Acro Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acro President & CEO Ron Shahani
Ron Shahani

Pros
Cons
  • No benefits, although access to their plans which you pay for 100% (in 5 reviews)

• Management makes you feel "small" and doesn't show interest in your suggestions (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great job Abdul & Iram"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

They have been the best of help to me an I value them an the work that they do. I am grateful

Cons

They are very hard workers

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!! Thank u Abdul& Iram

2. "Great Company, Ideal Contracting"

Current Employee - PC/Network II in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - PC/Network II in Chester, VA

I have been working at Acro (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly Staff, Anytime there is a problem, if there is a problem, they waste no time correcting it.

Great Pay, had several offers from different companies but Acro offered much more than anyone else for the exact same position. Originally I was against contracting, But these guys make contracting worth while. Other companies out there are really not worth it. I took a chance, moving from a full time secure federal positions. No regrets.

Cons

Not too many cons, enjoyed my time.. I can say that you don't speak to them much after hire but they have taken steps to better themselves in that department over the last few months. I get monthly touch bases now and calls just to make sure everything is going well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've worked with other contracting agencies and there are some really crap companies out there. You guys are great.

"company philosophy does not apply to temps"

Former Employee - Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Fast interview and selection.
    Fair compsensation

Cons

No paid time off
    Recruiters call you even when you are already placed by them. Constantly. Like 3-5 times a week.

Advice to Management

Offer paid time off after so many hours of work for contractors. A small token of appreciation goes a long way and impresses clients too

5. "Not a very good contracting company"

Former Employee - Associate Materials Engineer in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Materials Engineer in Novi, MI

I worked at Acro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were always quick to get back to you via email or phone which was always nice when I had an urgent question.

Cons

Inconsistent answers to questions I had when I first started working there. It was also very hard to understand some of the people I had to talk to over the phone.

"Not for me"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at Acro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Telecommuting, flexibility and middle management were all positives.

Cons

Family run business, children in positions that they are no where near equipped for. Have no "outside" of Acro experience/skills in sales, business and business management. No vision or tolerance towards differing opinions. Discipline doled out publicly, angrily and at times without foundation.

Feb 22, 2017 – Director of HR

We are sorry to hear this was your experience and view of Acro. Actually we value the contribution of team work and encourage a collaborative environment as we believe differing opinions strengthen ... More

"Failed Its Employees"

Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acro full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They get contracts to fill, but thats the most they service their employees

Cons

Fail to properly account for their employees money, I was a highly paid employee that got $300 pay checks, due to thier louse accounting practices, Because of this i had to find a new employer, ACRO remember your product is your employees, if you treat them bad then your product sucks.

Advice to Management

Fire your accounting department and managers.

Feb 22, 2017 – Director of HR

We are sorry to hear this was your experience. We do process payroll for our 4500 contract associates usually without issue, however there may be an occassional situation here and there. Once ... More

8. "HR Generalist"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro (More than a year)

Pros

Goal driven and team oriented atmosphere

Cons

not particularly any cons. just needs system boost for processes and procedures.

Sep 8, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We think Acro is a pretty great company that is goal driven and team oriented as well! As for the processes and procedures, we are constantly striving to ... More

9. "Consistently Recognized as a "Best & Brightest" Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Acro has consistently been recognized locally and nationally as one of the 101 Best & Brightest Companies to work for by the National Business Resources Association. This award is bestowed based on commitment to best practices in HR and by surveying not only the company, but also the employees and gaining and evaluating feedback related to the company's HR practices. Receiving this award is a great distinction as literally thousands of companies vie for this honor and only the top 101 receive this prestigious recognition! I am proud to work for a company committed to making this company one of the Best & Brightest places to work!

Cons

Every company has something it can work on, as we must never cease striving to improve! But overall this is a great company, providing a great work environment, and the opportunity to grow one's skill set both personally and professionally!

Aug 9, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review. We think we are the best, because we have the brightest, and we are proud to have them shine with us!

"DON'T ACCEPT A JOB WITH THIS COMPANY!!!"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

The employee relations specialist is always pleasant. However, the responses coming from him sound like he's been programmed.

Cons

When I initially started working with this company, I had to give a unpleasant review due to the way my employment was handled.
    Recently, they discovered an error in payment for the company they placed me with. Instead of correcting the error with the company, they deducted from my recent paycheck. In other words, I worked for free for a period of time. Today is August 26, 2016; the error occurred June 19, 2015!!
    You have to wonder, who's doing their books in accounting?

My advice to anyone looking at ACRO for a job; keep looking. You will not regret it.

I would leave them, but I would have to quit my current job for 90 days before I could go through another contract company.

Sep 8, 2016 – Director of HR

We are sorry to learn that you feel this way. We work very diligently to provide top notch internal customer service to each of our employees and we are always compliant with the payroll rules and ... More

"New Contractor"

Current Employee - Senior Project Management Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Management Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Acro (Less than a year)

Pros

No nonsense aggressive, quick job placement. Quick response time. Personable staff. Good technology tools. Response time to inquiries is prompt and courteous.

Cons

Communicaton issues are sometimes difficult. Employee benefits are limited. No paid vacation.

Advice to Management

Let contract employees know they are valued and have HR reps frequently check-in and communicate so that employees feel engaged and part of team.

Jul 1, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate the feedback! Actually each "contractor" is assigned an Employee Relations representative to work with directly. The expectation is that the ER rep ... More