7Summits Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great mission"

Current Employee - Technical Architect
    Current Employee - Technical Architect

I have been working at 7Summits full-time

Pros

Great people great Mission​, I love it

Cons

Nothing negative, they are improving on everything I want them to work on

"Dynamic Company successfully navigated a challenge and really rolling now!"

Current Employee - Customer Facing in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Facing in Remote, OR

I have been working at 7Summits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is among the best - dynamic, visionary, very approachable.
    Smart, diverse people that are Highly collaborative
    Strong partner of Salesforce, well known by their AEs - 7Summits occupies a unique space in the sector
    Fun - lots of social activities
    Great place to learn skills, grow, take on new challenges wanted
    Can learn a lot about customers, their businesses and processes

Cons

Dynamic environment at a small co is not for everyone - there is no cookie cutter playbooks. Each customer and engagement is unique so there's no "mailing it in" and your peers will know if you are slacking
    i.e. no place to hide.

Advice to Management

Increase process/structure
    Keep only adding talent that is agile and passionate

"Good company going through staffing issues"

I have been working at 7Summits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Salesforce partnership that's growing
    Interesting projects
    Focus on community clous vs. all over the place
    Nice people
    Remote work
    Good pay
    Bonuses for certifications

Cons

Lack a growth path for their employees
    Sales and delivery fight for resources
    Few people at calendars, resulting in "last minute" requests and overbooking

Advice to Management

Your employees are nice and flexible enough to be a "jack of all trades". However, may be a good idea to actually ask them what their goals are.

"Great company/role/morale thus far"

Pros

1. People - We work with exceptionally talented, motivated, and intelligent people. Everyone I have worked with thus far works hard for 7Summits because they enjoy what they do and the people they work with.

2. The work - what we do is unique, we truly are expert in our field. Personally, I love communities, I use them daily, and find myself passionate about the power they hold. So, I find it easy to be motivated and convey the value of what we do.

3. Our reputation - the organizations that we work with hold 7Summits in high regard. We also have great alliances/partnerships which enhances our exposure

4. Leadership - I believe in our leadership. They are active, transparent, and involved. There may be people who do not like when senior-level management is involved in daily business, but I prefer that lever of oversight. 7Summits senior-leadership know the difference between involvement and micromanagement. They are involved and give each employee the ability to make their own decisions with guidance as needed/requested.

Cons

1. Remote work - This is both a pro & a con. Working remote allows for a ton of flexibility and a great work-life balance. But, I also enjoy seeing my colleagues, learning from them live, and collaborating.

2. High growth - Again, pro and con depending on work preference. We move quickly, everyone is working hard to make this company expand. Being an Inc5000 company can be difficult at times, resources can be tight, and deadlines can get hectic. As mentioned, some people do not operate well in that type of environment. But, the people who have been around for years enjoy the pace at which we move.

Advice to Management

The 7Summits team members that have joined since I started have all been great. My advice is to continue searching for the right talent and the proper culture fit. Ensure that the candidates understand what it means to be part of a quickly moving company. Although it may be difficult, find a way to test if candidates are willing to be enterprise contributors, help colleagues achieve their goals, and be intellectually curious.

""Challenging but rewarding environment""

I have been working at 7Summits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

7Summits is going through a very interesting transition. As with all transition, there is uncertainty, challenges and opportunities to learn.

1. Opportunities to work for amazing brands and develop innovative solutions
    2. Collaborative culture. If you speak up, there will always be someone to help you
    3. Build skills and experience needed for Digital Transformation initiatives and Salesforce Communities

Cons

1. Rapidly changing environment. If you want a steady 9-5 job (with eight hours of meetings) this may not work for you.
    2. Be involved in multiple projects. This could be challenging with context switching but can be mitigated with good time management skills.

Advice to Management

Bring back the daily check-ins and rhythm so employees feel more connected and informed.
    Be transparent about challenges and tap into the wisdom of your Sherpas.

"A small company doing many great things!!!"

Pros

-The people. Everyone here is extremely professional and driven. People have come and gone in recent history but that is because they either lacked the passion for what 7Summits is doing or they don't understand this complicated services world.
    -The work. The end product that is created through the services that are delivered are top notch and industry leading. In most competitive situations, 7Summits outshines the other vendors. Customers who engage with 7Summits where there is an actual fit between our services and the customer's need are never let down. The customer retention here is outstanding. The work is challenging but extremely rewarding. When 7Summits delivers the customers always come back for additional work on bigger projects.
    -Knowledge. There is no other company in this space that produces and executes at the level 7Summits does. They are the leader in this niche market. If you are looking to learn about a new way companies are doing business and how 7Summits takes them there, this is an amazing company to work for.

