AOTMP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tim Lybrook

1. "Great place to grow and be challenged"

Current Employee - Sales Support Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Support Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AOTMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work for a small and fast growing company. The chance to be challenged while learning new skills and improving on old skills.

Cons

None. If your looking for a party atmosphere this isn't the place. If you want a job where you can grow and improve and want to work hard AOTMP is the place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

"Just say no"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The promises are great! They will offer you the world.

Cons

The reality is not. I saw a review saying someone expecting a party atmosphere would not do well here. That is very true. However, most professionals are not seeking a party atmosphere. Some do enjoy working within a collaborative environment. That is not AOTMP. Some enjoy positive feedback. Again, no. If one were to look at the mass amount of people that have come and gone, you can see the high amount of turn over.

Fear is a main motivator here. You will be isolated. Paranoia will be used against you. Information will be provided on a need to know basis with key pieces hidden from you. If you express concern or interest, you have too much time on your hands. I was asked during my interview if I would sit for 8-9 hours straight without complaint. Not only a violation of workplace regulations, but inhumane.

Advice to Management

Your employees have moved on to great things after leaving you. Obviously you have an eye for talent. Chose to nuture that and not beat it down.

"This place is ran like a dictactorship"

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no PROS about this company. This place is like selling your soul to the devil without any of the glory attached to seeling your soul ...

Cons

Everything.

The owners encourage employees solely based on bully tactics and the employees are rewarded by being intimidated and humiliated and belittled in meeting and in front of others. This place is a REAL HR department nightmare full of moments where the touch of harassment lingers in the air ...i.e... a workplace based on an intimidating and hostile work environment.

How is it this company has not been busted by the EEOC...
    If these employees let the eeoc know exactly how this company operates this could be a class action lawsuit in the makings.

I do not understand what type of people or organization or business would ever invest in a company who are so unethical in most if not all of their day to day operations especially when it comes to the treatment of their employees (or the lack there of).

This place is pathetic and my advice is to run for the hills and do not be persuaded to work here no matter how great the compensation may seem because its simply another bait and hook method...do not take the bite.

I would never recommend my worat enemies to this company it is that bad. The worst place environmwnt lacks total morale and the oweners and the minions aka the upper mgmt is a joke and they are old fashioned and the good ole boy club mentality/ways and not willing to change so the place never gets out of this start up mode and the lack and willingness to change will keep them from true success.

I think it would be best to just shut the doors or better yet the donors and investors stop providing the means for this company to continue operating.

Advice to Management

Like they care ...

"This place should be so lucky if they just went up in a blaze of glory"

I worked at AOTMP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no good things to share and no matter how gard I try ... Still nothing positive about this company comes to my mind

Cons

Everything. Lousy owners .Lousy management. Lousy business practices that cross the line into eeoc territory. Lousy morale. Lousy business concepts very antiquated think from all the so called people in charge. Love to see this place shut down ... Effective immediately !!

Advice to Management

Please if they listened they probably could be one of the leading telecom companies in the world!!
    Fire yourselves and close the doors for good.

"Great Learning Experience..."

I worked at AOTMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a number of great ideas and amazing employees that work their hardest to execute on those ideas.

Cons

The employee turnover is very high for an environment classified as professional. Greater than a 100% turnover in the past year, from high level executives to the entry level employee. AOTMP has never taken responsibility for an employee leaving.

Employees are micromanaged with a constant "big brother" approach. The superficial "parties" seem to be more out of obligation and show than for building a positive company culture. Day to day employees work in their cubicles separated from others by high walls creating a very silo-like atmosphere. There are very few people who actually sit next to a co-worker. The implication is that if you're close enough to communicate, you won't get your work done or you'll talk negatively about the company.

Very "old school" mentality with regards to technology, dress code, and remote working. Technology is old, outdated, or non-existent. Dress code is business casual in a building where clients never visit. And 95% of the work is done from of an old computer or over the phone and could be done from anywhere in the world. It seems the only reason for inflexibility is a lack of trust with employees.

There is a wide disconnect between sales and operation, and an even bigger disconnect between executive leadership and employees who actually work day to day with clients. For clients, there is very little value add to the products as most are a "Churn and Burn" or "What else can we charge them to do?" mentality. Products feel more like consecutive money scams with little to no long term value. There is very little focus on process improvement for current products. Product names seem to change quarterly to try and bolster excitement about the new, actually old, revamped, with no actual changes, product. There seems to be a "squirrel!" or "shiny object" mentality with products versus a focus on improvement with existing products. Most new products are re-hashed ideas of earlier failed attempts at implementation with typically the same result. Insanity?

Advice to Management

Advice has been given to management by a number of employees at multiple times including an employee engagement project. Nothing of substance was ever implemented from the feedback. If management wants to change the culture and the turnover, they need to take a serious look at who actually delivers their product and take care of those employees. An annual cleaning house of employees is a very poor business model and hurts continuity with clients and products alike. TRUST your employees! If you don't trust them, how are they to trust you? Show sincere appreciation for employees. Every employee activity seems forced, stale and scripted with very little buy-in from employees. Be approachable. Always set realistic expectations with employees and clients regarding products, product updates, projects, work schedules, timelines, and resources. There should never be "CYA" mentality with a client or an employee.

