iHeartMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Nashville, TN) in March 2020.

Interview

I personally emailed a recruiter for the company first, as I had her contact info through a referral. The whole interview process included (1) a recruiter phone screen, (2) a technical interview via Zoom/HackerRank, and (3) a half day in-person interview. The final half day interview consisted of 6 different 30 minute sessions, each with one person from the tech team as a whole (ranging from a Product Manager, all the way to the Director of Web Engineering).

Interview Questions

• How would you work out a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite website or app in terms of design and user experience, and why?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia in June 2020.

Interview

This was one of the most bizarre interview processes I’ve ever gone through. After speaking to the recruiter, I was told the job was a certain specialization in social media (which I had). Then it was time for my second interview via zoom. The interviewer didn’t show up to the call and I finally got word it was being postponed - no apology. When the actual second interview happened, nothing was mentioned of the specialization the recruiter and I had discussed. I’m still not entirely sure what I was interviewing for as everyone had different answers!

Eventually got word that I didn’t get the job (I already knew this because offers were already sent out) in an email that highlighted my talent and personality.

This company is really lacking in communication and that was blatantly obvious. They went from telling me it was one job to telling me it was another and back again. They went from telling me I was a “perfect fit” to telling me they went with someone else.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Nashville, TN) in June 2020.

Interview

I had a referral so got the interview. The process took 6 weeks to get 3 interviews done. I was not selected after 3rd round.

*THE HR PERSON WAS THE SLOPPIEST HR I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS*

I guess it was an HR bot. Would send the same email by just replacing name of the people I will be interviewing with. Nothing else was mentioned. Not their roles, not the nature of the interview. I tried calling but the call got on voice mail every single time. Confirmed with my referral and to my surprise, he as well felt the same throughout his process.

The interview process was discussed before but they changed it every time. The last person I spoke to told me he loved conversing with me and will hear about the next step from HR. The interview did went well! But to my surprise after chasing the SLOPPY/GHOSTING HR down for 1 week , I got an automated rejection!

Overall - Work and Profile was interesting, but the HR stole the show!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here? What metrics do you think we track for measuring the performance?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy. HR rep had contacted me in the beginning but then left me hanging for a few weeks. I came into the office twice for in-person interviews.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

I responded to an ad on iheartmedia.con 6 days after it was posted for a promotions assistant job. The regional director of marketing reached out to me the following day and offered me an interview, along with set days and times they could see me. I picked the first date available, over a week later and brought my resume with me as they suggested. I was greeted by the director and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. I don't know how I did yet but I will keep updated!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Columbus, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

It was relaxed. This was one of the more chill interviews I have been too. It was super comfortable. I did not feel nervous or pressured by them. I would recommend interviewing with them for sure.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia in January 2020.

Interview

Had an initial call with recruiter, went very well and she scheduled me to speak with the hiring manager a week later. Spoke with the hiring manager, she was very nice and explained the job responsibilities that mirrored my current position. She told me that the recruiter would be in touch soon with next steps. A few minutes later, I received a call from the recruiter to come in for an interview, and I thought wow, they must really like me!

I go in the following week for an on-site interview: met with 3 people in person, and spoke with 1 person over the phone. 2 of the in-person meetings were great, the people were wonderful. The last person I met with in person was nice, though I felt my meeting with them was very rushed: only had a couple of minutes to speak with me before running off to a meeting, and seemed very distracted by phone calls and people talking in the hallways. We talked for a little bit and then as they were rushing to their next meeting, did the whole "let's walk and talk" and then just kind of left me standing there without directing me how to leave the building.

I emailed the recruiter that evening to check on next steps (since I wasn't able to ask the final person I met with as they were rushing to a meeting), and was told that a decision should be made sometime next week. I get an email the next morning saying they decided to go in a different direction, which was quite a shock that they made up their minds that quickly about who they were extending an offer to. If you ask me, they already made their decision about who they wanted to hire before I even walked in the door. There really was no point in meeting me, and I wish they hadn't of wasted my time.

I then asked the recruiter for feedback as to reasoning/what I could improve on going forward, and they wouldn't budge or provide any sort of insight. Made the bad taste in my mouth even worse. So, long story short, they definitely could have handled this process way better -- don't invite potential candidates in to meet with you and waste their time if you already knew who you were going to hire in the first place.

Interview Questions

• What is your personality like in the office?   1 Answer

Interview

fairly easy. Sometimes it’s a panel style and sometimes it’s one on one. It’s a lot about your experience and what you can bring to the team. Very friendly people

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. Initially the recruiter will interview you to make sure you are eligible. They request that you don't speak negatively about former employers (why would you) but then pry you to discuss difficulties you faced in last jobs. Seems like their pick had already been made and felt like 3 weeks of wasted time.

Interview Questions

• What three questions can you ask me to find out a certain number I am thinking of?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHeartMedia.

Interview

One in person interview with three people. They didn’t really seem prepared with questions during the interview. They never followed up after even when reached out to multiple times for a decision after the interview.