rag & bone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

rag & bone Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Really laid back and Easy going, the girl who I interviewed was very nice and explained the job title very well. She asked me how much I sold at my last job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and to the point. It went very well both times. I first interviewed with the store manager and assistant manager, and then second the area manager. I was offered a job shortly after and they were very excited to bring me on board, however the pay was extremely low for NYC. I expressed concern about this and the manager came back a few days after and offered me more money. She said my references were so great and my experience is exactly what they needed so they were willing to pay me a little more. I told her I needed to think about it, and get back with her asap she said okay great no problem.
    I called back the next day and accepted the position and she was very excited to have me on board. The manager then said we would talk the following week about details of a start date, etc. In the beginning of the following week she called me, and I thought we were about to discuss a start date and I would give my 2 weeks at my current job, she then informed me that she hired someone else.... after I accepted the position a week prior and was welcomed to the team. She even then went out of her way and said that there were definitely other opportunities in the city that the area manager knew I would be perfect for, and that she would contact me about but NEVER did. Extremely unprofessional and shady way of doing business. They ended up wasting about 2 months of my time overall between scheduling interviews, and making an offer, etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rag & bone (Manteca, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied late at night and got a call the next morning to set up an interview for later that week.

The first interview was a phone interview, just a few questions about my self and where I work currently. The store manager was over 30 minutes late calling me, so I sent an email over to her letting her know we can reschedule. She immediately called me and apologized. After the interview she says she would like to meet me in person for coffee.
    The next interview came along, at a starbucks. She late again to meet me, at least 20 minutes. As I wanted to move forward regardless of not being respectful of my time, I stayed and waited for her. We talked for two hours and she then let me know she would like to set up an interview with the company human resource manager.
    The human resource manager emailed me and set up a time for the interview. She is in New York and did not specify that she wanted to do 2pm eastern time. I missed her call due to not knowing she was basing it off eastern time. She left a voicemail apologizing and emailed me to reschedule the interview. When we finally talked, she asked very vague questions.

Then the district manager reached out to me for a phone interview. He completely missed our phone interview, and I had to reach out to HR to find out if I needed to reschedule. I didn't hear from him for 3 days, when he finally rescheduled via email.

Our phone interview went well and he wanted to meet in person at the store in a couple weeks. When I got to the store for our interview he had overbooked meetings and was 20 mins late getting my interview done. He seemed very uninterested, checking his phone every couple seconds, emails, etc. Gave me a very poor impression of the company.

The store manager and district manager seemed very interested and excited but since he didn't manage his time well, he cut the interview short and said they would get back to me.

After all the interviews and screw ups from them, all I received was an email stating they were going to continue their search.

So extremely disappointed in the entire process. My time definitely was abused and unappreciated.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rag & bone (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple, asked a few questions and i received a call back in a couple days, i heard from other employees it may be because they're desperate for staff since they have a very high turnover rate

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at rag & bone (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Met with regional manager. There was no store manager or assistant Store Manager. Between applying for the job and getting offer, the store manager and regional manager both left the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rag&Bone?   1 Answer

Communications Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at rag & bone.

Interview

The interviewer showed up very late to the interview and didn't read my resume prior, so she ended up asking me superficial questions a majority of the time that were answered on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with celebrity clients?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for the assistant store manager position. I got a call back rather quickly and was excited about going to meet up about this prospective opportunity. Before I got a chance to meet for my interview, I found out via my co-worker that the store manager who I was interviewing with told my boss that I had an interview and I was looking for a job. She did not know my boss so I don't know why she would do that. I would avoid R & B and her at all cost because of their high level of unprofessionalism. Where do you find these people? I could have lost my job because of her behavior. I have been in contact with recruiters and they have all said the same thing--AVOID working at Rag & BONE! Or don't work there unless you really want the discount. Doesn't say much about your brand and company. I thought job searches were supposed to be confidential? Isn't that illegal what she did?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were Very low key. They first Emailed me about a general job inquiry. I Met with a store manager, week later had 2nd interview with General manager . Offered position a few days later. They made sure I felt comfortable. Asked me about previous job experience. Met at different store locations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple in person interview with store managers and then regional directors. Was selected for service to the concept store after the second interview (originally applied to another location) which made the process more intense and longer. They really look for quality sales persons which is always a good sign to see in a company.

Interview Questions

• What was your most vivid and challenging client/customer to work with and why? How did you handle that person?   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

So disjointed. Heard from someone via email in December. I responded immediately and did not get a follow up until end of February to schedule an interview. The phone call was brief and was told that it was actually a different job than the one I had applied for that had become available.