iD Tech Camps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at iD Tech Camps

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Remote Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume I received an email asking me to set up a Zoom interview, with some instructions that I was to prepare a 10-12 minute field test (a sample lesson as it were) including an introduction, icebreaker, and brief lesson. It's a little vague as to what they're expecting from the field test, because they don't give you a class to pretend to teach, or an age group to model towards, but it seems they understand that vagueness and are looking for adaptability. The interviewer was really friendly and covered the job expectations and asked some questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the parent is taking notes, writing code, and/or otherwise doing the work for the student?   1 Answer
    • What classes do you think you're suited to teach?   1 Answer

Interview

Started off with a brief introduction and explanation of the job. Spoke briefly on my experiences and programing skills on the courses I would be teaching. As well as my experience working with children. We went over a couple of camp scenarios as well and what I would do in each of the scenarios as well.

Online Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Interviewer was friendly and mostly behavioral questions relating to children and experiences with children.Heard back within 2 weeks after applying. The interview was on the phone.

ID Tech Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps in November 2020.

Interview

The interview was scheduled in a very simple and convenient manner with you choosing a date a time from the list available that also works for you. The interview contains some general questions you might expect from an interview as well as some specific to the role you are applying for. You will also be asked to perform a brief teaching demo, of which you will have been given time to prepare before the interview.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the lessons, where would you expect your students to be at/what would you expect them to be able to do?   Answer Question

Online Instructor Interview

Interview

Very welcoming and brief, standard interview questions. Did a sample lesson as they requested along with a couple follow-up questions. Not many questions, did not get asked too many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a parent kept interrupting and helping during a lesson?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

They asked questions about how you would approach different scenarios with students, how you would teach a certain topic, and your background with the languages you listed and interests in teaching/computers.

Interview Questions

• What classes did you take/experience do you have with a programming language   Answer Question

ID Tech Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps (Miami, FL) in October 2020.

Interview

After two days of submitting my application and resume, one of iD tech's Talent Acquisition Specialists emailed me with a link to schedule a Zoom interview. I completed the interview that same week. It was a fun and engaging interview, and I enjoyed meeting the Talent Acquisition Specialist. I also really enjoyed the screening test, which allowed me to do a mock lesson with the specialist. Although I did have some technical difficulties with my iPad during the interview, I feel that it was an overall fair interview. Also, my iPad's technical problems forced me to improvise with my lesson, which was good practice in case that ever happens to me again with a student (although I immediately fixed the issue and made sure my iPad was working with share screen on Zoom after the interview).

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be most challenging for you after hearing what this job has to offer and asks of you?   1 Answer

Online Private Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps (Ridgefield, NJ) in October 2020.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward and was a great time to meet the recruiter and talk things out with them. They asked typical behavioral questions and likes to talk about things you seem proficient in your resume. They really like to assess what kind of person and if you would be a great instructor.

Interview Questions

• Q: It seems like you have experience in coding, which programming language would be most comfortable to you?   Answer Question

Interview

It was a 30-minute interview with an iD Tech manager. It was pretty straightforward. We went over basic behavioral interview questions and then were instructed to teach/lead a mock lesson.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the concept of a variable to a 6-year-old.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive and took over 3 hours. There were lots of standard behavioral questions, such as "what is your biggest weakness," "describe one time you succeeded," "describe one time you failed." These questions were followed by a mock phone call and an email writing test.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you failed, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question