Absolute Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Robert Hartline

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Company, Great Opportunities, Flexible Scheduling"

Current Employee - Manager-In-Training in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager-In-Training in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Absolute for 3 1/2 years. The opportunities to sell here are both challenging and exciting. The company provides more than enough resources to help you be successful, and heavily rewards those who are successful. Scheduling is also very flexible, It is very easy to work full-time with a busy schedule outside of work. Upper management is also very transparent on things happening in the background, and easily accessible to employees at every level.

Cons

Commission is structured to reward top performers and those willing to go the extra mile to succeed. Average to below-average reps who fail to meet the required parameters for full commission payouts will earn significantly less than their counterparts. Same goes for store managers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and promote more from within!

2. "Shady dealings, poor values, negative culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Absolute Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made some good contacts, but nothing about the job was positive.

Cons

I was at Absolute Wireless and left on my own terms- as quickly as possible.

I've had good bosses and bad bosses, but never before have I had a boss who only cared about the bottom line.

If you're looking for a place that is going to have a positive culture and will allow you to grow in a career, this IS NOT the place for you. You will not learn new skills. You will not be trained properly. You won't achieve any goals, and you won't leave here with any skills you didn't already have.

The corporate office has a couple of employees who work hard and are there to help. The rest couldn't care less about what goes on day to day. As long as they work their 9-5, that's what makes them happy. Another reviewer commented and said they had to fix their own paychecks and beg for the money- they're absolutely correct.

They also disclosed EVERYONE'S personal information in a mass email about healthcare. They sent out SSN's, DOB's, what plan you selected, and several other bits of data. It's carelessness that has made them who they are: a company that willy nilly goes out and flies by the seat of their pants. Every. Single. Day.

They push people to makes sales that won't benefit the customer. When the owner sees any negative trend in the business model, he goes out and buys another cellular company and merges them together, then pretends he's done something productive.

Last, but not least- They never had items in stock. Ever. Their purchasing was done by one person who would order things as he "saw fit" and didn't appear to have any type of purchasing experience.

When I left (very recently) I didn't look back. A company like this doesn't deserve a 2 weeks notice, because believe me they won't give you a heads up if they're planning a change.

Save yourself the headache. Skip Absolute Wireless and their Dang It Repair world. It's not going to get you anywhere.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees. Your employees are the ones who are directly communicating with your customer base. Take care of them, and they'll take care of your clients. Continue to neglect them, and you'll continue to have poor turnover and be forced into more panic based business decisions.

The CEO is the foundation of the business, not just the beneficiary of the hard work put in by others. It's great that you have 4 houses, but when you don't put that money into the company, it shows. And we ALL saw it. Your DM's would complain to the hourly employees, your managers would complain to us. Everyone in the company would complain to us.

Be more effective at marketing. You can't expect people who have no experience to actually market your product. The whole "buddy" system of job placement is a problem.

Create a training program and hire qualified staff to work there. Don't get the bottom of the barrel $9/hour employees and then expect the world from them- it won't happen. Burger King has less turnover than this place. I saw at least 10 sales people come and go inside my tenure there.

Quit buying other businesses and acting like you're building an empire. It's insulting to everyone internally when you merge and then act like you've built something when all you've done is dilute the talent pool and make it harder for employees who work hard to succeed.

I actually cancelled my sprint service after leaving this job because I wanted nothing to do with a company that would franchise like this. I hope that Sprint's corporate team actually gets an inside look at how poorly it's ran and steps in and forces them to operate properly.

"High-pressure, sketchy retail sales."

I worked at Absolute Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you get a good manager, your day-to-day in the company will be tolerable. There's only a slight chance of that, though.

Cons

My main criticism of the company comes from the culture that it perpetuates. Salespeople are pushed to hit numbers, but their pay is a disproportionately small percentage of the profit they generate for the company. They are encouraged to make "the company" profit with little thought as to themselves. This high pressure also results in many inexperienced, desperate salespeople breaking rules and cutting corners to hit goals, resulting in misled, upset customers.

