inMusic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inMusic (Cumberland, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was very thorough. The Human Resource person that coordinated the initial screening, as well as follow up meetings, was very responsive and worked within my schedule. The people that I met with genuinely took the time to learn about my background, while asking informative questions that created a good give and take exchange. They also provided me with a lot of feedback throughout the process, while giving me a realistic timeline on when I could expect to hear back from them. Within a few days of the final interview, HR circled back to provide a very clear and detailed offer for employment. Overall I would say that whole process from start to finish was very positive.

Interview Questions

• A thorough review of previous employment history. They also asked typical interview questions, such as: Why are you leaving current company? Why do you want to work for us? What is your management style like?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at inMusic.

Interview

Several phone interviews, one in person interview. They flew me to South FL to interview. They dangled a carrot to say they would pay for my relocation and after booking a moving company they sent me a rejection letter backing out.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at inMusic (Cumberland, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

Relaxed interview consisting of a meeting with the QA manager, one of the developers, the manager of the branch, VP of engineering, and head of HR. All nice people. They inquired about my education and experience with music software and hardware instruments as well as proficiency with operating systems and bug tracking environments.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have testing software/hardware?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inMusic.

Interview

The process, in my experience, was an overall positive interview.

Management seems to pride it's self on a long interview process. The candidate will often be interviewed individually by half a dozen people. After giving your presentation that many times, it is easy to forget if you are repeating or leaving key information out though. Like most things at Numark, there are good intentions but a lack of structure. The process could be streamlined and less redundant.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were relevant to the job. No off the wall questions. If you know your trade, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inMusic.

Interview

Interviewed with owner (President and CEO) and VP Sales. Fairly brief conversation, maybe 30 minutes. Talked about technology, market, brand, competitors. Do not talk strategy, new markets, vision/mission. Just product ideas. Lots of them, all the time. Research/data is okay, but simplify it down to its absolute essence. One-sentence takeaways are crucial.

Interview Questions

• How will you do the job? Be prepared to share a portfolio of product ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lengthy silence. Unsure whether this is a negotiating tactic or symptomatic of the owner's business. Probably both.

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ash Vale, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at inMusic (Ash Vale, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Email CV / Cover Letter, the arranged a face to face interview with the CEO and Hiring Manager. The interview lasted around 30 - 45 minutes, answering some basic and competency based questions. It was a fairly simple process, and the experience overall was very relaxed. Both the CEO and Hiring Manager were friendly and had a good sense of humour, so didn't feel stressed or under pressure too much.

Interview Questions

• You have 500 units to sell next month, they are all going to break and not work anymore due to an engineering problem, what do you do?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at inMusic in January 2008.

Interview

You go through a grueling, all-day process with most of the managers. Expect some very strange behavior. You will find out it's the norm if you get hired.