nCino Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

Employee Referral21%
Recruiter14%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at nCino (London, England, England)

Interview

DOESNT PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH - No Diversity in some teams. Cleared HR round and then was pushed into a technical round without a heads up and was asked irrelevant questions (skills that were NOT advertised in the job description, basically made me look like a fool as HR told me to just prepare Cultural questions) but I still cleared it and came to panel interview (which was basically all men - no women in the entire team, talk about diversity!). Junior manager seemed uninterested in what I had to say (you could see the boredom on his face in the video interview) but the Senior Managers were friendly and polite. Received the "unfortunately you are not chosen" note a week after. Just be prepared to deal with a not so friendly people and long list of skill requirements for peanut pay.

Interview Questions
  • Why nCino?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

nCino

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at nCino

Interview

I was interviewed by a diverse group who were down to earth and made me feel like we were having a conversation rather than a stuffy typical interview. The length of the interview was perfect - not too short, not too long. I was nervous but the panel put me at ease very quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you faced a difficult situation at a previous employer. How did you feel, how did you react, and did you learn any lessons?

nCino

Application

I interviewed at nCino

Interview

The process started with me submitting my application online. Several days later I was contacted by an Ncino recruiter and did a screening with typical questions about my background, salary expectations, and skills. While the recruiter was nice they gave vague answers when I asked about the budget for the role or expectations for remote work. A week later I was asked to do an interview with the hiring manager. Other than being a bit obsessive about Salesforce certifications even though Salesforce experience was a nice to have for the job and not a requirement they seemed nice and expressed interest in having me continue the process. Once again though when I asked questions about the working arrangements I got vague answers. Several days later I was asked to do a virtual panel with some engineers in the company. Everyone was nice and the job itself did sound interesting so when I was asked to attend another interview afterwards I was still interested. Before agreeing to attend though I pressed the recruiter for some legitimate answers to my lingering questions. Unfortunately their responses were a deal breaker. The budget for the role was way too low for the market. We're talking less than what I made out of college working for another financial firm and that was many years ago. The other problem was that while they do allow some remote work post-Covid this particular group seemed to prefer people in the office. I thanked the recruiter for their time and withdrew from consideration.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

nCino

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at nCino in Jun 2021

Interview

Interview Process: 1. Recruiting phone screen (30 mins) 2. Online coding assessment (90 mins, 4 questions) 3. Meeting with a manager (45 mins) 4. Meeting with a different manager (30 minutes) and then a panel interview with engineering team (2 hours) Pretty long process. Lots of behavioral questions, some of them repeated multiple times.

Interview Questions
  • Design a system you are familiar with. Design another system based on requirements provided during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in Jun 2021

Interview

acceptance email => codility assessment Hiring Manager zoom interview (OOP, Tech/Behavioral Qs) Final zoom interview (30 min behavioral questions, 2 hour technical/design interview) The interview process took about 6-7 weeks from initial contact to interview results

Interview Questions
  • Design a system for food truck operators to schedule when and where they will be and what they will be serving. Operators should be able to schedule events with a date, start time, end time, and location Operators can add menus to an event Menus may have multiple entries with different names, prices, and types (entree, beverage, side, etc) Operators should be able to generate reports of scheduled events for a selected time period

nCino

Application

I interviewed at nCino

Interview

Remote panel interview. Easy to understand. Multiple technology tests and submissions. Very complicated for a low paying job. This was on top of 3x phone screenings. Total time took about 40 hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

nCino

Application

I interviewed at nCino

Interview

The interviews consisted of: 1- Recruiter Interview 30 min 2- Hiring Manager 30 min 3- 3-5 Day Take Home Design Challenge 4- 1HR Design Manager Interview 5- 3 HR Design Panel interview that consisted of: An interview by 4 designers and me presenting the design challenge. The next portion of the interview was with the design manager, 1 developer and 1 PM in which I did another panel style interview and a practical design challenge. So in total I did 5 hours worth of interviews. On the last interview they said that they would get back to me the next day... However, it took them 7 days to follow up with me. Overall, it was not a good experience. Between the interviews and the design challenge I invested 13 hours into nCino, only to get a denial email 7 business days later with no real feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

nCino

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at nCino

Interview

The initial interview was fine, and they told me that they had to interview and hire a manager first and wouldn't get back to me for a couple of weeks. I thought that was fine, and I would wait for their response. One month later, I accepted another position at a different company, because I never heard back from nCino, thinking I didn't get the position. FIVE MONTHS later, I heard from nCino asking me to interview again for the position if I was interested. My sibling works for nCino, and even they are displeased with the interviewing process at nCino, because they don't have any sense of urgency in their hiring process and leave their applicants hanging.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your past experiences that make you a good fit for this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in May 2021

Interview

Initial hiring manager phone call, skills assessment, then panel interview. After having good interviews I heard nothing back for an entire month after the initial application process already took a month. Then was sent a rejection email because they hired people with more experience for an entry level job. How is one supposed to gain relevant experience for the lowest level job in the company if you won’t hire them? I already had a stem degree which wasn’t even a requirement for the role but was listed as desired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

nCino

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nCino in Apr 2021

Interview

My interview experience was in line with what has been said by many others on this platform. I was initially given a phone screen, after which I was assigned a coding assessment via Codility. The assessment consisted of 4 programming challenges that were to be solved within a set time limit (for me it was an hour and 30 minutes, others have reported different times). The questions aren't terrible, but they will make you think about the problems. One of them was particular to Angular, so brush up on that if you can. After the coding test, I was asked to do an interview with one of the engineering managers via zoom. This involved about an hour's worth of behavioral questions and some more discussion about company culture. Finally, I was asked to do a group interview via zoom, where I was given a mix of behavioral, technical, and design questions. The interview was about 3 hours long and I found the final section to be pretty tough, but the team makes you feel at ease and are very easy to talk to. Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful, and I got the impression they would all be great people to work with.

Interview Questions
  • How would you help another developer who was struggling? What is the difference between a list, set, and a map? What does the super keyword mean and why would you use it? Design a system you are familiar with. Name a time you went above and beyond for your colleagues. Various other technical/behavioral questions. Be sure to review OOP principles and system design before the panel interview.
3 people found this interview helpful