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - BDR Enterprise Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - BDR Enterprise Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AOTMP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small enough company to negotiate what you need. Open door policy to HR b/c it's the owner! LOL (There is a problem behind that whole concept.) Alpha Owner isn't in the office much, but the office manager/co-owner/HR/"you don't know what you're going to get personality" is mostly in the office.

Cons

You feel all warm and fuzzy when you first arrive, but then you start seeing things that don't line up. Communication that is secretive and you feel out of the loop. Questions that no one can answer or then changing the answer to fit that void. Praises about making all this money in the past but no one knows how to get there. It's all a mystery or they have done so poorly in the past serving their large clients they don't want to do anymore business whatsoever with them. Also making statements that they don't want to make over a certain amount of money b/c they don't want to pay those taxes is a red flag when you are on the sales staff trying to make SOME money and nothing is working. Too much emphasis on the sales rep "cracking the code" when the owners don't even have a clue of how business works these days. The biggest problem I have with this small company is the cowardliness ways they took in letting the employees know that they were eliminating a whole department and terminating those folks. And because the PTO is so shotty you will get this information via email instead of in person. They do not truly care about their employees. It is all a what can you do for me type of environment. They also are the most passive aggressive people I have worked for which is not a positive work environment especially when you work for a department that is failing not because of lack of effort, but because of no direction on what success looks for in a Telecom environment.

Advice to Management

Instead of masking the problems dig deeper and know the true problems of the industry and the weird work environment. You can't run a small company successfully by acting like you have this huge corporation and not take anyone's advice on how to make it better. Stop focusing on the stupid rules and get to know what makes your employees have pride in their careers which makes the work environment better and the successes that much more meaningful.

"LIES LIES LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I worked at AOTMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If I could give this company ZERO stars, I would. Only pros are some of the people that work there that are NOT in management or have their heads up the owners behind.

Cons

There are so many I wish I had more space to write. There product they sell is ridiculous. they make stuff as they go and charge the customers an astonishing amount. That is so they can pay the high salaries for Managment. Every day the owner tries to con another investor into investing into something they will lose their money on. Mgmt thinks they are smart but they are nothing more than used car salesmen who never sell a car. They bully you as one of the other reviews states. When I was there, they asked everyone in the meeting to go to glassdoor and say nice things. they make you feel that if you don't do that, they will fire you. They threaten you, they harass you, they discriminate, they berate you. They don't trust you. They talk about you behind your back. And that's just the management team. please do yourself a favor. Go to LinkedIn. See how many people who have walked through the door and left. Ask yourself why? Reach out to them and ask for details. Do NOT get sucked in to this toxic environment. WORST CULTURE EVER.

Advice to Management

STOP sucking the lifeblood out of our people and start treating them with respect.

"Don't believe everything you read"

I worked at AOTMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wish I could say there is a pro to working here as I wasted a couple years of my life that I will never get back at a place that has an awful environment

Cons

Do not believe the positive reviews you are reading. After working there for several years it is quite obvious that some of the reviews have been falsified or employees that currently work there are being asked to write these lies. This is one of the worst work places I have experienced and they are on the verge of bullying their employees.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, give back to them, you and your company are only as good as the employees that work for you and all of the good ones have already left!

"Great Opportunity For Those Looking To Make A Difference"

Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AOTMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow along with a company that has a very unique product that is completely changing the telecom management industry. Leadership is very entrepreneurial and open to suggestions and ideas. Take true ownership of your position within the company and really help build it. Great group of very hard-working staff who have a vision for where we are going and the huge potential in the marketplace. Great place for those who have an entrepreneurial mindset, can see the big picture, and are willing to work hard to achieve success. Hard work but extremely rewarding!

Cons

As with any growing company, everyone wears many hats and has too much to do and not enough time to do it. Products continue to change and evolve; so you have to be open and flexible when that affects your department/job functions. Long sales process can be difficult for sales staff to understand - this is NOT a quick-sale; it's all about relationship building. If you are a clock-watcher, do not have a positive attitude or are not willing to go the extra mile, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to suggestions and feedback from staff; and understand that work-life balance is key for attracting and keeping great people on our team. A little flexibility can go a long way in employee satisfaction. We appreciate being trusted to do our jobs, and also appreciate the open-door policy that leadership has. Keep up the good work!

"Worst place ever!!"

I worked at AOTMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is only one pro to this place period. That is the amount of money that they offer you get you to work there.

Cons

They start by being so great through the interview process and your first 90 days. Then their true colors come out. They monitor your every move. At night the owner checks your computer to make sure you're not doing anything wrong. They walk around asking why you aren't on the phone. They manage by fear. If you're late they give you the stink eye. They call you out in meetings and embarrass you. And the worst part is that NO one at the top has a clue what they are doing. They are money hungry greedy people who pray on all the people they work with or are trying to get as customers. They have a horrible product that is ridiculously overpriced. If you are desperate for a job, take it but be careful and aware that they will try to destroy your morale and confidence. Also be aware that if you are interviewing and they find out, they will fire you.

Advice to Management

Just retire, move on, stop managing by fear, hang it up.