Acorns Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Professional Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Acorns full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is great. Management is aware and responsive. Great atmosphere, couldn't ask for a better place to be employed. Free snacks, coffee, soda, and weekly lunch? Amazing! Benefits are also excellent. Definitely competitive with the like of Amazon.

Cons

No significant cons. Maybe could offer commuter benefits to include toll roads reimbursement. Other than that I'm very satisfied. I've seen worst processes from older companies that are very archaic and Acorns really stands out on pivoting with the times.

Sep 18, 2017 – Acorns People Team

We appreciate your thoughts! Our goal is to continuously improve and provide the best place to work for our team. We're happy you're having a great experience and your suggestions are noted!

"Finally."

I have been working at Acorns full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, creative culture, transparent, constant innovation, accessible leadership, work/life supportive, committed to the mission

Cons

I've worked in a few places. No place is perfect, but there are no cons worth noting. I'm lucky to be here.

Sep 18, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We're lucky to have you!

"Amazing Passion and Growth"

I have been working at Acorns full-time

Pros

Working here has been amazing. I have never been part of a company with such a great mission and have our customers best interest. Its rewarding to know that everything you do here is to make the life of our customers better.

The amount of people here who are passionate about our mission is insane. A lot of extremely talented people all with the same goal in mind. Its truly refreshing.

Cons

No real cons here. With a lot of growth and goals there is always something to do. We keep pushing to make the best product ever. This means its a lot of work some times but I dont think thats a con.

Aug 24, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Thank you for your comments. We truly have a great, passionate team and we're glad that you are part of it. Thanks for your work in continuing to push us forward.

4. "Mission first"

Pros

It's hard to express the importance of what we are doing here at Acorns and it's hard to explain how meaningful it is to come into work every day and feel that motivation. Everything I've done before it has felt more like a job.

Cons

All of the issues - and of course there are issue - are relatively small in the face of the mission.

Advice to Management

Keep driving home the mission in every way possible - to the team, users, and the world at large.

Aug 24, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Your feedback is appreciated! It means a lot when you say this is more than a job for you. We feel the same way and we look forward to fulfilling the mission with your help!

"Growing into a mighty company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Acorns full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a ton both from the work and the team. Reflecting back on my time at the company, I realize it was the best job I've had thus far. I left for a more traditional gig but I miss the open, collaborative environment and the sense of purpose that the company and product stand for.

Cons

At the time I was looking for something more traditional and "stable" but Acorns manages to keep growing into a company while keeping the startup thing alive. There were some process issues. Sometimes communication wasn't clear.

Advice to Management

Stay scrappy while you grow up. It's what made the place awesome. Keep hiring great people. I hear that the company has brought in lots of great new people. Don't ever forget about the people there who've helped get you where you are. Keep the purpose alive. Don't mess it up.!!!

Jun 5, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience with us. We always appreciate those who reflect back and continue to help us grow. We are building a great company with a great team. Keeping... More

"Proud to be a part of this team"

I have been working at Acorns full-time

Pros

- Great, passionate team
    - Open, inviting culture
    - Sense of purpose
    - Great product
    - Challenging work
    - Opportunities for growth
    - Good benefits for a startup

Cons

- No 401K match (though they do offer one)
    - Open layout can be distracting
    - Lots of growth, which is good, but also sometimes pretty demanding

Advice to Management

Today, it feels like everyone has a voice. I hope we maintain that culture as we continue to grow.

Apr 10, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm really happy to hear you say everyone has a voice. It's a critical part of our success and we will undoubtedly work hard to keep that at the core of our... More

"Growing Mighty Oaks"

I have been working at Acorns full-time

Pros

The pros of working at Acorns are numerous:

-A product that is actually helping people take control of their financial well-being.
    -A team that truly believes and embodies our mission and values.
    -A culture that embraces innovation, openness, and a people-first mentality.
    -A group of individuals who are willing and able to help one another grow in their careers.

