iData Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iData Research Interview Questions

2.5

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at iData Research (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Someone will give you a call to set up an interview. There are 2 parts of the interview: market analysis (requires knowledge on excel to come up with formulas and word to write report) and meeting with the CEO. The whole process can take up to 90 min, but it varies depending on your skills. Meeting with the CEO was very short, probably about 10 min or so. To be honest, I got turned off almost immediately when I saw the office and decided not to work there right off the bat. This might've influenced my behaviour during the interview and so he decided to cut the interview short. Who knows.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions like why do you want to work here and how do you see yourself in 5 years. Nothing of substance, really.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iData Research (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Involved a phone interview with HR. Then there was a face to face interview with the CEO, and a through interview with the senior sales member followed by a sales pitch with one of the senior sales team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iData Research (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a telephone interview with an HR person and she asked me standard questions about my experience and interest in working for them. The telephone interview lasted about 15 minutes.
    I was asked to come in for a job interview on Tuesday, but they rescheduled it last-minute for Thursday. I was right on time, but had to wait for 15 minutes until someone informed me the HR person called in sick that day.

I then had a short interview with their CEO. He asked me standard questions about my background, skills, and experience. He asked me if I am flexible with work hours as they have many international clients. I mentioned that I occasionally worked overtime hours and work from home to accommodate international clients, but glad I asked to further clarify his expectations. He said they sometimes work 5 am to 4 pm and 12-8 pm, which seemed crazy hours. He does not allow employees to work from home and I am assuming overtime is unpaid. He also confronted me that I showed-up late for the interview and didn't take the computer test first, so I had to clarify myself that I was on time agreed with the absent HR person.

I took a computer test in a different room that had pretty straightforward Excel questions. Formulas are given to you, but you need to calculate percentage changes and moving averages in Excel. You then write a short essay based on the information given in the previous question about statistics on hip replacement surgeries. The test took about 1.5 hours and I found this interview to be rather lengthy. As a side note, they have a nice modern office with big tables.

Do not waste your time interviewing with this company unless you are really desperate and can work crazy hours (recent grad with no experience?). My interview experience confirmed negative Glassdoor reviews and I was happy they didn't waste my time for another interview. They clearly have issues with crazy overtime hours, disorganised HR, and micromanaging CEO.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem working irregular hours? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iData Research (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

First you take 1 hour of written test, and then 1 hour of oral interview is conducted. Written test is some market analysis which is not too difficult in my opinion. After that you are asked to write a report based on the analysis you just made. Interview questions are just typical.

Market Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at iData Research (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked to come to for a 1.5-hour technical exam as well as an interview. The exam was manageable. However, I was told that I would be interviewed with someone and that person simply wasn't there when I finished my exam. I was looking for him and someone approached me at the corridor and asked me to come for interview. He did not say he was the CEO, and the interview was short and lasted not more than 20 minutes.

Apparently they work at night too, and pretty often. I wasn't invited to a second interview.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at iData Research (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview with the HR Rep lasting 20 mins. Basic questions to get to know you, ask about your sales experience and how it could translate to their company. They also asked about your interests and hobbies to get an idea of your personality. I was then offered an in-person meeting but declined.

Interview Questions

The sales position wasn't what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iData Research (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially received a phone call from HR, which was followed with an excel assessment and meeting with the CEO, followed by a follow up interview. It all seemed very rush-rush, like they were so desperate to hire me that they didn't really care about the process, if that makes sense. I felt like I was just someone that fit a role they needed, anyone could do the position I was applying for and they knew that, so I knew I wasn't going to be valued at this company at all.

Interview Questions

• The CEO asked very general questions like, "Why do you want to join our team? What interests you about this company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc. But the 2nd interview involved more experienced employees and they asked random questions to determine your critical reasoning ability like, "How many diapers would be needed annually in China?" Use common sense with them and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iData Research in January 2015.

Interview

The HR called me, and after a brief talk we made an appointment for the next day to come in.
    After that, I read the reviews on here and on a couple of other sites. The volume of negative reviews concerned me the most. One or two could just be an unhappy employee or a competitor. Many were directly targeted at the CEO, who is still in place.

I called back the next day and expressed my concerns. Their answers did not give me enough confidence to continue. I cancelled my appointment.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I had interview with CEO, Manager and other staff. Staff were very nice, CEO seemed nice but was trying to hide something about the culture of company. The interview was pretty straight forward, and general questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were basic and similar to other interview questions   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iData Research in October 2014.

Interview

HR was very quick to get back to me requesting a phone interview within a week. Phone interview lasted only a few questions about why I was applying etc. and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview the following day. The first in-person interview involved a simple excel analysis, some calculations and graphs and then a short write up. I met with the CEO that same day. And he asked the basics: "Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years.." and then said he was looking for a 2 year commitment from new hires. The next day I was called for the second interview, with three analytics staff. They asked a few questions about experience, and what challenges I might have. They said that their research methodology mostly consisted of cold-calling but couldn't tell me how they incentivized "industry insiders" to give them any information. I was then asked to explain how I would calculate daily revenues from a bridge toll. The following day they asked for my references, which I provided and they got back to me again within a week. I was told I would be offered a contract and asked to come in the following day.

When I met with the CEO he showed me the contract and I said that I would like to take it home and review it. This is where is got shifty. He said that if I couldn't sign today it might delay my ability to start on Monday and could delay the whole project. He encouraged me to take it to the other room, look it over, ask questions and then hopefully I would be satisfied. I did this, brought it back and reluctantly signed. I then asked HR what my first day would involve and they said the manager wouldn't be in Monday so it would be a slow day. I took the contract home and my friends and family said that is was a very problematic contract. I will not go into details but to be brief: the contract was written such that the employee was at risk of working for minimum wage or less. I read the reviews on this website and became gravely concerned.

When I arrived Monday I requested to meet again with the CEO to renegotiate the terms. He did meet with me for almost an hour and said most of the issues I raised could be addressed. I received a call later that day saying that although he would gladly meet my demands and would very much like to hire me, my actions and initial mistrust of the company (please see former employee reviews) had soured any potential relationship with my would-be co-workers. I told him that was too bad, and thank you anyway.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy, the difficult thing is ensuring you are protected from exploitation. DO NOT sign the contract the day you receive it. INSIST on taking it home and having an experienced person review it. Or better yet, read the reviews here before you go through the interview process. The former employee reviews confirmed nearly all of my concerns raised during the interview process.   Answer Question

The contract offered had very low base pay with a slight bonus incentive. There was no description of the project and no description of deliverables. There was no guarantee that the employee would make more than minimum wage and the contract stipulated that if the project was left unfinished, all wages would have to be paid back. There were many other problems with the contract and I felt pressured to sign without time to properly review it.