inCode Telecom Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call at 9Pm the day before the first interview as I was not originally selected for it, but another candidate rejected the offer to interview.

The first interview consisted of a 1:1 market sizing question for about 20-30 minutes (the interviewer challenged my assumptions a lot but was really helpful). Second phase of the first interview was a behavioral interview for about 30 minutes with another interviewer. Half of it was dedicated to my questions about the company so I recommend you to study that well.

I received an offer for the second interview within the next few days.

The second interview was one week after the first one and consisted of a PPT presentation. I was given a file and had 1h15 to analyze everything, make a recommendation and prepare a PPT. Time goes really fast, so really manage your time well. They actually offer a template for your PPT which permits you to save a lot of time. Then I had to give a presentation for about 30 minutes to 3 interviewers (2 on the phone). One came in the middle of the presentation which was a bit challenging. Then there is a QA time about your presentation. The questions were not surprising and had to do with your recommendation and why you made the choices you made. You're also given feedback at the end which is nice.

However, what ruined the experience for me was that I was told I would be contacted a few days after the interview to know if I got the job or not but never received anything. Tried to email back the interviewers but received no response which I found really unprofessional especially considering that we were only 5 to interview at the 2nd round.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process took a while. I had a total of four to five interviews (don't remember completely). Most of them were over the phone, one interview was in person, and another was via webcast. There was one case interview and the rest were fairly behavioral with a large focus on my work experience and how I would benefit the company if I were to join. Overall the interview process was challenging and wonderful... I got a lot of useful constructive feedback and I learned a lot about the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about my resume with a large focus on my work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1) HR interview, basic behavioural questions and job fit questions

2) Behavioural interview and market sizing case

3) Behavioural interview with a Principal

4) HR Interview, fit and behavioural questions again

5) Consulting Case, requiring presentation to a Panel of interviewers

Interview Questions

• Most difficult aspect was the panel interview. Had to handle a bombardment of questions and critics. Felt very much like a client review during a consulting engagement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I do not regret my decision to join inCode at all

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group.

Interview

It was a 3 round interview. Two phone interviews and one in person interview. The first two were hour long phone calls. The first interview they asked on the spot logic questions. The final interview was a case study. Not much time allowed to prepare and then present the study in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to explain to them how I would determine how many gas stations would be required in a city. They actually wanted me to give a number not just "how" I would get there.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted HR and sent resume. HR sent a form to answer questions related to Telecom and Strategy experience. Hiring Manager asked HR to schedule phone interviews. HR scheduled a 45 min case interview on phone with a Principal and another 45 min Behavioral interview with another Principal next week.

On the day of the case interview, the interviewer called 15 min late and 10 min into the interview when I finished answering one of his question, there was a dead silence. Apparently the interviewer was busy with something else and not listening. He apologized saying something came up and would call 30 min later. I waited for 2 and half hours, cancelling my other meeting, in anticipation of a call back. Then I sent a message to reschedule it the next day. The interviewer called the next day on time. He asked 4 questions- (1) Have you managed a team? (2) Length of project you have worked (3) What problems do you see in the Telecom industry? (4) Do you have sales experience?. In 10 min, the interview was over. No case interview.

The interviewer said that the company is not hiring now and will get in touch if there is an opening.

I think it was a joke, what do you think?

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. The interviewer wanted to waste my time.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen by HR to assess background, skills, experience, and salary requirements.

First round was a phone interview with a Manager- resume walk, a few behavioural questions, and a short case.

Second round was with a Principal - resume walk, behavioural questions, questions about why consulting and why inCode.

Third round was with a Managing Director - behavioural and experience questions followed by a panel case interview. I was given a flash drive with a prompt and data pre-loaded on it and given an hour to analyse and prepare a .ppt presentation. After one hour I presented to the MD, a Principal, and two Managers. They cross-examined me and questioned every aspect of my assumptions and recommendations. They also gave me very straight forward feedback immediately afterwards with regards to the pros and cons of my presentation and analysis. Received a call a week or two later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Question: You represent the St. Louis Zoo and are offered a babyPanda. What do you do and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and I felt fairly compensated given my experience at the time.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group (Berkeley, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

First Round: One 30 minutes behavioral interview and mini case ( market sizing)
    Second Round: 30 minute behavioral interview with 1 interviewer, 1hr to analyze a PowerPoint deck they give you through a USB drive, you will be asked to create a 5 slide deck. You must then have a third part which lasts 30 minutes where you present as if presenting recommendations to a board and they have Q&A throughout the presentation

Interview Questions

• no unexpected questions, but 60 mins to analyze and create a deck is hard. Mostly because you are stressed. The case itself is not too hard. Its a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis. They like numbers and graphs!   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at inCode Telecom Group (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Asked general questions. It was screening process and told me that someone will contact you soon in the next week for 1 on 1 interview. it has been a month and i am still waiting till date for their call. I tried to contact them but no answer.