simply mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

simply mac Interview Questions

Interviews at simply mac

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at simply mac (Grand Junction, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

A lot of phone tag with Jon C. Finally was interviewed by the store manager and he was great. I was offered the position as Assistant Manager. It was a fun job up until the company was sold to Game Stop and then it became basically a video game company with cut throat approaches to employees. You don't produce, you will be fired. Many childish games by the GM's they have promoted due to butt kissing.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mac products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at simply mac (Grand Junction, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

They look at what experience you have in the sales field as well as your leadership skills, then they make an assessment on your skills and ask you scenario based questions. Upon giving your answers, they say you will hear back from them )if they are interested in you) in about one week to make a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle an impatient and angry customer who was waiting to be helped?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at simply mac (Provo, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

Normal interview process. C.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at simply mac in September 2017.

Interview

Called me for a phone interview and DM set up a specific time and date to call me. Phone never rang so I called back and it went right to her voice mail. Never heard another word from her so it matches reviews of current and past employees talking about what a mess their middle and upper management is as I have never had this happen to me in 40 years. Not even enough human respect to call me back and say why she never called me the day of our phone interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at simply mac in November 2013.

Interview

I got a call. I talked for an hour and a half. I had a job offer 12 hours later. The questions were easy but I was over qualified. I waited for after a product launch for the interview, but the turnaround was quick.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at simply mac.

Interview

I really don't know how they conduct an interview because the interview was scheduled for 10am and they hotel where the interview was scheduled expected them at 9am and they never showed up because they thought it was at Noon. After emailing the human resources person and explained that because of them not showing up when they were scheduled to, they cost me a half of day of my time and an opportunity for a better paying job. I asked for a phone interview because I had to go to work and never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't know because they never showed up at the time they were supposed to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at simply mac (Bowie, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed. About a week later I received a call from the manager to setup a face to face interview. The interview was not too long, around 30 minutes to an 1 hour. Basic interview questions (getting to know you, strengths, weaknesses, etc.) as well as some wanting to know my familiarity with Apple products. There were a couple logic questions at the end, the manager was interested in seeing what the mindset of how I would sell something or address an issue was. There was also one or two math questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and wants to buy a Macbook, what would you say or how would you respond?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at simply mac in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online before the store was opened. I got a call about a 2-3 weeks before the store would open and met two employees for an interview that lasted about 20 minutes. After that I had an interview with the would-be manager a couple of days later for just around 10-15 minutes just to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at simply mac (Park City, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty laid back experience. The manager at the time was cool and always willing to help. Management changed shortly after I was hired. Was asked how many years of experience I had with apple computers. If I had experience selling things and if I could adapt to a sales goal based system.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at simply mac in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, followed up with the store manager over the phone and setup an interview. Interview was very basic- nothing crazy, just trying to get to know you and see if you would work with the current team. I would suggest coming prepared to talk about what you feel makes someone successful, and showing your personality the whole time.