nCino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

nCino Interview Questions

Interviews at nCino

2.9

Manager, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at nCino in June 2020.

Interview

Very professional throughout the process. It was a pleasure talking to everyone, from the recruiting team, the hiring manager, to all the interviewers. I would surely follow the company and apply again in the future when opportunities arise.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experience and skills, past products I worked on and behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • During the final round there was also a case work where a problem was shared and I was asked how I'd develop a solution. This didn't go too well for me but with good feedback from all the previous round they gave me a written round as well where I was asked to solution another problem and break it down into Epics, features and stories.   Answer Question

Data Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at nCino (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Phone interview where I spoke generally with a recruiter, then board interview with a few team members and a director, finally concluded with a technical interview that was simple and we talked about my thought process as I went through the technical part.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a technical recruiter. After the phone screening I was asked to complete a programing assessment on Codility, it was 4 tasks that needed to be completed in 105 minutes. Two of the four tasks are scored based on efficiency. The third step in the process was to do a video interview. The last step in the process was an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of a 30 minute 1-on-1 with a manager. After the 1-on-1 interview for personality background, then there was a 2 hour technical panel interview that included several technical question and two whiteboard exercises. The first whiteboard exercise was to layout a system you are familiar with. The second whiteboard exercise was to work with the panel as if they were your team and design a system from a list they had predefined.

Interview Questions

• Video Interview: Name one thing that I wouldn't find on your resume?   Answer Question
    • Video Interview: Have you had any conflicts with co-workers? If so, how did you work though the conflict?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Name one piece of new technology that you have used recently?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Name three things that you look for in a workplace?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: How do you bring fun into the workplace?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Name a time that you had to make a decision that was hard even though it was the right thing to do?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: What is the difference between a Class and an Object?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Do you know what Access Modifiers are? Can you name the three Access Modifiers?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Do you know what Abstract and Interface classes are? Please explain these types of classes and when you would use them.   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Do you know what normalization is? Please explain normalization and why you would want to normalize.   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Do you know what a static method is? What situation would you use a static method?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Have you used any frameworks in the past? What frameworks are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • On-Site Interview: Can you name something that you are particularly proud of that you have worked on?   Answer Question
    • Additional questions were asked in both the video interview and the on-site interview. The on-site whiteboard exercises would also generate unique questions for you individually.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Straightforward and friendly interview process. Received an initial phone screen, technical assessment, then was called in for an on site interview. The on site session consisted of 3 rounds of people ranging from 2-3 interviewers each round. Was given a technical aptitude round, followed by culture and a 1-1 with the manager. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at nCino.

Interview

Applied online, went through a phone screening, and then I was invited to interview on-site with them. The on-site interview consisted of a one-on-one interview, a panel interview, and then a final one-on-one. The entire time the staff and hiring managers were very accomodating and made the process stress-free.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about Salesforce, personal management challenges, and how I deal with problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in December 2019.

Interview

nCino's interview process is extensive and they focus on "culture add" over "culture fit" and experience. They strive to hire employees who are good at what they do, are vocal with suggestions on how to make things better, and who respect that everyone has an opinion and it may be different than yours.

My first touch was a screening call with a recruiter, then a video call with the manager two levels above me, then a video call with my manager. After passing those, I had an in-person interview with both managers, and then two separate panel interviews, each one-hour in length, with software engineers, scrum masters, QA, and product managers.

It is extensive but it works! I will say, working with an nCino recruiter or referral by a current employee, is your best bet at getting selected for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important trait for a manager to possess?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in November 2019.

Interview

I submitted my cover letter and answered some questions after going through Glassdoor. I got an email from a recruiter and had a phone interview scheduled, just basic questions, why I liked the position, why I was a good fit, etc. At the end, the interviewer told me he was going to go ahead and advance me to the next round in person the next week. However, they had to reschedule due to maintenance and the team leader being sick. We rescheduled and I came in. They were normal questions for the position, like what are some challenges of your current position, and some that were interesting, like what makes your favorite coworker your favorite. I thought it had gone well until I got the polite rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What makes your favorite coworker your favorite?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at nCino (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2019.

Interview

2 interviews with my potential team which was a bit intimidating but everyone was very nice and it ended up being a very positive experience. They got back to me very quickly which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• The normal interview questions you would expect. Nothing out of the norm.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at nCino.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy but it was a very good experience. Everyone was really nice during the process and it feels more like a conversation. The recruiting team was extremely helpful and very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond at your job   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a series of calls and video calls followed by an onsite interview day a few weeks later. The onsite consisted of panels and a couple 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Overall, the interview questions were pretty routine. Mostly about how to support various departments across the company.   1 Answer