trivago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at trivago

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at trivago (New York, NY).

Interview

I recived a mail for recording a brief interview whitin 5 days. It was the first step of the process. You have the time to prepare and make your own research (which i warmly advice to do).

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Remote, OR) in June 2019.

Interview

I haven't got a chance for an interview, just to do two assignments. To design a customer journey and explain one of their processes. It did't seam right to me to ask for a design assignment without even interviewing. But I needed a job so I did my best. I received a rejection without any explanation why my work wasn't meeting their requirements; I find that very unprofessional. Since I have spent hours doing their assignment at least they could give me a feedback.

Interview Questions

• To design a customer journey and explain one of their processes. They haven't shared any material like brand book or logo. Again I felt that was a bit unprofessional. Not sure what they were testing.   1 Answer

Big Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago.

Interview

Trivago gives out extremely time consuming case study for candidates to complete. For the Big Data Analyst position I had to work on the case study for 20 hours. I went through three interviews. At the end of this ordeal, Trivago simply sent out an email saying that I did not get chosen for the position without any kind of explanation. I reached out to one of the interviewers and he said that there was a problem with the system. He never got back to me about the resolution. Trivago is such a big waste of time. They do not care about candidates' time. Stay away.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago.

Interview

If Trivago likes your job application, they will send you a very extensive assessment that will take 12-20 hours to do. The questions are confusing and badly worded. If they like what your submission, they will put you through 3 one hour long interviews. I went through all three interviews and thought I did really well. However, they told me that they didn't want to go forward with my candidacy. I was really bewildered. I asked them for some feedback, and they were adamant to not give any feedback. I spent almost 20 hours doing the assessment and interviews and they can't spend 5 minutes giving me feedback. That was very frustrating and very unprofessional. If you want to interview with Trivago, just know that you might need to invest a lot of time and rejected at the end without knowing what happened. They go overboard with the assessment and really don't value your time.

Media Relation, PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at trivago (New York, NY).

Interview

I informed that I was sick and asked for a rescedule regarding the video interview, but did't get one. Since I was in bed, I could not get prepared correclty and had to take the interciew while sick.

Interview Questions

• About the company and it's business plan, my opinion regarding trivago's campaigns   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was a Skype call with a person from HR and a Senior developer. After that I received a coding challenge which I had a week to complete. I then had a final Skype call with the hiring manager and then received an offer a coupe of days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at trivago?   Answer Question
    • Asked technical questions about different ways to improve the efficiency of a website   Answer Question

International Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at trivago in August 2015.

Interview

Quick process. Applied online received an interview request the following day. Given an Excel assignment asked to analyze data and later on present the findings. Video interview consisting of seven questions. Three questions given to you in advance.

Interview Questions

• Three things in your life that define who you are today?
      What is the business model?   Answer Question

PHP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Home Gardens, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at trivago (Home Gardens, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was given a project to complete based on Symfony2 and Javascript. Only good candidates with extensive OOP knowledge can get through this interview process. To prepare for this skills test you should go through OOP fundamentals.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago.

Interview

The Interview process consisted in a Skype Interview. This was very smooth and the interviewer was friendly and polite. There were no difficult questions. Main questions concerned the skills required for the job position. I was finally given a general overview of the functioning of the company and the specific department. It lasted more than 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in October 2014.

Interview

1. Sent application in
    2. One week later was contacted to set up a Skype interview for the following week
    3. Skype interview with head of marketing dept. for my region. Basic stuff like background, trying to get a feel of my personality, making sure that I understand the job description, responsibilities. Told that I would be contacted within 2 weeks.
    4. 2 weeks elapse and a second Skype interview is scheduled for that Friday.
    5. Second skype interview starts but I was supposed to have done an excel exercise that I didn't know about. So interview is pushed back a half an hour so I can complete it. Once its done, I walk the interviewer through my thought process, and once its obvious I know whats going on the job is pretty much offered at that point.
    6. Written offer comes one week later.

Obviously, theres a lot missing from this brief timeline- trivago is very consistent on wanting the right people not necessarily the most academically qualified. You really need to be yourself in the interview and hope that they agree on the fit.

Interview Questions

• Excel exercise just because I had to do it in a half an hour   Answer Question