AFS (Automated Financial Systems) Reviews | Glassdoor

AFS (Automated Financial Systems) Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2019

Found 23 reviews

3.7
AFS (Automated Financial Systems) CEO Jim Greenwood (no image)
Jim Greenwood
  1. "Great company, one of the best to work for."

Current Employee - Software Architect in Exton, PA

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can make your own opportunities by identifying and pursuing a niche that is either underserved or an emerging trend.

Cons

Nothing worse mentioned. All easy to resolve. Maybe coffee could be little better

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-09-28

October 19, 2017Sr. Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you have found your niche and continue to thrive on Team AFS! As for the coffee, we conducted surveys and we just changed it up to Wawa coffee. We hope everyone is enjoying the new service. Continued success to you!

"ok"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time

Pros

atleast 3-4 dress down days per week

Cons

now fulltime work at home

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2019-03-08
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Excellent position"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Exton, PA

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits Flex Schedule Open Door Policy Quiet office Pleasant work surroundings

Cons

Allowance to work from home - you can work offsite while traveling, but you cannot work from home

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-08-16

August 24, 2017Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to submit a review and for your 5 star rating! We are glad to hear that you are happy in your role as a Business Analyst, and appreciate you highlighting some of the perks you enjoy as an employee. In regard to the ability to work from home, we do have a policy in place for remote work and encourage you to discuss this further with your manager or HR to gain clarity, or you may also reference the policy in your employee handbook for further details as well. Thanks again for your feedback!

5. "Awesome Place to work, Love coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Director in Exton, PA

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff are treated well, hard work and dedication are rewarded. Company events are planned for staff. Company allows flex time and remote schedules. Staff have growth path in most jobs related families.

Cons

At times, weekend and nights are needed, however staff don't recd equal comp time. This makes it hard to get staff to support at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward your hard working and loyal employees.

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-06-16

June 30, 2017Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for your dedication as a long term employee. We will continue to emphasize our gratitude for our hard working employees and take your feedback into consideration as to how we can keep engaging our staff and rewarding their efforts. While AFS does not have a comp time policy in place, there are other ways staff are recognized for their extra efforts including a flexible work schedule, employee appreciation events, and competitive compensation packages. Please feel free to consult with Human Resources to discuss those options.

6. "Top Notch Employer"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Exton, PA

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time for less than a year

Pros

A growing company that provides a great product. Employees are encouraged to learn about different areas of the company and move up. Very friendly and welcoming environment. Great benefit package that kicks in shortly after the beginning of employment. Upper management is both available, approachable and appreciative. Lots of fun employee appreciation events such as Cinco de Mayo, various food trucks and free... dress down days. The company participates in many charitable events. A very diverse group of employees, many who have been with the company for decades.

Cons

None that I have found!

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-06-15

June 30, 2017Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to outline various areas of our company features, environment, and culture. We are proud to be leading in our industry, and recognize that our great employees contribute to our success! We are happy to hear that you are taking advantage of various benefits that we have to offer, and participating in our company events. If you ever have questions or need additional support, please don't hesitate to let us know!

7. "Good pay and benefits"

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time

Pros

Above Pay, Great Insurance Benefits, Average to Better PTO, Employee Activities

Cons

There is flex time but not like other companies.

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-06-15
  8. "Great Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - QA Test Analyst in Exton, PA

Pros

I made the decision to join the Army reserves about 6 months after starting at AFS and they have been nothing but supportive in my decision and have shown a lot of excitement for me in this new path in my life. They have a lot of events designed to build a team environment. paid for Regular dress down days that all proceeds go to charity.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees.

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-06-13

June 30, 2017Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your positive feedback and ranking of AFS. As a fairly new employee, it is great to know that our efforts to cultivate a culture of team work and camaraderie in your department has been effective, and we are glad AFS has been able to support you in your decision to join the reserves. AFS strides to ensure that all employees are successful in both their career and personal goals. Congratulations on your assignment with the reserves.

"Employees at small companies suffer"

I worked at AFS (Automated Financial Systems)

Pros

I found HR and many of the staff very agreeable. I can see HR trying to make an effort with providing some small events for staff.

Cons

Flat org structure, so little room to grow. Be very careful when getting hired that you get assurances on the department you will be assigned. I was told on day one I was assigned to do work that doesn't fit the role I interviewed for. And small organizations are rampant with very bad line managers who are good at their job, but not good at managing people to say the least. There is a "clocking in" system and the... time you use your badge to enter and leave is reported. Lack of professionalism. Software company that is struck in the past, with bulk of staff that has been there for 30+ years.

Advice to Management

Learn from the more current and successful software companies and adopt their treatment of employees and ways of working. Middle managers should be trained on how to manage.

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-06-13
  10. "Good solid company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time

Pros

AFS provides a competitive workplace with good salaries and great benefits. Flexible work options available.

Cons

Needs more concrete career paths and mentoring programs for better employee growth.

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-03-29

April 19, 2017Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your 4 star rating and positive outlook of AFS as your employer. We appreciate your feedback and acknowledgement of AFS offering competitive salaries, great benefits, and flexibility for our employees. We are truly committed to making sure our employees know how much they are valued! We do have many employees with long tenures at AFS that have grown in their career either by taking on management opportunities, or accepting new roles at AFS altogether, and encourage you to please speak with your manager or the Managing Director of Human Resources about your career aspirations so that we can provide as much support as possible for your career growth as well.

11. "Great Company with endless growth"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at AFS (Automated Financial Systems) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent work Great Benefits Fair Pay Leinent Management with Time

Cons

Can be very quiet and lack of work comradery

Advice to Management

N/A

AFS (Automated Financial Systems)2017-01-25

March 29, 2017Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback of your AFS experience, and to highlight some of the pros of working at AFS. While we do try to plan as many events throughout the year as possible (our annual summer BBQ, food truck lunches, holiday events, competitions, and dress down days) to encourage employee interaction, we are always interested in new ideas and feedback that would build on these efforts. We value your contributions as an employee - if you have any suggestions you would like to share, please feel free to stop into the office of the Managing Director of Human Resources so that we can further enhance your experience!

Found 23 reviews