negotiable start time every day
    -There is indoctrination
    -Management believes the word "impressionable" means you dress nice and have a clean cut look (i.e. "presentable") when in fact it means you are easily impressed upon (i.e. "susceptible"). Apparently they want you to be so impressionable that you are willing to accept an alternative definition for the word impressionable that is not in the dictionary.
    -iCore has a lot of positive reviews on glassdoor, most of which have similar wording throughout and smell like fakes from HR. There are then a bunch of horrible reviews that claim they mistreat their employees.
    -iCore told me I was being made an offer but never put it in writing. I felt like I was getting the runaround. Despite this I was told I had to make a decision within 24 hours or the offer would be withdrawn.
    -iCore acted like I was crazy for asking to see their employment contract after my "final interview".
    -Overall I just got the wrong vibe despite many positive notes during the interview process

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iCore Networks in October 2014.

Interview

I got a call from their HR who found my resume on monster. She was extremely nice and we had about a 15min conversation on the phone where she asked the usual questions - why are you looking to leave, why are you interested in iCore, etc. Then we scheduled the next interview on site to meet with a few people including the head of the department.

I was told that there is a 4 step interview process - 1 phone screen, 2 meet with department, 3 shadowing day, 4 meet with CEO. well the position I was interviewing for had no "department," so I met with the CEO with 2 other people in the room for the second interview. I could tell that the CEO really cared about his company, but the meeting was somewhat unusual for me because I was not expecting to do the last step as the second step, and I felt like a student being schooled during the entire time. At the end of it however, I felt positive because he spoke as if he was ready to offer me the position.

I went through a 3rd and 4th round, each about a couple of hours, the 3rd being meeting with people in cross departmental positions and 4th with a couple more that the position might remotely be tied to. There was no "shadowing" day for me because again, no department for that position. I thought the 3rd and 4th interview could be tied into one. The people I met with were nice and professional. I asked all of them if they liked working there and they all said they liked it. However, many of them were recent hires - one head of a department has been there for only 4 months. after the final interview the HR person told me she would be reaching out to me in a few days.

the end of week came and went, so I followed up next week and was told that they went with another candidate.

Overall I thought:
    - the first person you talk to, the HR person, is energetic and nice but you can tell she's very tired and overworked;
    - the presentation of the space was very lacking, half of the building is in construction and the cubicles just look sad;
    - you have to pay for parking each and every time and they don't reimburse you for that which kind of sucks;
    - all indications are that work/life balance is poor and the environment does not seem all that happy but if you ask them directly whether they like working there, they all say they love it.
    - mandatory 8am company meetings may not be warranted every single day;
    - definitely takes a certain kind of person (perhaps a workaholic) who is willing to overlook a lot of things to fit into their company culture.

I'm sure many talented individuals work there and it is a good company in many respects, but evaluation of the company and the job and whether it fits into your current goals is necessary as much as they evaluate you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at iCore Networks in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and current employee and was contacted immediately. I came in for an interview for a position and each time I was presented with a different, and more suitable job opening to explore. I enjoyed this aspect because it ensured that I was placed in the best position possible. The process was quite long, as you are brought it for first interviews, a day in the field, and multiple interviews with management etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating on my salary, It was set in stone, but they offered me to be eligible for a pay increase in 6 months.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCore Networks in July 2014.

Interview

First was a LinkedIn request and telephone call/introduction from one of the corporate recruiters. I was then asked to interview with the manager one on one in person. Next I came back another day for a ride along with a current rep in the field for the day. Lastly, a business plan presentation with the manager and Chief Sales Officer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than the rest of the candidate pool?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at iCore Networks (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Fairly unprofessional. Person who was supposed to interview me could not be found while rest of company was preparing for a soccer World Cup party. Interview started 45 minutes late without explanation.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about work hours.   1 Answer

Service Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCore Networks (McLean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

4 step interview Process:

1. Initial Interview
    2. Interview with who would be your direct supervisor
    3. Day in the field
    4. Interview following "Day in the field"

The interviews will ask all the basic questions. At the "Day in the Field" they call it 'free labor' for a day. They expect you to take notes on the position, ask questions, and basically it is a day of being trained for free. They usually only invite the people they want to hire. BEWARE: my day in the field was nothing like the position I had.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked: "Tell me your life story as it pertains to how you are now, what shaped you to be the professional you are now?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on the salary. What they gave you is what you are expected to take. They would not negotiate anything. Every employee receives the same amount of vacation and benefits.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

3 Steps

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Interview

I got a call back after submitting my resume on their site. The person on the phone was professional and I scheduled an interview. I only realized how unprofessional the company was once I went to the office.

FIRST INTERVIEW: face to face with the recruiting manager, the supervisor you will be working with, and the head of the department.

Once at the office, I waited over 15 minutes past the SCHEDULED interview time. I came in between five to ten minutes early. I talked with three interviewers and waited probably over 10 minute between each person. I had a meeting with the recruiter and 2 to-be-supervisors.

After the three interviews, the last interviewer had me wait in the waiting room. After waiting some time the front desk admin went to check on my interviewers. When she came back she said they are having a meeting and talking things over. I thought this meant they needed more time. SO I asked if i should leave? (yes, I specifically asked since I did not want to assume anything). The admin said yes and I left after 2+ hour interview.

Later on that day, I got a call saying I was supposed to meet with the department head, and they scheduled me for the next day. Btw, I asked about the interview process twice, they told me: one day of interviews (would include talking to hiring manager, and two managers), one day in the field, and then one day to meet the CEO.

I also just want to add this about my first day interview. There was a cellphone that kept going off with notifications (not mine of course, lol). Also, during the interview, I saw my interviewer taking on phone call and random employees walking in and out of the booked conference room where the interview was going on. And lastly, during my waiting periods I heard lots of company/employee gossip.

SECOND DAY: I came back again paying for tolls, parking, gas to and from. With an interview with the department head. The department head was very new to the company. Before and during the interview she kept leaving and talking with people passing by. It irritated me because it was distracting but hard to create a repertoire. This also wasted so much of my time since I was left just waiting in the chair. In return for my patience and time, I gained very little from this interview and did not get to share much of my experience and abilities.

OVERALL:
    Lots of: waiting, lack of communications, distractions during and throughout the interview process.

ADVICE:
    If you are looking to interview here, ASK TO GET THE INTERVIEW ITINERARY EMAILED TO YOU WITH TIMES!!! That's the best tip I think I can give to save you money, time, and a headache. I hope working here is much different than interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• none. Basic Qs: tell me about yourself, strength, weaknesses, where do you want to be in 5/10 years, and a few behavioral.   Answer Question

I did not want to deal with gossip, incompetence, and go through any more terrible experience.