thyssenkrupp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

thyssenkrupp Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.7

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp.

Interview

Hiring is done through a temp agency. The interview was relatively short with basic questions; nothing surprising and unusual. The managers were super friendly and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you overcame an obstacle at your previous employers?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Column EPS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp.

Interview

I was contacted by the most rude and conflicted recruiter from Thyssenkrupp Presta Indiana. I don't remember her even starting with "tell me about yourself" question. The first few questions sounded very rushed, as she made them into very brief yes/no question. She didn't let me elaborate on my answers, cut me, and responded in an angry tone. After successfully making me nervous, she told me that it's normal for a fresh grad to be nervous based on her 25 years experience of recruiting for Fortune 500 companies in Silicon Valley yada yada yada .. and that Thyssenkrupp is really trying to make interviews as comfortable as possible to attract qualified candidates. I felt bad the entire interview and only realized that she was the problem after talking to my friend about the interview. Geez.

Interview Questions

• She asked one hypothetical question:

As a project engineer you are assigned a task to test a software that just recently got updated. After some testing you find that the software does not even run the main functionalities like the previous version. What are some approaches you take in solving that issue?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Terre Haute, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and schedule a phone interview. After that they fly me to have an in-personal interview. The hiring manager was not interested, was on laptop for all time and it looks like he is doing the formality of taking interview. Didn't even asked me for the production line visit. I flew for more than 4 hour and did not even got a industrial visit.

Inspection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Lafayette, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

I was hired through a temp service so the process was fairly simple. The standard temp service hiring process, go into the office, fill out an application, do an interview, take a drug test, attend orientation and you're hired!

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calvert, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Calvert, AL).

Interview

Normal interview questions, along with technical network questions about Cisco switches, and fiber connections. Friendly people included in the interview process, as the Manager, lead network engineer, and network team was involved along with the HR personnel.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

It was a quick and straightforward process. First I got a call from a representative, she was very nice and clear. I was then given an option to interview at the Fort Worth facility.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter on this position, and the process was very fluent. Had two different interview settings; 1st one with hiring manager, and 2nd with other team members. Everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation time, which went well.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Terre Haute, IN).

Interview

Phone interview with general questions describing my past job history and experience.
    Fairly common interview with several people. Most questions coming from one person mainly. People seemed fairly positive without coming across as edgy. HR seems to do a good job at making you comfortable with the processes. Overall a fairly positive experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met on campus for informal interview. Was then brought out to Marietta Georgia for 3 more interviews. Very behavioral based and informative. After that, I was asked to come back for a sales presentation and a role play scenario where I was asked to act as if I was a sales rep for ThyssenKrupp.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at thyssenkrupp (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It took weeks to just get the first phone interview scheduled - delays and reschedules. I spoke with the Director of Quality in Minnesota for an hour. The second phone interview (weeks later) began by them calling the wrong candidate - someone who applied many months ago. When they finally actually called me, the operations manager asked me if he could call me the next morning. He did, and the call lasted 5 minutes. Why he just didn't do it during the first call is weird. The next day another person (Sales Manager) was supposed to call me. He never did. Send text message to the recruiter (Larry Tucker) asking for an update but he never responded back. Utter waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer