ANPI Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Jacobsen

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

I have been working at ANPI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product offering is innovative and exciting, and to be on the edge of something bigger is outstanding and wonderful. Benefits package is incomparable.

Cons

There is a lot of work ahead, but nothing worthwhile ever comes for free. Sometimes it is easy to commiserate inside the office.

Advice to Management

Cross train your employees so there are more generalists and not as many specialists. Broaden the knowledge base in case of growth or disaster.

"was great till they laid everyone off who had a clue"

Former Employee - Contribute in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Contribute in Dallas, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits great, people are nice , people work hard, good provisioning team, good salary

Cons

reputation of management is damaged in the industry, no direction, poor product, priced high, poor strategy

Advice to Management

None at all because they do not listen to those in the trenches. Your product is not a enterprise product, so stop fooling yourself. Atlas is not all it is made out to be and you integrate with nothing. there is no attractive pricing and you cannot go around bad mouthing your own employees. You had a great team and you killed it to cover poor management decisions

"Regular Old Pee-on"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, which i'm hearing are going to move into the "cons" category before too long.

Cons

Board that is looking to dump the company. Employees expected to work countless hours in an abusive environment. CSO hasn't delivered anywhere near what his mouth has shot off. For those interested in ending your career, this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

let the people who know what they are doing run the company. That's your only hope

"Funny How ANPI Changes CEO's and gets 100% rating. The Old CEO was at less than 30%"

Former Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX

Pros

They provided a pay check

Cons

Upper Management and co-workers who felt threatened by new employees

Advice to Management

Quit lying to yourself and face the fact that your former CEO and his team ran this company into the ground. The CTO is more interested in building his staff and headcount for his Indian contacts than actually producing a product.

"Awesome ANPI!"

Current Employee - Wholesale Account Manager in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Wholesale Account Manager in Springfield, IL

I have been working at ANPI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ANPI is on the brink of the next generation in communication. We enable the little guys to work like word class companies. We champion the rural areas of America while providing a great product. Excellent benefits, work hours, and support lead to a great company to work for. I've worked for other corporations and they did not take care of their employees nearly as well as ANPI. Also there is reimbursement for health expenditures and a exercise reimbursement program to encourage employee health while not hitting the pocket book.

Fastest growing hosted product on the market with great support. There is a great future for ANPI. Join us and make it yours.

Cons

Constantly evolving and changing company makes for a difficult work environment. You have to be able to roll with it. Staying up on customer status and following up on open action items is a full time job. You have to be your customer's champion and make it right for them.

You have to be able to work independently if you can't this isn't the job for you. Moving on your own and thinking outside the box without 24/7 input is a must.

This is sometimes a tough job to learn, but persistence and determination to learn are key in developing into a great ANPI asset. You have to want it. Learning curve is easily 1yr plus, but ANPI gives you the time to develop.

Advice to Management

Continue to support us on the front lines. Make sure work life balance continues to be a priority in your employees. Continue to hire more employees in key roles to further the company's agenda and support the customer.

ANPI Response

Sep 23, 2015 – Director

You said it best, "We champion the rural areas of America." Our company was established to help telecommunications carriers in rural America provide high quality services to their customers. Thank ... More

"An Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Pros

ANPI is a mature stable employer with excellent guiding core values toward its' customers and employees. ANPI is well established in the industry with an excellent reputation for quality service. For employees benefits are excellent. The best benefits one could ever find. Working conditions are excellent. Employees are appreciated and given recognition.

Cons

ANPI has many opportunities in an ever changing technology. Sometimes ANPI finds it difficult to sort through all the opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue the core values which have made ANPI a success.

ANPI Response

Sep 18, 2015 – Director

Thank you for your thoughtful review. ANPI has been in business since 1996 and is well established as a communications provider to telecommunications providers, agents and small to medium sized ... More

"Exciting growth - Never a dull moment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at ANPI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ANPI is a fantastic place to work, and truly the pros outweigh the cons. The priority they place on the care of their employees - benefits are 100% and irreplaceable and incomparable, health and wellness benefits, reimbursement for out of pocket medical expenses, matched 401K, high volume of PTO, hour flexibility to meet outside of work needs, and so much more. To me, working at ANPI has always been a family environment and everyone, CEO and down (even the board of directors) are caring and inquisitive about not just the employee but their families - I've witnessed first hand the rewarding of hard work with large initiatives were completed to build out a network they sent the 2 project managers and their spouses each on a cruise, when an employee had a miscarriage they sent her and her husband on a weekend paid getaway, when a single mom had been ill but continued to work and put the company as a priority they sent her and her 9 year old daughter on week long paid vacation to Walt Disney World - the list truly goes on and on. It is a company that puts back in what great employees give out.

Cons

Are there cons, absolutely! But we live in the real world and not a perfect world. Recent changes in the industry have shifted a huge importance on changing to support our customer's needs so they can be successful in the future as well - that caused some very fast growth in both products and staff and growing pains are never easy. There is not opportunity for individual career growth the way that many companies have, there does tend to be more hiring from outside than giving someone already here the ability to learn and explore their interest (and that is just from growing too fast that we can't bear the idea of letting someone leave what they are doing now and having to train and a desire to bring in someone that can hit the ground running). There are stressful days and hard times, but there is not a single day that goes by that I'd want to work anywhere else! I saw in a previous review someone noted the long hours employees are expected to work - what I can say is I do work long hours, I don't remember the last 8 hour day I had, but it's not an expectation.

Advice to Management

I love the vision of the company, and for the first time in a long time I see us starting down a path to fix the growing pains and make a real difference in systems and filling staffing needs where they are needed and not overbuilding where they are not. I've read the reviews on here, and sadly I find more humor in them than I should - I've been here many years and have yet to see anyone have a heart attack. I work the hours I work not because anyone asks me to, I do it because I want to see my company succeed and be a part of that! My advice to management - just keep going! Stick with this great team of people that we now have at the core of our success and talk to them and let them explore changes of interest if their work ethic proves to be one worth nurturing - the change for good are happening every day.

8. "Strong Company with Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

I have been working at ANPI full-time

Pros

ANPI is full of driven employees wanting to make the company a big success. My co-workers are among the smartest people in the telecommunications industry and they do everything in their power to please customers. Every staff member uses the communications solutions we develop, so we have real-life experience with the business phone service, portals and tools we sell.

PLUS: The company has the best benefits package of any company I've ever worked.

Cons

The company is growing and staff have had to endure a load of change.

Advice to Management

Keep steady with the vision and value the employees who work hard to make the company a success.

9. "Awful."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

I worked at ANPI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the professional folks left along time ago. For awhile the CEOs wife was working there ---- totally unprofessional working environment.

Cons

Maybe now that the founding CEO is gone maybe it will get better. Totally chaotic and political environment.

Advice to Management

Hire some professionals.

10. "ANPI Review"

Former Employee - Senior Network Administrative in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Network Administrative in Frisco, TX

I worked at ANPI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great technology, generous salary, nice people, nice offices.

Cons

Bad management, constant changes, people coming, people going, somewhat unorganized.

Advice to Management

Show more loyalty to employees.