vAuto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

vAuto Interview Questions

Interviews at vAuto

Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at vAuto (East Los Angeles, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

A pretty basic phone screen, then three rounds of interviews. The third round was a panel interview. Fairly typical questions, though the second interviewer challenged everything I said and was pretty gruff. They hire for the Performance Consultant role in batch, so you have to wait for all the other candidates to be interviewed before the next phase begins. The process took roughly a month, start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Vauto? How is it different from your current role?   Answer Question
    • How would you get in touch with a client that is avoiding your calls and emails?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at vAuto (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Took nearly 2 months to move each stage,
    HR Phone call, he coordinates all the next steps in emails
    Data Scientists Phone screen ,
    Product Director Phone Interview
    Finally they call for On Site Interview which is scheduled for 3 hours same people will be on site and may be 1 person more in the onsite. They will give a data model and will ask to write the Sql queries out of it around 5 queries and then comes 4 people in the conference asks each one questions for 2 hours,

Interview Questions

• Resume Interview - Asked questions basically what you mentioned in the resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at vAuto (Austin, TX).

Interview

Had initial code screening. The interviewer started out asking questions about things on my resume. He had absolutely zero personality. It was like talking to a robot. No rapport could be established and the session was almost awkward. Interviewer never showed any personality whatsoever.

Next was a coding session where the interviewer wouldn’t allow running the code to test it. The questions were not hard but, again, it was like talking to a plant.

After that came a Q and A session. Every answer given was a short one to three word answer. It was like pulling teeth to get the Interviewer to expound on anything. The interviewer did not seem excited about the company at all, even before the technical part of the interview.

Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Print numbers starting from 100 to 1 with a loop starting at zero.   1 Answer
    • Find max sum of subarray of size k within a given array.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at vAuto (Austin, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was successful, then a take home task, After I finished the task with the best performance they can get they told me we filled the position! , I think they keep people as insurance and try to get the cheapest developers on the market, there tech stack is a bit old, they do not respect people, I am glad they did not move forward, stay away if you are a decent engineer!

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at vAuto in January 2019.

Interview

If you enjoy having your time wasted i'd recommend that you apply at vAuto. They've had the same jobs open for months now, refreshing them by re-posting. 1-2 Month interview pipeline that at times is disconnected.

If you by chance make it through, you will NOT get any email or follow-up regarding your application. So if you enjoy being ghosted in a market that currently favors employees, apply here. Otherwise, look elsewhere for better compensation and professional peers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you encountered a difficult team-member.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at vAuto (Austin, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied for a contract to hire role with staffing agency. I did not speak to one person a vAuto thru the phone but rather email on the take home exam.
    It was stated that it would ONLY take 2 hours to complete.
    It took me 3 days to make progress on my own time. I gave up since it was a concurrency problem that I have never seen before and knew it would take more time.
    Recruiter got back to me a couple weeks later saying they were offering me an extension.
    I gave it another shot and spent all weekend solving it since it was an interesting problem using multithreading.
    I turn in the solution and I hear back that it was not optimized! I solved it well within the time constraints. If you wanted me to optimize it more then pay me to solve your problems.
    I heard thru the grapevine that they did not fill the role. Other candidates flat out refused to do it and another said they would do it for money.

Interview Questions

• Solve a real-life problem of ours using multithreading.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at vAuto (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was greeted by the one of the developers for the department I was interviewing. He showed me around the office, and then we went in a nice room with glass walls and a whiteboard table, and another developer in the same department. They asked about my resume, previous projects, and then asked me 3 coding challenge questions. I had to provide working code solutions in the language of my choice.

Interview Questions

• Given an array on integers, find the sub-array of length k with maximum sum.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at vAuto (New York, NY).

Interview

First was phone interview. Then it took more than a month for an onsite interview due to them being busy with projects. The interview on site was pretty easy. The questions were behavioral and situational. Found out by the end of day about the offer

Product Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at vAuto (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied through a resume service and was contacted by a recruiter about 2 weeks later. He had me fill out an electronic interview with questions asking how much experience I had in several areas. It was followed up with a phone interview with a person who had a similar title. After that I was invited to interview in Austin. I was given a tour and then did two virtual interviews over Skype. The recruiter communicated a lot over email and text.
    I was not offered a position due to my limited Agile experience but the feedback I received was very positive.

Interview Questions

• How do your career goals align with this role?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply at vAuto?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you ran into a substantial delay or roadblock and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question
    • How many golf balls can fit into a school bus?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have in Agile Methodologies?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at vAuto (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Terrible. The man I spoke with over the phone who seemed to be positive and from Arizona was a completely different person in person. It has been 8 weeks I have not heard anything. If you are going to deny someone, at least email them that you moved on. Unprofessional.