Accelerate Diagnostics Reviews | Glassdoor

Accelerate Diagnostics Reviews

Updated Nov 7, 2019

4.5
Accelerate Diagnostics President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Lawrence Mehren (no image)
Lawrence Mehren
  1. "Glad to be part of a company with a mission of helping improve critically ill patient outcomes"

Current Employee - Implementation Services in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture of transparency, ownership and responsibility. Our culture is the driving force and foundation for a highly action/goal-oriented company.

Cons

We operate at a high pace, downfall is that our suppliers or vendors do not always align with our urgency.

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-11-07
  2. "This job has been one of my favorites in my whole life!"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is a company of freedom and complete trust, our community is open and I feel I belong here. I feel supported by my co-workers, my opinions are heard, my participation is accepted, and I am an owner, we all are owners. I am learning most days new things and we are continuously changing and adapting.

Cons

One day soon I think we will need to hire someone who can deal much better with our reclining and disposable items all around. I think is possible to do much better, I think we could even get enough money of it to pay this person with all the process of this stuff!

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-11-07
  3. "Cool Place And Hard Work"

Current Employee - Management in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Culture. Open Work Environment. Beer on Tap! Important Mission!

Cons

Hard Work. Sometimes Long Hours

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-10-30
  4. "Work Hard-Play Hard-Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Director in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are encouraged to be innovative without fear of failure. We support each other by collaborating, openly sharing (even when not asked), and propping each other up when required as we all understand that we are works in process. We actively work to minimize bureaucracy. There are many company organized activities: breakfast and lunch meetings, weekly happy hour with beer on tap in the breakroom, yoga, exercise groups, etc. I've been here for over five years and have decades of experience but still learn something new each day. We have a team of brilliant scientists, operation and administrative staff which continually humble me. I'm so grateful to work with such talent and dedication. The instrument that we developed is revolutionary and will save patient lives - I like to think I play a part in that.

Cons

If you want a job where you show up to "do your time" or don't want to take responsibility for the success of the company, this isn't the place for you. We are all expected to act like owners and this sometimes means taking on something outside the job description. If this doesn't energize you, it won't be a good fit.

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-04-25
  5. "Amazing Company with a Life Saving Product"

Current Employee - Clinical Implementation in Boston, MA

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Accelerate for over two years and never regretted for one moment leaving traditional healthcare to join this team. The CEO and others in leadership roles are approachable, transparent and committed to saving lives. Having come from a very tightly controlled company this was a bit of an adjustment to be part of a collaborative and friendly supportive team. It's exciting to be in early with the only product on the market that provides really fast organism identification AND antimicrobial sensitivity test results in <7 yrs (while standard of care is anywhere from 2-4 days).

Cons

I am a remote worker and travel often but wish I was in Tucson more to interact with my co-workers more. But the Monday morning and Friday afternoon staff meetings where they review goals and projects keeps us connected and feeling like we are part of the culture.

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-04-22
  6. "A place experienced people appreciate working at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are given the ability to make decisions and suggestions that can be implemented quickly. There is a definite lack of being bogged down with endless meetings and committees before a decision is made. The company empowers and trusts you to do the job you were hired to perform until proven differently. The atmosphere is one of camaraderie and transparency. You are free to speak and your voice is heard. I am appreciated for my contributions.

Cons

It can be off putting to work in a transparent company. If you are not used to working in an environment with minimal policies and open conversations it can be a little difficult to get used to at first.

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-04-19
  7. "The best company, culture, experience and product"

Current Employee - Commercial Development Director in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best innovative product that saves lives. Everyone who works at Accelerate are putting their heart and soul into their work. From my experience in 12 years, Accelerate has the best marketing team that I have ever worked for. From top down, the WHY behind what we do is strong and practiced daily. I work with top experts in the field. There is no ego anywhere to be found. It feels like a family and we are all treated like family. At Accelerate, we truly have the customers' best interest in mind. The culture of having fun, working hard to save lives and celebrate when we have small wins is refreshing. For the first time in my life I work with enthusiasm and excitement with a sense of purpose. I don't ever want to retire as long as AXDX stays true to hits core values.

Cons

I really can't think of any. Coming from a giant company where problems took forever to get fixed and management was less transparent, AXDX is a sanctuary to work at.

8. "Life-Saving Technology"

Current Employee - Commercial Development Director

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accelerate Diagnostics is a game-changer that has created life-saving, break-through diagnostics for patients with severe infections.

Cons

Brand new technology can take longer to gain acceptance.

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-04-16
  9. "Groundbreaking company and technology!"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

A transparent and ethical company who cares about it employees and the customers they serve. Provides many opportunities to grow and truly contribute to the company.

Cons

Not really a con, but you must be self-motivated and willing to work hard and and be creative.

Accelerate Diagnostics2019-04-17

"Great Company of Doers"

Current Employee - Microbiologist

I have been working at Accelerate Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic level of energy from everyone working here. Everyone has the same goal and even when you may not see eye to eye with someone you know that deep down their intentions are for the betterment of the company. There is plenty of room for personal and professional growth here, and there is a HUGE emphasis on employees growing into bigger and better things within the company.

Cons

Very fast paced. You need to be someone who is willing to adapt and take on responsibilities to really thrive here. Often times plans change immediately, it can sometimes be hard to stay on track if you aren't on top of your workload and your needs from other people/departments.

Found 43 reviews