Cover image for Advanced Brain Monitoring

17% Recommend to a Friend

Found 16 of over 16 reviews

1.9

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
    There are no pros to display at this time.
Cons
  • "CEO is nice, but allows his behavior to continue unchecked and oftentimes riles him up complaining about employees.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-Paced Biotech Company

Feb 28, 2015 - Project Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at ABM provided me opportunity to gain skills in product development as well as neuroscience research. The CEO is an excellent leader who provides direction and welcomes input from employees at all levels. I was hired straight out of college as a Research Associate and was encouraged to take on responsibilities beyond the scope of my position that interested me both professionally and personally. The skills I developed working at ABM have directly contributed to my career progression.

Cons

ABM is a company with many interests and products, requiring it's employees to be able to manage diverse responsibilities simultaneously. Working for a small company requires you to take on large and small scale tasks.

2. 1.0

Control freak managers

Jan 15, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learn a lot from some good mentors and my talented co-workers.

Cons

Despite a few good ones, most of the management are people who seem unstable and act like control freaks. These managers are very toxic toward anyone who is below their position, as they want everything to be done the way they want. They are control freaks who want things to go according to their vision, despite their vision inefficient or nonsensical.

3. Join the Advanced Brain Monitoring team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee

BEWARE! THIS WORKPLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Oct 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing useful come to mind. Perhaps it is because I didn't like my short stay here and the huge challenges I faced. BEWARE!

Cons

Working at this company was the MOST STRESSFUL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. From the day one, it was clear that there was huge staff shortages, and the upper management was reluctant to do anything about it. They expected employees to handle more workload than they could imagine and and get everything done quickly. As a result, every employees was exhausted and handled an INSANE WORKLOAD.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Working with a control freak management felt so TOXIC

Dec 27, 2022 - Clinical Research Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were a few interesting people, colleagues and they were ok, who got used to being yelled at

Cons

Working with mentally unstable, control freak management felt so TOXIC it was SUFFOCATING!! The smallest mistake was made a big deal, were yelled at, and treated like a CRIME, it was INSANE!!

6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Not minority friendly

Oct 21, 2022 - Manufacturing Technician I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flex schedule is the only good thing in the company pay is good if you fresh out of high school

Cons

Discriminatory unprofessional behavior from top management really stressful environment micromanaging to the max your work won’t be appreciated they won’t back you up and let bully an harassment go unnoticed as long as it benefits the company there is one employee who drink at work all the time if you are minority beware they will make you feel outcasted you will hear some racial slurs here an there but everyone thinks is fine cause they make it seem like a joke HR won’t help is non existent in that company plus you will be crucified if you try to approach management or hr about your problem overall is a very toxic environment with unprofessional people not all but some

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Experience to add to resume.

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. Benefits from day one. Lots experience in different areas of the company you will be exposed too. Lots of individual work for those who are not social butterflies.

Cons

HR is non-existent. No communication between departments whatsoever. Expected to pick-up others people slack without compensation or even so much as a thank you. Don't expect a raise or review after your 90 day, 6months , 12 months, Maybe 24 months. Overall stressful environment.

8. 1.0

Unreliable and unstable CEO

Jun 19, 2022 - Research Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to earn way more than my basic salary becuase of overtime work which was mandatory. We didn't have any other choice but to work longer hours.

Cons

This place was being run by a rude, micromanaging and mentally and emotionally unstable CEO who would get mad for small mistakes, would shout and nat at employees. Whenever the CEO was around, all of us were on the edge of our seats because we're not sure hot to move freely anymore.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Too rigid and unbending

Feb 10, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

If your sole aim is to learn how the industry works or how a company functions, you can easily get it here

Cons

The company's management was too set in its ways. They were rigid and unbending about making good changes like shifting employees from an overstaffed department to an understaffed department.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with some issues.

Feb 24, 2021 - Client Support Associate in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tight knit company with good leadership, great benefits, and at the forefront of technology and research.

Cons

Understaffed in some areas and not willing to transfer human resources as needed to some areas.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to learn and grow

Feb 1, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the moment I started on the Neurotechnology Research Team, it was a lot of fun and very dynamic. Some of the projects we worked on we're just awesome and constantly pushing the envelope of what's possible in new technology to understand the brain. No junk science. That was really important to me.

Cons

It's best to think of it as more of a start-up and a small business than a big medical device company. You do a lot of everything. Be ready to wear many hats and experiment in your role. Advice for Management: I just simply appreciate the environment they created as I learned a lot about the direction I want to take my career long term.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews
</>Embed

Advanced Brain Monitoring Reviews FAQs

Advanced Brain Monitoring has an overall rating of 1.9 out of 5, based on over 16 reviews left anonymously by employees. 17% of employees would recommend working at Advanced Brain Monitoring to a friend and 16% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -28% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Advanced Brain Monitoring employees rate their compensation and benefits as 1.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Advanced Brain Monitoring. This rating has decreased by -29% over the last 12 months.

17% of Advanced Brain Monitoring employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Advanced Brain Monitoring 2.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 1.7 for culture and values and 1.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Advanced Brain Monitoring to be coworkers, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture, management, senior leadership.