Acorns Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.2
Acorns CEO Noah Kerner  (no image)
Noah Kerner
Pros
  • "Unlimited PTO and lax vacation policy in the pre covid era(in 7 reviews)

• "Work environment: it is absolutely work hard, play hard but they prioritize wellness and work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The usual growing pains of transitioning from a family run start up to more corporate environment(in 6 reviews)

• "little to no(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Open to new ideas

May 2, 2021 - Coustomer Service Representative in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Acorns is always looking to improve, so it’s a great company for movers and shakers who are looking to settle into a role where their ideas will be heard, respected, and given a chance.

Cons

If you’re more of a traditional type, you can still make it work here but you probably won’t enjoy it as much.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far, working at Acorns has been an enjoyable and rewarding experience

Mar 21, 2021 - Customer Support Representative in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with the company for a relatively short period of time, but I already feel more than qualified to provide a review of what it’s like to work here because there’s no “smoke and mirrors” to working at Acorns. What you see is what you get. It’s a refreshing change of pace from my previous corporate experience and I’m looking forward to being with this company for quite some time. Here are the pros to working at Acorns: Higher than average salary (my starting pay was much higher than I expected) Collaborative work environment (teamwork is central to almost every project) Values-driven mission (helping people save their money is rewarding work) Nice perks and benefits (medical, dental, vision, PTO, etc.) Encouraged to save (everyone at the office is encouraged to use the app to help them save)

Cons

There aren’t many cons to working at Acorns, but I’ve noticed the following: Upper management aren’t very approachable (I’ve only spoken with the CEO once) Office politics are still a thing (I was hoping at a start-up this wouldn’t be the case)

3. 5.0

No complaints so far

Apr 26, 2021 - QA Engineer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything I’ve experienced/seen/noticed so far has been a pro. At this point it’s almost easier just to categorize everything so that you can get a better sense of what it’s like to work here and so I can organize my thoughts. Coworkers The people I work with directly are fantastic! I’ve never met a better, more talented and intelligent group of people. Especially coming off of my last job where everyone I worked with was varying shades of incompetent, this office feels like a breath of fresh air. When I ask someone for an update or need help on a project I feel confident in their ability to give me full and honest answers that won’t just create more issues for me to solve. Managers I haven’t had too much experience yet with senior management. They’re not a bad group though. Anytime I have interacted with one of them they’re friendly enough and they always remember my name and what I do at the company, so that’s good. But my direct supervisor is outstanding. Cares about my job satisfaction, future career goals, and also that I’m achieving a decently healthy work/life balance. It’s a professional relationship, but one grounded in mutual respect and compassion. Salary and benefits The pay was actually the reason I took the job in the first place. I was miserable at my last job and I started sending out feelers to other companies. I was considering a few different ones when I interviewed with Acorns and they gave me a figure for my starting salary that I just was not expecting. I stopped my search that day and the rest is history. So if you’re wondering whether you’re going to be paid what you’re worth here, my answer is yes. That, and probably more. The benefits are also good. Medical isn’t too expensive and they cover more than I’m used to. Everything related to the day-to-day The work can be stressful at times, especially when there’s a tight turnaround on a critical project. But for the most part it’s a very collaborative environment. The work we do is interesting. It’s always communicated how we’re contributing to the overall success of the company as a whole and there’s an emphasis on customer satisfaction that makes each day feel worthwhile. I would never be one to say that helping people take control of their finances is my passion in life, but it is extremely rewarding when I stop and think about it. My overall opinion My opinion of Acorns based on the last year and a half with the company is extremely high. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if I ended up staying with the company until retirement. I’m getting everything I ever wanted from a career, so there’s no reason to even consider leaving.

Cons

Like I said, I don’t really have anything to complain about at the moment.

4. 5.0

Excellent training & support

Jan 27, 2021 - Customer Support in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From my very first day with the company it has been abundantly apparent that they fully invest in every single employee. Even if you come in with a plethora of past experience and knowledge, their training is so well constructed and thorough that it’s, in my opinion, one of the most valuable introductions to a company and my future role within that company that I’ve ever received. I’ve never once been uncertain about the company’s expectations or what’s required of me (both long-term and on a day-to-day basis), likely because the support managers provide is active rather than passive. They don’t wait for employees to come to them to give guidance and advice, they go out of their way to reach out to everyone on their team to make sure that everything is understood and clarified. One time, my manager even approached me to discuss a specific aspect of one of the projects we were working on that he felt needed clarification because, on second thought, he realized that it was even slightly confusing to him. I can’t imagine a better environment to be working in than the one created by the management team at Acorns.

Cons

Everything pales in comparison to how well the company is run and how much support is provided to employees.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Constant growth and improvement!

Mar 26, 2021 - Software Engineering in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think I have a unique experience of working at Acorns since I was hired on just before the worst of the pandemic kicked in. But unlike a lot of other companies I saw, Acorns didn’t back down from the challenges that 2020 presented. The management team and every member of staff was invested in the company’s growth and continued success. It was incredible and I think, also, very indicative of the kind of company I’m working for. One that gauges success on more than just dollars and cents.

Cons

This is NOT the place for slackers. You need a strong work ethic and team mentality to succeed at this company. If you don’t have either of those, I recommend not even bothering applying.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Plenty of opportunity to work your way up

Apr 28, 2021 - Executive in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is always looking for new hires who are willing to put in the effort and work their way up the career ladder. It just takes a little gumption and some creativity and you’ll be exactly where you want in no time.

Cons

Starting out the pay isn’t anything special. But they’re good about matching your pay to your value.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Out with the old and in with the new!

Apr 18, 2021 - Growth Marketing Associate in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management got rid of several employees who hadn’t been pulling their weight and had no vision for the future of the company. Since then, we’ve been doing much better overall and the new hires are fitting into their roles nicely.

Cons

Not a con, but don’t expect to stay with the company just because you know what you’re doing. If you’re not a good fit for the culture and you’re not pulling your weight, you won’t last long.

8. 5.0

Vision and Growth

Apr 29, 2021 - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Building a brighter financial vision for everyone. This is something I can put my all into. - Rapidly growing company in product offerings and bringing in bright talent. - Leadership is clear where we are headed and communicate that frequently.

Cons

Get ready to work hard and fast.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience from start to finish

Apr 25, 2021 - Data Science Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the day I was hired on to the day I put in my 2 weeks notice I enjoyed working at Acorns and I can’t imagine ever regretting my time here.

Cons

There was nothing wrong with the company, I just felt the pull to try something new.

10. 5.0

Good, hardworking people

Apr 5, 2021 - QA Engineer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone pulls their own weight around here. I think it comes with the territory of working at a start-up, but no one here is afraid of a little hard work. Especially not if it means greater rewards in the future.

Cons

I think of cons as being deal-breakers. Things that would make me consider leaving the company at some point in the future, and I’m happy to say that so far I haven’t noticed anything of the sort.

1 person found this review helpful