87AM Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Very Excited"

Current Employee - Administrative Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Administrative Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at 87AM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few months ago I had proposed a project to my supervisor to streamline a few of our processes, and after discussing the steps, what my goal was, and how it would help the company, he gave me the go-ahead to put them into action. The plan wasn't as smooth as I had hoped in the beginning, but together with my supervisor, we were able to create the solutions needed. The pro here, is that after I was able to create an actionable plan, discuss each step of the plan and vision with my supervisor, he gave me the ok to build it out. What I'm excited about is my supervisor met with me for lunch today and gave me a promotion and a raise!! I wasn't expecting it AT ALL, I just wanted to put some ideas I had into action and I was given the opportunity to do so, and it not only helped the company, but it (inadvertently) helped me too. I'm really proud of my work, and even more grateful the company I work for honors that.

Cons

None I can really think of. The company takes us out for happy hour, we do birthdays, holiday parties, summer Fridays, office retreats, and the office where I work, in Las Vegas, is really chill.

Advice to Management

Sometimes we get some bad apples in different offices, and senior management will work with that person over and over, giving them the benefit of the doubt, and I don't think they should do that. Yeah, sure, people deserve a second chance, but in too many just makes the good apples sour. Kick 'em to the curb!

Apr 20, 2018 – Employer Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on the collaboration of our employees and promoting them when they are proactive and take initiative.

"Changed a lot - for the worse"

I worked at 87AM full-time

Pros

Great clients and opportunities for someone new the business

Cons

Little to no structure, non supportive management, no real motivation to excel at your job

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth

Apr 20, 2018 – Employer Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have had many people step into different job opportunities; from interns being promoted into full-time positions to senior staff being promoted into higher... More

3. "A Really Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 87AM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Dedicated teams
    -Hardworking
    -Passionate about their work
    -Driven to make clients happy

I've been in the Los Angeles office for a couple of years now, and I've got to hand it to our Director of Media, Evan. He worked himself up from an intern position. He's probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met, too, and he is really dedicated to his clients and respects the people who work under him. He keeps the team on point, and yet is completely approachable.
    I also worked with the guy who wrote the review "The Biggest Mistake You Will Ever Make," and I know it's him because he was so judgmental and kept on about his "Christian Values." He didn't have any. He was nothing but a bully. Literally bullied everyone. That's when Evan and Adam, our CEO, had to step in. Both men are 100% against people who are bullies, and want to make sure our offices are a safe place to work. Since I'm not senior management, it makes a huge deal to me to know both my bosses will not tolerate bullies.

Cons

I wished we could go on more retreats and outings as an office, but I know it's harder to do since we're a bit smaller than other digital agencies.

Advice to Management

Maybe we could do something like going out lunch together to fill for outings. Everyone has to eat lunch, and if everyone is invited, it's something we can do during the work week. There's only 12 of us, so it might work!

Apr 20, 2018 – Employer Representative

Thank you for providing your feedback. We work hard to make sure our offices are staffed with competent, hardworking management. To reiterate your point, we will not tolerate abusive or defamatory... More

"Don't Let the Kids Fool You."

I have been working at 87AM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues are supportive, friendly, competent, as well as the senior management. I've been with the company 3 years, and have been happy here. We have office retreats the company pays for, birthdays are celebrated, gifts on your anniversary, lunches, volunteer days, and other such benefits. The CEO visits our offices in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, and in Europe, and takes a genuine interest in everyone working - from interns to senior staff. I've seen interns become full time associates, and associates become directors and VP's. This company rewards you for your hard work as well as your ability to be a team player. The issue with some of these comments is these are insolent adults - truly - rude, arrogant, and lacking any respect for their peers or senior colleagues. Don't let these kids fool you. This is a good company, these people work hard, and they are great teams to work with.

Cons

Sometimes there is miscommunication, and sometimes wires are crossed, but they handle it well, and the company has been going and growing for 6+ years, and it's going strong.

Advice to Management

Management should keep on the paths they're on, and don't let the kids get you down. There will always be disgruntled employees taking to Glassdoor venting what they think is your incompetence. Heck, more than most of these comments are so aggressive and have terrible spelling and grammar! That should be the first clue.

Apr 20, 2018 – Employer Representative

Thank you for your input. As someone who has been with the company 5 years and worked closely with senior management, I can vouch for your assessment of the growth of the company, the opportunities... More

"All over the place"

I have been working at 87AM full-time

Pros

People are generally delightful and intelligent, clients are fascinating, sincere desire to be creative and innovative

Cons

Management is a mess, people are leaving left and right, teams are understaffed, office culture has suffered since moving in with our parent agency

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep your talent loyal and dedicated. More pay, better culture, greater opportunities for growth—all are essential.

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 87AM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the time, it was a growing company, teetering on the edge of success. It was a good place to grow your skin and get hands on experience in a sink or swim style. Lots of freedom to do your own thing.

Cons

Fiscally unstable. Had complete turnover about every 4 months. No structure. No guidance. No management. No loyalty. No benefits. Oh, and no adults. The company is staffed by kids that have no clue what they're doing. It's incredible that they have clients, but then again, they're the kind of agency you find at the dollar store.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to get management. We were entirely lacking managerial structure. Also, the best thing for the company would be for the CEO to step down. He's completely absent and not useful when he's around.

Apr 20, 2018 – Employer Representative

We always appreciate honest feedback, however, the negative outlook, disapproval of the CEO and the "dollar store agency" comment are disingenuous. Senior management in both the Los Angeles and New... More

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 87AM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide a paycheck which is really nice am I at 20 words yet? Like so many others who had the unfortunate experience of working at 87am it's difficult to think of anything positive to say.

Cons

Low pay, bad benefits, no appreciation of quality work - and they don't care about their employees, which all culminates into a toxic culture that quality employees rightfully flee from. As another reviewer said there's a real "churn and burn" culture. It's difficult to say whether or not they lose quality people because they don't know what quality is, or that they just don't care about quality. Truth is, it's probably both.

Advice to Management

Any advice to advice to management in these reviews has already fallen on deaf ears so what's the point?

"RUN....DON'T DO IT!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 87AM (Less than a year)

Pros

Some really cool clients and the experience will help you land somewhere else, but that's about it.

Cons

Let's see...
    1) The pay and benefits are worthless. Salary is an insult to the amount of work and hours you put in. Benefits - a complete joke. 90 days for health insurance, monthly cost to employees is over $200/month, only one option, 10 vacation days, and non-matching 401k after 1 year. Garbage!

2) Work - they over promise and under deliver, which is bad business. So worried about losing accounts that they have to overwork the under paid employees to get things done. This in-turn creates a horrible work environment.

3) Managers - DESPERATELY needs to be sent to a leadership camp or have extensive training on how to work with employees. It's appalling the way they operate. In all seriousness, the management team needs a complete overhaul. They have been there way too long and is behind the dysfunctional culture in this office.

Advice to Management

If three of your decent SVPs left the company last year, that should tell you something. Get it together.

"Not a nice place to work"

I worked at 87AM (More than a year)

Pros

Some good clients, some of the employees are talented and nice.

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits, totally disorganized and lack of guidance from management. Many promises are never delivered. High turnover and random firings.

Advice to Management

Honesty and consistency would be a good idea.

"Great Agency"

Pros

You get to work with great people on some big name accounts.

Cons

None that I can really think of.