ikaSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ikaSystems Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR and then phone interview with the Director of Engineering. The technical interview spent most of the time talking about terms within programming versus my actually experience programming. If you are looking to work here I'd recommend reviewing programming terms that you would learn as a second year college student. I figured they would want to talk more about my actual experience and things that I have done but they didn't talk about that at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ikaSystems in November 2015.

Interview

One telephonic interview most HR related questions and basic SQL questions. Not too difficult.
    after telephonic they called me for Face to face interview. interview is divided in two parts one on one with few technical guys and coding test . overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• asked me describe the architecture of previous project i have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was top-notch and informed me every step of the way; the hiring team was forth-coming and answered all of my questions and didn't 'grill' me. I was notified within 5 working days of my hiring status and received a phone call with the offer; Process was very smooth after that although, the background check took a little long.

Interview Questions

• Specifically about my .net development experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA).

Interview

The interview process lasted 3 weeks. Totally there were 7 rounds of interview. The initial round was the phone interview with the hiring manager. It was technical interview mostly about what I had on my resume. After a week I was called on-site for a paper-based written test which consisted mainly of C/C++ coding questions. A week later I had a on-site interview of 5 rounds - 4 technical and 1 HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions on string manipulations, pointers, linked list and basics of C/C++ like inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, structure and class with definitions and examples.
      Also questions were based out of my resume bout the work and projects I did.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

All the questions are about your resume. What kind of technics are you using? How to solve some problems? How do you handle the big data? Things like that. All around your resume. So you would better prepare for your resume. And some behavior questions. That's all.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Worcester, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two ikaSystems employers. They were really friendly. I was asked about my daily work at previous full time work. It was a really interactive interview. Both the interviewers were really friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was your daily routine at your previous work?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview at the career development center of WPI in March. The interview process included introducing one project on my resume. And I was asked which language I was most proficient with. From my friend who interviewed for an summer internship, her total interview process was one round, and she got an internship offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What is structure in C?
      What is the difference of structure in C and class in Java?
      Describe on moment that you feel challenging and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

ikaSystems Response

Jun 4, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our campus recruiting programs. We value our relationship with WPI and are excited for our incoming class of new co-ops and recent graduates. While you didn't receive... More

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was nice and pleasant to deal with, but the person making the technical phone interview was beyond comprehension. First off, his accent was so heavy and he was on speaker, and I could barely understand him. I had to ask him to repeat his questions multiple times. The technical questions were so basic and childish (what's garbage collection in C#?). He started to yawn after 5 minutes. I concluded that was a total waste of my time!

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems.

Interview

Interview process was not very hectic. Phone screen was good and elaborate. Face to face interview was technical and not very long. People from different teams were in the panel. Each session was 1 hr. There was a good dialogue between myself and the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was good and not very long

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I participated in a 30-minute telephone interview where the hiring manager described a difficult personnel issue where the incumbent PM was insufficient in fulfilling their duties and needed to be replace with someone with more customer-facing and diplomatic experience because their internal processes had broken down to the point where they were unable to produce software releases without major delays and quality issues. Within a week I was told by the third party recruiting firm (Starpoint; do not trust them!) that the hiring manager had decided to hire me for a contract-to-perm position and the paperwork was being processed.

Three weeks later and after two confirmations by Starpoint, I still had not received written confirmation from the hiring manager. It turns out that they had hired a person for the position but they had left after a week because the commute was too much and they wanted now to fast-track me into the position; they scheduled me for a one-hour F2F meeting they called an "interview", despite my being assured that I already had the job. It had been four weeks since the first "you are hired!" message. The hiring manager and another senior manager (who had only been there two weeks) met with me; the organization was described to me as a completely ad hoc environment (CMMI Level Zero), most of the desks were empty and a high turnover rate kept them from building any type of quality assurance protocols. It was at that time I decided that ikaSystems was not the kind of place I wanted to work. Starpoint as the recruiter failed to get confirmation/commitment from them and kept me hanging for a whole month and the lead recruiter would often keep me hanging for days (because of personal business) when an immediate turnaround of communications & decisions was called for. It definitely seemed like a part-time job for the recruiter and communications definitely suffered for it.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging questions, but I was asked how I have worked to bring disparate working groups with conflicting interests to work cohesively together.   1 Answer

The organization is struggling with high turnover, poor quality and no commitment to a formal quality improvement program and appears to be chasing their tails on a closed course, with no problems, plans or escape from this vicious circle being identified or defined, so no hope of resolution was in sight. Plus, their was no insight!