Cons

-The industry. It is highly competitive and generally services are difficult to sell. The solution here isn't something that is 'canned' or out of the box.
    -Small Company. For those individuals that are not flexible or don't have the ability to handle the speed bumps that often arise when working for a smaller organization will have a difficult time here. Many employees need to wear many different hats in order to execute. If you are not a team player or lack the ability to take on tasks that might be outside of your traditional roles that might exist within larger companies, this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

-Resources. Resources are spread thin and they don't have a large 'bench' because 7Summits needs to stay focused on their bottom line. They currently don't have the luxury of employing people who are not billable or currently not contributing. This creates an interesting dynamic but it also teaches an individual how to more accurately execute in presentations, projects, and all aspects of business. The company is aware of this issue and is focused on growth. As more business comes is won, more team members will be added.

Don't hire people that need constant hand holding or who don't have the business experience required to execute and deliver.

"No Gender Equality"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

There's free breakfast for the entire company for every new hire.

Cons

My hopes writing this review, is to grab 7Summits attention and take action to better their environment. Maybe expressing this matter through a more public channel will open the eyes of leadership.

While I've been here, the most embarrassing part about this is women within the company have started initiatives, and spoke loudly about this matter and still no actions have been taken. Our questions and points of view are overlooked and ignored.

It's difficult because this isn't about sexual harassment or wage discrimination. It's the glass ceiling - the institutional barrier preventing women advancing beyond a certain point. You want to talk about career path? For future employees or people that are interviewing, there isn't a career path here at 7Summits if you are a woman.

7Summits revolves around stereotypes and cultural norms, which underline certain expectations about gender. Women are talked over in meetings, and disrespected. Disrespect seeps into the workplace, and 7Summits will start to be looking at some serious consequences.

Male employees ignore female coworkers and disregard their opinions, those on the receiving end of the disrespect tend to get defensive, making it difficult to trust anyone. Believe me when I say people feel the subtle hostility and everyone is working to watch their backs, teamwork is seriously compromised. Even though "rudeness" is wily it creates lack of cooperation, open hostility and distrust among coworkers.

Has anyone noticed the high turnover here? Many people want to leave, even for a lesser position just because they’re unhappy in the hostile environment. 7Summits is not doing well financially and they take no accountability for their mistakes, rather they let go hard working people. These talented individuals shouldn't have to put up with a disrespectful workplace because they can relocate to a job where they feel respected.

Do you know how much gossip goes around at 7Summits? People, would rather call in sick and take a mental health day than deal with the hostility. This stress causes physical emotional burnout, which then creates negativity, antisocial behavior and far less productivity.

I hope this review opens eyes to the alpha males that make up the entire company. Listen to the women there, promote them. Create a place where people want to go into work everyday. Give people reasons to go out and brag they work at 7s. Believe me, right now the reputation of 7Summits is anything but good.

I would not interview at this company until you hear from inside sources there's been major improvement.

Oct 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal view here. At 7Summits we always look internally and externally for such critiques to support making the 7Summits experience better. As a... More

"Evaluate Your Worth"

I have been working at 7Summits full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ll go with the typical answer of saying people. People are always good, and in circumstances like this they band together and their even better, closer. But I also want to make it clear that this a negative review of the company, so I’ll say no more here.

