ABC-Amega Reviews | Glassdoor

ABC-Amega Reviews

Updated Dec 10, 2018

Found 21 reviews

ABC-Amega CEO David I. Herer (no image)
David I. Herer
  1. "Use your skills and make a difference"

I have been working at ABC-Amega full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You really get to use -- and grow your business skills at ABC. Most positions require great customer service and technology skills. If you are good on the phone, with email and like to work in various computer systems. This is a great place to learn and grow. Plus you get to do work for a number of 'cool' companies. Think of the biggest names online -- that's who I'm talking about. Plus, the office is really... beautiful -- like no where I've worked before -- and definitely not set up like a typical call center.

Cons

Departments can be segmented, which is partly due to how busy everyone is -- and partly due to the layout of the office. So you don't get to know co-workers in different departments very well.

Advice to Management

Come up with a way for people to interact more -- maybe have monthly informal 'meet and greet' sessions between departments. We are all so busy doing our jobs that it's tough to make the time to just walk around and 'say hi'.

ABC-Amega2017-01-12

"Misguided corporate ambitions @ small bus mom-and-pop call-center @ the expense of the common employee."

I have been working at ABC-Amega for more than 8 years

Pros

Full-time employment, mon-fri and the paychecks clear.

Cons

Stagnation @ entry-level, unless hired into mgmt/direction. Expect mgmt/direction to usurp common-employee ideas to streamline work-flow. Fear-based mgmt with rules and regulations for 'company policy' more than detailed in handbook. However, same attention and detail is not given to common-employees on how to perform their job and training is non-existent. Nepotism rampant with supervisory/mgmt & director... positions. Further, at this small business - this company employs a point based rolling calendar disciplinary system, on par with a fortune 500 corporation, or a military base - good luck training new-common-employees all the time. You will have a lot of turn-over, unless you are just picking and choosing where to apply rules - as a small-bus has the ability to do - not being beholden to a corporate office.

Advice to Management

Re-think the point-based rolling calendar system. When upper mgmt & execs are completely uncompassionate, indifferent and absent, when supervisor/mgmt positions are thrown at problems, when the proper direction is not provided - you begin to to loose whatever culture you may have once have. You also loose the respect of the common-employee, which has happened already, across the board, on all fronts. “If words... of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame. But, if orders are clear and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.” ― Sun Tzu

ABC-Amega2018-12-11

"The people in the front office need to know what’s going on here."

I worked at ABC-Amega full-time

Pros

No weekend work. Free parking.

Cons

Middle management needs to be overhauled. Hunan Resources is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Ask why all of these people are leaving. People don’t leave jobs, they leave bad managers. The human resource department needs adjustment as well. Perhaps if the “manager” was seasoned, I’d have had a chance to work out any issues. Very disappointing.

ABC-Amega2018-10-08
  4. "Customer service"

I have been working at ABC-Amega full-time

Pros

Great PTO benefits friendly environment

Cons

No cons I can think of

ABC-Amega2018-02-17

February 23, 2018ABC-Amega Representative

Thank you your feedback. We’re glad to hear you are happy with our PTO benefits and that you enjoy the work environment. Please share any ideas you may have about how we may earn 5 stars in the future.

"Client service representative II"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative II

I have been working at ABC-Amega full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You learn computer & phone skills that help provide great service.

Cons

Been working here nearly 4 years but doing more than my job title & pay & always feel like management is holding back from moving me up because of favoritism.

Advice to Management

When dues are paid promote & increase pay stop dragging on over working people.

ABC-Amega2018-01-31

February 14, 2018ABC-Amega Representative

Thank you for providing this review. We’re happy to hear that you feel the skills you’ve learned are meeting your needs in providing great service to our clients, and we appreciate the extra effort you are putting into your work. Honest feedback helps us understand where opportunities may exist for improved employee satisfaction. We welcome any ideas you – or any other team members – may have to share about career development. Please don’t hesitate to speak with your manager and HR about your thoughts and concerns.

6. "Great environment, lack of upward mobility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at ABC-Amega full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful building, friendly environment, team atmosphere, good health benefits, 401k matching

Cons

Low pay, can be tough to advance in the company, lack of merit raises

Advice to Management

Recognize your talent and pay them what they are worth

ABC-Amega2017-10-06

October 18, 2017ABC-Amega Representative

Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate the time you took to leave this review. We read all reviews and work to take action on the feedback received from both current and former employees. Recognizing the value of our talent is very important to us. In recent months, the base/entry level wages for our first-party Client Service Representatives was increased, and we began providing monetary incentives to employees who assist in the training of new hires. We also recently implemented Career Development Programs to provide paths for advancement opportunities within the company. We will continue to work on ways we can create opportunities for growth and welcome ideas from our team members to help facilitate this effort.

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Former Client Service Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at ABC-Amega full-time for less than a year

Pros

ABC is a nice COMMERCIAL collections agency in downtown Buffalo. You are not calling people at their homes bothering them, which is nice. Decent hourly for a entry level position, perfect for recent graduates. Benefits and PTO if you are hired directly through the company. I personally was able to gain experience in a new industry and this was valuable to me. The office itself is very modern. My team I worked... with was amazing, great people. The company does not expect you to work every second of your 8 hour shift which is really nice. They do not come down on you if you are socializing with your colleagues, as long as its reasonable. During my time there, I felt the vibe that management, specifically supervisors were not held in high regard. From my experience, my supervisors were above average and helped me grow as an employee and did not deserve the reputation that some employees gave them.

Cons

ABC Amega advertises it is one of the best companies to work for. In my opinion, they want this accolade to their name without having to make the necessary sacrifices. It is a nice company to work for and you could work for much worse employer, but it is not one of the best. As an example; they hire many employees through temp. agencies. From my past experience, full time positions were typically offered around... three months. ABC Amega would exceed this limit for some but not all of their temp employees. It's important to feel wanted by an employer. One other example; if ABC Amega wants to be one of the best companies to work for, allow employees to carry over PTO from one year to the next. The employees should not be punished for showing up to work.

Advice to Management

Although there is room to move up at ABC Amega, I felt like you had to "pay your dues." A five star company would recognize talent and find a position where an employee can further themselves, as well as the company. This model of "paying your dues" is archaic and should be adjusted.

ABC-Amega2017-06-11

October 18, 2017ABC-Amega Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience as an ABC employee. With that, we’ll make sure your idea to carry over PTO is discussed. As for staffing, it’s true that we may use placement agencies to fill open positions. These partners help us bring qualified talent on board, and are especially supportive during periods of rapid growth. We are proud of our designation as one of Business First’s Best Places to Work in WNY. Winners are determined by an analysis of data collected from surveys taken by each company's employees. The feedback from our employees has resulted in ABC-Amega ranking as a finalist each year we’ve participated.

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at ABC-Amega

Pros

Great location, office is nice

Cons

Management is a joke. They play favorites and throw tantrums when asked for help.

ABC-Amega2016-12-03

"Okay place to start off at."

I worked at ABC-Amega

Pros

Great hours, no weekends, flexible and decent benefits. Admins are easy to approach.

Cons

No room for advancement and a lot of favoritism. A lot of immaturity in all departments, which happens everywhere, but hiring younger employees can do that to the work environment.

ABC-Amega2016-10-24
  10. "Great place to work"

I worked at ABC-Amega

Pros

Very great leadership team! Management is willing to help employees grow.

Cons

Lacks connection between CSRs & other areas of the business

ABC-Amega2016-10-26