iHeartMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at iHeartMedia

2.4

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (San Antonio, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Was very fair and relevant to the position and my abilities. They didn't get back to me right away but once they did, we had a phone screening, then in person, and I got to meet the team I would work with. That really helped me decide whether or not I wanted to work there. I liked it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Orange, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview then onsite, it start with someone from HR calling to make sure you have the minimum qualification and schedule an appointment at the office, then you have 1:1 interview with a quiz.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia in July 2013.

Interview

Flew to Denver, 3.5 hour drive to office, multiple one-on-one interviews with team leaders, software tech test (solve these coding problems), drive back to Denver, fly home. It was all done in one day which makes for a long day and a little bit of a brain drain. The company paid for everything. After being hired the company was quick to reimburse moving expenses.

Interview Questions

• Things pretty much went as expected and included the typical things for this job. Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to a hiring freeze it went back and forth from "hired", "No. Wait", "What about contract work?", "Oh we can hire you after all"

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite positive until the end. I did not get an offer (that
    s fine) and the feedback given was that I should have done something that was impossible to do and they never bothered to address this mistake.

I talked with the new VP of engineering on the phone as I am out of state and he was a really cool dude and It seemed like a great place to work. I was handed off to the recruiter where they asked me some general background questions and then said I would do a technical test on HackerRank as they wanted someone with coding chops.

It took me about 5 days to take the test as I am currently working full time. The recruiter was seemed pretty anxious to get my results so maybe the contributed to not getting an offer. I turned in the test and about 3 days later they said they would not be considering me anymore and as for feed back, they would have liked to see me use a Python library that was not available to use on the test. Considering that the library would have made the challenge way easier, I think I did pretty well on it. I emailed them back about this and was ghosted.

If they decided to move on from me for a different reason, that's perfectly fine, but the feedback was garbage and they never bothered to address the mistake they made.

Advertising Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume, got a call from the Sales Manager to come in for an interview. Was made to wait for almost an hour. When the Sales Manager came to get me, he was dressed in casual clothing. I was brought to his office and through out the entire interview he answered his phone, people came in and out of his office and barely heard anything I said. Took my portfolio with all my past written work, held onto it to review and upon request to give it back, it was never returned.

Interview Questions

• Not too many questions as he was too busy with all the other distractions   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Baltimore, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

General questions of job knowledge and workability with co-workers

Interview Questions

• Which programs are you most comfortable for you to work with?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had looked at my resume, and he wanted to interview me over the phone so I scheduled that and at the end he told me my interview went great and he would pass me along to the staff who wanted the new employee in NY to see if they wanted to move forward with an interview. A few days later I interviewed with the 4 staff members hiring for the position, I spent about 3 hours total with them and the interview went great. I emailed them all thank yous and two emailed back saying they would be in touch soon and they enjoyed meeting me etc., the recruiter also called me the next day saying that he heard some great things.

About 10 days went by and I did not hear anything back from them, and then got an email saying that everything went well with my interview and the next step in the hiring process was that they needed to do my background check, they sent me forms to fill out, and I did and turned them in later that evening. They confirmed receiving them.

About 2 weeks had gone by and I had not heard anything, so I emailed and called the recruiter to see if there was any info he could share with me. He never responded.

i waited another week and then called the recruiter and left him a voicemail message. Nothing again.

It has now been 5 weeks, almost 6 since I have heard from them after submitting my background check. Note, there is nothing bad on my background that would cause any issues.

I think it is really unprofessional to drag someone around, if you were not hiring them or you have moved on with someone else or another position in said office. It seemed like the recruiter had good communication prior, during and after my interviews with them and the staff, but then went totally MIA.

I have also noticed this job has not popped back up on their job listings, so I wonder if they have chosen to not hire for the position or to eliminate it. Which is fine, and these things happen, but I would have just loved to have actually heard from them after they told me my next step for hiring was the background.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Mobile, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

Since this was for an internship, the department chair at my university contacted iHeart first to see if they had any open intern positions. After that, I sent my resume and cover letter to iHeart. I had an interview setup within a week of send in my resume/cover letter. The interview was really easy. It consisted of the average interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Poughkeepsie, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The front desk receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly. I didn't have to wait longer than 10 minutes and was taken into a very clean office. The interview had a very laid back but professional feel and I never felt uncomfortable. I was interviewed by the Promotions Director and she was extremely nice and I never felt too much pressure, it was more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iHeartMedia (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw a flier and sent them a cover letter and resume. I received an e-mail back the next morning asking me to come in for an interview. I confirmed the interview date. The day before the interview I received an e-mail for one last confirmation. Then the day of the interview I came in. i was asked questions such as; who are you? What do I like to do for fun? Why should they hire me?

Interview Questions

• Who are you?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • It's Friday night, what would you and your friends do/where would you go?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The advice I would give when applying for this position is make sure you're outgoing and have a fun personality. They care about that a lot. Inform them about recent celebrities news and gossip you keep up with and let them know the blogs you read.