nCino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

nCino Interview Questions

Interviews at nCino

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nCino.

Interview

i applied online and was then reached out to by a recruiter. General phone screen and then received a online test assessment. Taken in for around 3 hour long interview.

Interview Questions

• General culture and feeler questions.
      General OOP questions and design session   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by 5 people at the same time. I was a little intimidated at first but I realized that everyone there was rooting for you. Started off with "about you" questions and then went into some technical questions. It was clear they weren't going for any "got ya" questions about impractical sorts or what-have-you, just some software engineer basics and they wanted to make sure that you know OOP.

Interview Questions

• Using OOP techniques, design a parking garage.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

You arrange a date with the employer to determine when is the best time and date to be interviewed. Showed up with professional / casual appearance with a tie, and delivered my answers with confidence.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Very thorough and time consuming. Multiple visits and "mini" interviews with a variety of department representatives. Great thing is that it is relatively informal with a primary focus being whether or not you are a cultural fit since the team is very close and collaborative. Honest, upfront and direct from the interviewers. Clear picture and vision was painted that helps confirm whether or not it is the right fit for both sides.

Interview Questions

• What keeps you up at night?
      Example of handling rejection and how you overcame?
      Tell me about YOU, not work you, but outside of work you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at nCino.

Interview

Multiple rounds, phone, writing assessment and several rounds in-person. One of the biggest things I noticed about the company is that they're alarmingly all-white for a sizable fintech firm. Obviously everyone doesn't care about diversity but it's pretty interesting to me that somehow the candidates that are a good fit, have adequate experience and so on and so forth all come from fairly inferior educational backgrounds and are slightly different shades of white. As for the role, the interview process made the role seem like it wasn't as developed and the manager was new to the role, so- best of luck though. If there is a requirement for a certain amount of experience, it's a pretty huge waste of time and energy to have other candidates go through so much and do work for the company just to be told that.

Interview Questions

• None stood out as worth repeating- feedback on site, why nCino, plans to penetrate another market, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a series of calls and video calls followed by an onsite interview day a few weeks later. The onsite consisted of panels and a couple 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Overall, the interview questions were pretty routine. Mostly about how to support various departments across the company.   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

it was a reasonable interview first phone, then a skills assessment, after that a meeting with the team all in all it was rather straight forward. No gotcha questions

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at nCino.

Interview

2 phone interviews (1 with recruiter and 1 with nCino)
    1 in-person interview with 4 different people at nCino

The phone interviews were very basic. General information about the company and position with some light questions about your background and experience. Not difficult.

The in-person interviews were 30 minutes each with 4 different people from the team you would be working alongside. They do want to make sure you are able to do the job well, but more importantly they want to know that you are a good culture fit with the company and team.

nCino is looking for type-A employees in this Implementation Specialist position. This the usual mistake every young company makes ... they want certain teams to consist of certain types of people. Eventually, as the company continues to grow they will most likely see the advantage of diversifying all teams. Some of the best sales persons just listen to what the client needs. Some of the best programmers talk your head off. nCino just hasn't learned this lesson yet

My first two in-person interviews went well. The third interviewer was too busy and could not meet with me. The fourth interviewer had no interest in being there, learning more about me, or sharing her knowledge of the company with me.

My recommendation is to be very outgoing and double your list of questions that you'd normally ask in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at nCino?
      What relevant experience do you have?
      Some pointless question about a canoe ... just go with the answer that seems completely wrong at first glance if you don't want to think about it.   Answer Question

Interview

The process is long. Two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview with 4 different panels that takes about 5 hours in total. Everyone is very friendly and makes you comfortable, but the process is lengthy for a reason.

Interview Questions

• They will make you solve a problem to see how you think and adapt to change.   Answer Question

nCino Response

Oct 31, 2017 – Developer

Glad to have you on the team! Thanks for the review.

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nCino (Wilmington, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

I met with two individuals in the recruiting department at the same time, which was a tad intimidating. Then I followed up with the department manager. Overall it lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new career with nCino?   1 Answer