ATTO Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Klein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people!"

I worked at ATTO Technology full-time

Pros

Fun place to work. Easy to get along with everyone. Great industry.

Cons

Small company. Not a lot of extras.

2. "Set in their ways..."

I worked at ATTO Technology full-time

Pros

Cool tech, youthful employee population, company sponsored events

Cons

Rushed dev, high employee turnover (except Exec Mgmt), sterile environment

3. "Great products created with weak management."

Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer

I worked at ATTO Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with interesting technology and people.

Cons

Low pay. Management is weak. Very little accountability. "Good Ol Boys Club"

Advice to Management

Recognize those individuals who are putting forth the effort and reward them with promotions and increases in salaries. Also, recognize those individuals who are not putting forth the effort and ship them out. Increase your wages to align closer to an industry standard.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I worked at ATTO Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent and innovative high quality product line with world class CE support.

Cons

Engineering founders still run the show after 27 years. Great for the product development arena but frustrating for sales efforts. Don't expect things to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on the product front but hire a proven VP WW Sales and give the VP the tools to win the volume deals and strategic plays in the market.

"Frustrating and Turnover Heavy"

I worked at ATTO Technology full-time

Pros

Typically hire very good people at lower levels

Cons

Frustrating micro management at middle levels. Inflexible, impersonal management at higher levels.

Advice to Management

Get someone to run business based on more than hunches and value combination of volume and pricing to maximize revenue.

"Great group of people creating great products!"

Pros

Locally owned company in Western New York. Committed to creating and delivering high quality data storage connectivity products. The people are great! Casual working environment.

Cons

Limited availability of healthy food options in the break room.

"lack of innovation, excessive micro management"

I worked at ATTO Technology full-time

Pros

It's an "engineering" job, in buffalo, which can be hard to find. Some of the engineering managers work hard and try to take into account the opinions of employees. They do offer tuition reimbursement, although see below for cons regarding that. It looks decent on a resume and the work is sometimes interesting.

Cons

Excessive micro-management. Both in terms of time spent at work and problem solving process, which discourages innovation. They will provide tuition reimbursement but will not allow you to take classes during core hours, which severely limits what you are able to take. Work life balance is not very good, raises are pretty bad - 2% for a good performance review - and some engineering managers are very far removed from anything technical, which makes it difficult to talk to relate to them and make them understand the time and resources required for a certain task. Big company atmosphere in a small company - for example, if there is 6 feet of snow on the ground but not a driving ban in amherst, they will force you to take a personal day if you do not come to work. But, that's company policy. The turnover rate of employees is very high - probably 1/3 of the company per year. I did not enjoy my time at atto.

"Great jobs for Great People"

Current Employee - Engineering in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Engineering in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at ATTO Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time with ATTO Technology so far has been more than pleasant beginning with a phone interview with their Corporate Recruiter, followed the next week by on-site interviews with him again and my current supervisor (Both men live & breath the company culture: Driven, Kind, Friendly) My first few weeks included an hour or two of training to learn the technology industry, ATTO's culture/products/expectations, which were followed by my last two months of employment learning many different programming languages and operating systems which have already proven to be more than helpful in my position and career overall! My pay is more than fair when the laid-back environment, friendliness, advancement opportunities & employee benefits are taken into consideration. The work-life balance I have been able to achieve working for ATTO is leaps and bounds better than in my previous positions. I could see myself fostering a long-term career with ATTO Technology for this reason and the fact that we are rapidly expanding as a whole. due to an increase in demand of our industry-leading and high-quality products : )

Cons

A con of working at ATTO Technology would be the lack of awareness of this company in Buffalo. Their products are sold to large West Coast companies such as (Dell, HP, etc.) and I wish more people in the area knew about the great products and jobs this company offers right here in Buffalo!

Advice to Management

Keep training your new hires on the overall mission & product-lines of ATTO Technology. Also, use more resources to get your name out to colleges/clubs/businesses across the Western New York area.

"Rolling out of bed and not dreading the thought of having to go to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I have been working at ATTO Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The autonomy provided with my work is both very appreciated and has proven to drive upwards, my loyalty and dedication to the company. The absence of office politics combined with the presence of a business-casual environment, makes ATTO a relaxing yet stimulating place to work.

Cons

Like in any company, some areas are paid higher than others depending on the "impact" that department has on the company's overall sustainability. If I have to list a con, it would be the lower pay some departments receive in comparison to others. But then again, it is a business right?

Advice to Management

Keep up the autonomous environment! It is my personal opinion that employees are the most engaged when they feel as though they "own" a task or project they are working on and this engaged spirit is shown through many of ATTO's employees.

10. "Culture, Coworkers, Career Advancement"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at ATTO Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Coworkers, Career Advancement, Seems as though the HR department knows what they're doing in regards to hiring the right talent

Cons

So far, I have not noticed many cons. The only thing I can think of is the older styled work setting although it has been very relaxing and peaceful so far.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and staying ahead of the competition so I can still have a job in ten years! Business outlook is positive and the word about ATTO is definitely out there.