87AM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 87AM

2.5

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 87AM (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Requested for an interview, had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Typical interview questions - past experience, etc. I was told there were plenty of openings for different roles. I was also told I would be contacted at the end of the week. Never heard anything. Sent 2-3 emails, no reply.

Associate Community Manager Interview

Interview

Their job posting reads:

"To be considered for the position, please SUBMIT your resume and an original haiku that best explains who you are as a person. Any formal cover letters will immediately disqualify you for the position and create great fodder for the staff to make fun of. No, seriously."

An employee should leave their ego at the door, and so should the employer. While this might be seen as "bold," it reads more like desperation to stay relevant; 20-something year olds these days are turned off by this kind of stuff. Perhaps they should employ their own "associate community manager" to screen/prevent a job postings that sound like they belong on the gigs section of craigslist.

Social Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 87AM in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone and in-person interview for a Social Media Strategist position with 87am. They were easy--too easy. During both, few questions were asked of me. This was especially discouraging during the in-person one-on-one interviews with three people. I left feeling they weren't interested and just wanted to get the interview out of their ways so that they could go on with their day.

My suggestion is don't go into this as a traditional interview. Stand out. Do something fun. Usually I'd be cautious of this since you don't know the culture until you're there, but this seemed like a pretty casual office, and it seems you need to do something to really capture their attention.

Interview Questions

• What's a good example of a company that effectively uses social media?   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 87AM in January 2014.

Interview

The actual interview was great — the girl I met with was very nice and I don't recall there being any particularly difficult questions. A day or two after we met, she had me create a sample marketing proposal.

I didn't hear anything a week after sending it, so I followed up and she told me the hiring process had been delayed and to check back in the next week. I waited two weeks to follow up, so as not to pester her, and she told me she would reach out and let me know when they had a timeline in place. I didn't hear from her again after that.

I get that employers are busy and can't respond to all applicants, but at this point I'd had an in-person interview and took the time to create the sample proposal. Basic courtesy and professionalism would have called for an email saying the company went in another direction.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 87AM (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

A blast. Submit 3 YouTube videos with your resume. I wrote a song for one and they brought me in on the spot. General interview questions, nothing behavioral. For interns: have a good resume and come in ready to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer
    • How would you expedite the conversion process on a particular website?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 87AM in August 2016.

Interview

Writing assignment provided as a pre-screener followed by an in-person interview with the social team. The team did interviews one at a time and the process was a very generic internship interview process. Overall, it was a positive experience with a professional team conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Generic professional background, interest in social, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 87AM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy process - they asked questions that were expected. They sat me down with 3 different people on the team. Each of them asked similar questions about my background and experience.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 87AM (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Good, standard. About 20 minutes and he just went over what i would be doing there and he asked me some questions about my resume, but nothing too crazy. He asked me questions about my education, classes and what else I know about the industry and some questions about my previous jobs

Content Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 87AM.

Interview

Was invited to see the offices and meet the team. Everyone was friendly and energetic, although quite young. Everyone involved was running late and seemed rushed. Wasn't the most professional situation.

Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 87AM (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast. I was contacted directly from the VP of Media and sent in for an interview. Two interviewers asked me questions that were not difficult. There wasn't real structure to the interview. Both were transparent about the messiness in the department - I should not have taken that lightly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your news? What do you like about media?   Answer Question