iSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.3

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iSystems (Colchester, VT) in September 2015.

Interview

Long and Tedious. However, it is an important role so that is understandable. The first two interviews were fine. The group interview was fantastic since it involved team members. The major issue here was the hostility of one of the interviewers. It was a sign of things to come. The other major issue is they over sold themselves. Over sold their state of business, their amount of preparation, the skills of their off shore developers, their management style. Everything. It was a total smoke and mirrors show from management.

Interview Questions

• (Hostile) Why did you get here so early? It was very distracting.   1 Answer

Delphi Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iSystems (Colchester, VT) in August 2015.

Interview

Finding a Delphi developer position that read like a perfect match for my resume (I was missing only one "optional" requirement), I applied online and spoke with a relatively new but enthusiastic corporate recruiter two days later. He indicated that they were very interested and that they wanted to bring me in for an in-person panel interview that week in Colchester, VT. After we discussed my availability and travel requirements, it was decided that I would interview on Thursday or Friday and travel to the area the day before - details were to be provided on Tuesday so I could make the necessary travel arrangements. Did my research for housing and cost of living in Burlington/Colchester. It sounded very promising and I was excited about the prospects.

Sadly, from this moment on, the process became a total disaster.

Tuesday came and went with no word from the recruiter during working hours. Early evening, I called and left a message (never couldn’t reach the recruiter directly, always went straight to a nondescript voicemail). The recruiter finally called to tell me that he needed to consult with the director regarding the salary range for the position.

I was perplexed as when I searched and found the job on indeed.com, the position was listed under positions offering $100K+. Late Wednesday and an email from me asking the situation, he calls to tell me that he still hadn’t heard from the director. I asked what the salary range was listed for the position (excluding talking with the director) - he didn’t know (I know…odd...corporate recruiter not knowing salary for their positions???), but indicated that my salary requirement (which, was VERY negotiable following additional research on my end) appeared to be at issue.

With a Thursday interview now out of the running, I sent an email Thursday AM and follow up voicemail asking about Friday or rescheduling for the following week as well as indicating that there was some more room in my salary requirements following my COL and relocation research. I indicated that I needed to know by 2 PM in order to make a Friday interview time. No word.

On Sunday, I read here on Glassdoor.com the other reviews and discovered that another individual experienced similar behavior in June. Salaries for developers, as listed here for iSystems (if accurate), are in the $70-75K range and not even close to $100K as was advertised. I then attempted to contact HR hoping that maybe, being the end of the summer, he had taken a few days off - again, no response. They had gone completely dark and I have received no follow up communications from either the recruiter or HR.

Update: Today, a week after I tried to reach the recruiter, he left an email that they had decided to pass. He didn't have a reason.

The position still has not been filled after being listed for over 30 days.

Interview Questions

• When was I available that week?   1 Answer
    • What were my salary requirements?   1 Answer
    • How much Delphi experience did I have?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmeadow, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iSystems (Longmeadow, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who seemed very enthusiastic about my resume and thought my skills were a good fit. We had a great conversation over the phone and he seemed jazzed about presenting my resume to the IT Manager. We discussed salary, and my previous position, and I indicated that money is not my driving factor, but a good relationship with management is. After all, it doesn't matter what you make if you're not free to do your job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would mind that the position does not manager other people.   1 Answer

Director of Finance and Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iSystems (Colchester, VT) in May 2014.

Interview

Screening interview to flush out initial criteria and salary requirements. Asked about background and career progression. Then explained the position, which was nothing like the title indicated. As soon as current salary was disclosed, the interview ended. Never heard a word back from them.

President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iSystems (Colchester, VT) in May 2013.

Interview

Executive recruiting firm reached out to me. They had 5 candidates go through the full interview process. They narrowed it down to 2 final candidates and had us both in for a full day of work observation and group interviews. I was invited back for a meeting with the board and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to relocate to Vermont   1 Answer

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iSystems (Burlington, VT) in February 2012.

Interview

After taking a skills test, I had several phone interviews with the company (2 peers, 1 manager, and 1 with company president) and got a really positive vibe. At the end, when asked what I was currently making, it turned out that their budget would not be able to meet that range and no offer was presented.

Interview Questions

• Differences between black box, white box testing. Different testing methodologies.   Answer Question