Cons

After the recent rash of new positive reviews in response to the negative reviews that came out (Behind the scenes detail: a lot of people let go recently, well… more than usual). And you can expect this from 7Summits as a social business agency. They’re watching these reviews because they know smart people read them. And when they see a negative wave of attacks they ask their folks to respond in kind.
    But then there was this recent statement which really got me (I wonder if there will be a redaction tbh):
    “Resources are spread thin and they don't have a large 'bench' because 7Summits needs to stay focused on their bottom line. They currently don't have the luxury of employing people who are not billable or currently not contributing.”
    If that doesn’t make you run for the hills, I don’t know what will. This company wants to live by the Netflix culture: be a superstar or hit the road. But they're missing a key element in the equation: they are NOT Netflix. They’re not a Silicon Valley startup which makes a big impact on your resume if you’ve been there 1 year or 10. They are a company that, at best, your future employer has not heard about, because if they have heard of them, likelyhood is that they’ve worked with them. And an association with the work delivered from 7Summits is not the kind you want. Sales pitch, yes, they look great. But actual delivery is a mix of missed expectations, hidden change orders and lack of attention to work.
    A statement like this would have me looking over my shoulder. Sure I’m working on 5 assignments right now, but am I next up on the chopping block? And when I walk out of here, certainly I have some good skills learned, but maybe not a resume item strong enough to equate to the way I’ve been treated and dumped. Evaluate YOUR worth!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing haha!
    BUt seriously. I’ll be honest. I don’t have an issue with the management or the way they’re running their show. It is THEIR show. They built it to make money, and they are making money for themselves. But there is a strange thing to their style: they want you to be the opposite, and that isn’t right. They’re looking out for number one. You should also look out for number one. But instead they’re looking for loyalty and yet show little.
    So advice to management: show loyalty to get loyalty. Run cutthroat, expect cutthroat. It’s that simple.

"Falling Down the Mountain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at 7Summits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The work is challenging but educational. You will be exposed to a lot of ideas and learn a lot on this job.
    -There are still some very talented and friendly people in the office.
    -Work/life balance is better than at most agencies.
    -Pay is quite good.
    -Downtown location is fun.

Cons

-Most people are spread out across far too many projects and the projects vary too much to become experts.
    -Turnover has been extreme. Too many senior people left, and too many new employees leave within a year.
    -Days are spent answering frankly stupid questions and attending pointless meetings, and real work has to happen after hours.
    -Few projects are set up for success - inadequate budget, impossible timeline, no client accountability.
    -Benefits are adequate but have great room for improvement.
    -Cold, mostly empty, almost completely undecorated office space.

Advice to Management

-Actions speak louder than words. Stop saying "hypergrowth" and "financially strong" when there are lay-offs several times a year on top of other employees quitting and not being replaced.
    -Do something to stop the turnover. Improve hiring process, improve day-to-day work, something, anything. The company has suffered substantial losses.
    -Slight increases in benefits - 401k matching, a few extra vacation days - could go a long way.
    -There are some middle-top players providing little value while driving valuable employees away. You know who they are. Take care of it.
    -It's obvious internally and to clients that 7Summits is spread way too thin to be effective.

Oct 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for posting your feedback here regarding concerns over project pressures and recent turn-over at 7Summits. And I appreciate the balanced feedback. Thank you.

Yes, 7Summits has... More

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at 7Summits full-time

Pros

-Company is open for feedback and suggestions - just don't expect these to go anywhere.

-The projects you get to work on are compelling and a lot can be learned.

-Company does offer a decent work/life balance as long as you know to shut yourself off from work while out.

-Shirts...you'll be given swag to wear for showing up to one of the quarterly all team meetings.

Cons

-No processes for anything. Literally, no processes for anything. Everything they do, onboarding, career management, hiring, project assignment, is off the cuff and different every time.

-Company expects employees to work across 5-8 projects at once. You'll be spread much to thin to offer great service and this will show to customers.

-Few projects are set up for success - inadequate budget, extremely tight timeline, no client accountability so you just streamrolled with new requests. New projects that do come in are terribly scoped and require massive change orders in order to align customer expectations with level of effort. This causes every project to be one of turmoil working with hostile customers.

-No 401k match. No bonuses. Yes, that's right, a tech company in 2016 does offer either of these.

-Company has decided to go all in with Salesforce, yet they employ very few people who are experts and knowledgable with Salesforce.

-Absolutely no opportunities for career development. Company expects you to put all of your time towards project work and any time to spend improving your skills is left by way side.

-Company fails to follow through on any improvement objectives. Management talks a big game about how things will change but nothing ever happens.

-Company has seen a high rate of turnover as people realize the negative work environment and head for the door.

Advice to Management

Turn your focus to the delivery of the services your selling, make that experience top notch for both your customers and employees. Then let that success generate you new business and help retain your top employees.

Do something to stop people from leaving. Improve the benefits offering. Push projects out so that one can be completely successfully versus stuffing another one on your employees.

Oct 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for posting your feedback here regarding concerns over our process maturity here at 7Summits. Quite frankly, we will always have work to do in this regard - and that’s a journey not a... More