iD Tech Camps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iD Tech Camps Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.3

Instructor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

I put in my application and after a couple of days received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview (though some people's email took a few weeks). During the interview, my manager was very friendly and made me feel at ease by telling me about his own journey with iD Tech. The call lasted about an hour, and covered his experience, information on how camp was run, the actual interview questions for me, and a rundown of the different positions, locations, and how much I would get paid. The next week I got a follow-up call saying I got hired and if I had any other questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of afternoon activity would you do with the kids?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

There were a lot of "what would you do if..?" type questions. I went through multiple interviews -- the first was a " here's some information about how long the hours are, are you still interested?" type. At least one will be a Google Hangouts video interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you walked in and found some of your staff drinking after the kids went to sleep?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied very late for an Instructor position in NorCal and got an interview from a friend's referral. I began with an email letting me know they wanted to arrange a phone. I spoke with their Hiring Manager over the phone, she asked me a bunch of questions regarding my experience working with kids and my technical background. I answered honestly and with a few hours after the call I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with children?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps in April 2017.

Interview

Took 2 weeks from time of application submission to recieve a response, two more to recieve a decision. Discussed topics such as "Why iDTech?", "Skills needed to suceed as instructor at iDTech", "How would you teach X subject?", "Experience in javascript?", "What kind of skills are you interested in teaching?", Discussed how the job works.

Interview Questions

• If a parent made a complaint about a child not learning anything in class, how would you remedy the situation?   1 Answer
    • What topics would you need to teach to create pong clone in java?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day and schuduled an interview for thefollowing week. Was suprised and impressed with how quick the whole process was. The interview itself was straightforward and simple. Had a great time.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unruly kid and other such questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps (Bloomington, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. Lots of questions about what made me qualified for the job like customer service questions, etc. Lots of questions about kids so if you don't work with them previously be prepared to at least answer questions about them.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

The interview was a one hour phone interview. The interviewer mostly described situations and asked how you would deal with them. Some had to do with parents, others teaching and others managing kids.

Lead Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps.

Interview

An hour long phone interview with the regional director. The interview goes by fast and is pretty engaging. I had fun with it. They basically want to get an idea of your experience, enthusiasm, and skills. Very minimal technical questions, not much you need to know. Most of the call was walking through a hypothetical week at camp. Things come up and you're asked how you'd handle situations.

Interview Questions

• You notice an instructor showed up late Monday because of her alarm, Tuesday comes and she's late again. How would you handle this?   Answer Question
    • A camper gives you an attitude Monday, rolling their eyes in class. Tuesday comes and the camper is now refusing to participate in the outside activities and instead sits by a tree on their phone. How do you handle this?   Answer Question
    • Parents come for the iConference on the last day, how do you introduce yourself and the class to the incoming parents getting ready to check out their kids work?   Answer Question
    • If I talked to someone who didn't like you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Lead Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly it was on email that I got the first text. Then we talked over the phone where we discussed the interview, questions were not technical at all and mostly soft skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a concept of object oriented programming to a kid using minecraft   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iD Tech Camps in March 2017.

Interview

I signed up for a one-hour phone interview at a certain time. The interviewer called me. We spoke for a little over an hour, and had a very pleasant conversation. She asked me to describe what I would do in a few scenarios, mostly related to classroom management and safety, but also some related to instruction.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer gave an example of a child acting out in class in a specific way. How would you handle that?   Answer Question