Any constructive criticism or attempt to "change things from the inside" is futile. The formula works for them, and it's up to you to realize that the deck is stacked against low- to mid-level employees.

Absolute also has no problem withholding pay from their employees. If you have been underpaid, due to a payroll error, the onus is upon you to notify them and try to fix it. If you are "overpaid", though, expect to have multiple hundreds of dollars directly pulled from your bank account without forewarning.

4. "Great enviroment to thrive and sell"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People, Great product, great earning potential

Cons

Holiday hours in retail can be challenging

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

5. "Company that honestly cares about employees as much as customers. Smart, fun and great company to work for."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cookeville, TN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Cookeville, TN

Pros

Pay, management, brand, fun, looking forward

Cons

There were none. I was happy the whole time.

6. "Ok job while in College"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Nashville, TN

Pros

Flexible with college students schedule

Cons

Don't expect to get your share of the commission. The owner will make outrageous stipulations immediately after a good sales month and will pocket all the commission from Sprint. High turnover rate. Management is a freaking joke. Benefits yea there are none.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say. They are puppets for the owner.

7. "Great company, great and caring leadership!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative/Manager In Training in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative/Manager In Training in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my second time working for Absolute Wireless. I love the company and the leadership. The district manager is always on top of things and ready to help in any way he can. The Vice President of Sales and Operations is a great person and is always available for help or advice. I have worked for other wireless retailers and I can honestly say that Absolute Wireless has the best leadership. Not many people can say they see or hear from their VP on a regular basis. This company cares about their people and not just in the work place. They understand a work life/ personal life balance and encourage it.

The company offers great benefits and a strong compensation package.

Cons

If you consider this a "down side" policies and procedures are constantly changing to accommodate the quickly changing field that we are in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I don't think we could ask for a better management staff to work for.

8. "Great Company w/ great people"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time

Pros

I came from Management roles in Large corporate companies. I was searching for a Stable company, Growing Company, Small business with a Big Business feel, and someone who would listen to me and value my opinion. They hit on everyone of them. When ever I need something / support in my store upper management jumps on it and help support me. They give me what ever tools I need to succeed. They give me the freedom to take care of my employees and my customers in the best way I feel possible as long as I am within guidelines. First company to give me the freedom to unleash my full potential truly be successful. Hope to see myself move up within the company into a larger role one day.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say from my perspective. but one thing that some people could view as a issue (i don't) is that we are constantly changing to adapt to new technology and strive to be better and more successful. So you do have to be able to adapt to changes and roll with them. I like the constant changes, because you can find what works and what doesn't work and build a better business and company.

9. "Manager"

I worked at Absolute Wireless full-time

Pros

Great compensation, great team, every day is different. Also, the benefits are awesome!

Cons

The training is a pain and it takes a while to get the hang of things. Sometimes the hours can be a little stressful because it is retail and the store is open all of the time.

Advice to Management

Invest in your team and make sure everyone feels like you are on their side.

"This company is a bunch of scam artists"

Pros

If you like your paycheck messed with habitually then this is the place for you!

Cons

Management got rid of certain part time employees and told those employees they are getting rid of all part timers. The lie detector test determind: THAT WAS A LIE. Then I heard from a past employee that they fired, due to that employee being part time, that when the employee tried to file unemployment they denied his request because 2 different managers told the unemployment office that the employee quit on his own. The lie detector test determind: THAT TOO WAS A LIE.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management? For starters...everytime you get a bad review on here, just accept it. The past two reviews that have been submitted are from upper management trying to fool people into thinking this is a good company. Final piece of advice, give this company to someone who cares about their employees. Give this company to someone that doesn't have tons of other projects or side work going on so that they can focus on absolute wireless. Although I'd probably change the name. Absolute has a horrible reputation from middle Tennessee to East Tennessee.