Acorns is unique in that they put their team members first. There is a visible push towards continued feedback and transparency, focused on making Acorns the best possible work environment. The people here seem to genuinely connect on a personal level, and care about one another’s aspirations and career growth.

There is also plenty of food and coffee to keep everyone happy.

Acorns is truly a great place to work, especially after having experienced other companies whose work environments and cultures simply do not compare. We are definitely on our way to growing mighty oaks.

Cons

There really aren't any.

Advice to Management

As we grow, we should definitely try our best to build and maintain the culture that already exists at Acorns.

Apr 10, 2017 – Acorns People Team

We're grateful for your comments. We are always making efforts to improve - individual growth, transparency and constant improvement are areas we're care deeply about. I'm happy to hear that you see... More

"ACORNS is a GPTW!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Acorns full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for a few years and have seen the start-up ups and downs. But it is really about what we are doing, we offer investing to anyone!
    I come to work everyday for several reasons.
    With over 100 employees now, I work with the bestest group of people ever! They inspire me to achieve more!
    You definitely can't starve while working at Acorns...from the snacks, cold brew coffee and weekly lunches. You can always find something to eat!
    We travel on scooters from one side of the office to the other.
    The work environment is positive and creative!

Cons

I don't have any cons for working at Acorns.

Mar 13, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Thanks for the feedback! We agree that we have the best team in the industry! Thanks for your dedication and for making Acorns a great place to work.

"We're building something that actually matters"

I have been working at Acorns full-time

Pros

Amazing opportunity to build products that actually matter and can materially and positively impact people's lives. There are way too many useless 'empty calorie' apps out there, but we're helping people achieve financial wellness. Even a few years in, we're just getting started on tackling financial wellness for the up-and-coming. It's very exciting to see the current growth trajectory (already helping millions of Americans!) and product roadmap we've got scoped out for the next 10 years (yes, 10 years!).

Cons

The mission is huge, so there's a lot to get done in not enough time. If you believe in the mission, you'll be energized. If you think financial wellness is not a worthwhile cause, then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep us rallied around the mission through meaningful work and transparency. We're all in this together.

Apr 10, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. You're right that there is a lot to tackle and we're all in this together. As you mentioned, the mission is huge. We're a mission driven company and... More

"Best Company I've Worked For"

I have been working at Acorns full-time

Pros

After working for Acorns for two years, I can easily say it's the best company I've worked for.

I've worked for a number of startups over my career. I've seen it all. I've been through high-stage growth, re-org after re-org, new CEO's, as well as successes and failure at the product level.

This is what I've learned:
    1. You have to have an exceptional product.
    2. You need leaders you trust.
    3. You have to have buy-in support for what you can do and bring to the company.
    4. You need to work with people who ask you to be better.

Acorns checks all of these boxes and then some.

Our leaders understand the world isn't waiting for us. We're creating a new world. A bold statement, but truly, prior to Acorns - No product like this existed. Our Executive team understands the impact of this product not only in tech and finance, but within our customer's lives. Our leaders have gone through acquisitions, sold companies, built amazing products, cultivated empowering environments. I trust them in their decisions.

Our people care about one another, our mission and our customers. That passion is tangible from the moment you speak with any employee. Our environment can be stressful at times, but always it's that good type of stress that challenges you to be better. The mixture of freedom and accountability we've struck creates an environment full of opportunities. There is nothing but yourself standing in the way of achieving your goals. Employees who know what they want to achieve and are willing to work to accomplish it, find this environment to be ripe for growth and development.

Cons

Trials exist at any company that's trying to make their mark. You're going to make mistakes, but hopefully you learn from them. As a relatively young company, we can experience a degree of uncertainty and change in regard to the day to day activities and objectives we're working toward.

Feb 17, 2017 – Acorns People Team

Thanks for the great feedback! It's so reassuring to hear that our team not only understands what we're trying to do, but also shares the same passion and drive that we do. We're happy you are with... More