Advanced Call Center Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Joe Lembo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Full time work with many overtime availabilities (in 9 reviews)

• Great people and an awesome job if you like to work alone (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate, low pay rate if phone associate (in 15 reviews)

• Had extremely high turnover rate (in 7 reviews)

1. "We just keep Growing"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to be part of the decision making process and constantly rolling out new projects. Pay is good and I expect it will continue to get better.

Cons

Some of the "ways" ACT is trying to leave behind are not being left quickly enough

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. "Not my first choice"

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Luis, AZ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Luis, AZ

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers nice bonus paid for lunch 3-4 times a month

Cons

Out source agents from Mexico/micro management/theft and this all at the San Luis location

Advice to Management

Clean house again

3. "Customer Service Agent"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent in North Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent in North Logan, UT

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're good on the phone, this is probably one of the better workplaces in the area. My coworkers mostly came from other call centers and said ACT was their favorite.

Some clients will make you laugh or their appreciation will make your day.

You're in a cubicle environment, but appearance matters less than most other office jobs because clients never see you. The more well-dressed, high-performing, and punctual you are, the quicker you'll advance, but to get hired and work as an agent, you can wear whatever you like within reason. Jeans are OK as long as clean and no holes. You can have whatever wild color of hair ... lot of room for self expression.

Fun Coworkers, Ping Pong Table, Pajama Days, Free Soda Days, Paid Training, Flexible Schedules after training, often overtime. Decent breakroom with a variety of snacks and multiple fridges.

As long as you don't have a felony or drug problem, you'll likely get hired on the spot or soon after your interview. Most days are busy so time passes quickly once you're on the call floor. It's tough to get fired without doing something truly awful.

There are some discounts for stores and restaurants. Example: I got a Sam's membership for a year. I paid up front, but it was basically free after I used the associated discounts.

I learned some new things I use in everyday life, though some make me a bit paranoid. That's not always a bad thing, though!

Overall, not a bad place to work, especially if you're just trying to get some work experience. Because you can advance quickly, you may even get a supervisor or trainer role before you leave. There are also many locations, including Jamaica. You might be able to relocate somewhere you love and not worry about looking for a job while you get settled.

Cons

The area you're working in may be very drab and depressing. No windows, blah paint, ugly lighting. You do get to personalize your cubicle a bit.

Like most call centers, you have metrics to meet and it's hard to be in control of all those factors with calls varying based on customers. You could be the lucky duck that gets 10 tough, time-consuming customers in a row.

No phones, no pens, no paper for security reasons. If you get a slow day, sucks to be you. Can't even doodle or do homework. At least you can have rubix cubes, fidget spinners, and other toys.

You have to ask for bathroom breaks. No fun for those with IBS, heavy periods, etc. Also makes you feel like a 4th grader needing a hall pass.

Most of the people you love will quit. Turnover is high. Not everyone is call center material. I certainly was not. Training is pretty boring, even with the funniest teachers.

Kronos sucks! Punctuality is paramount and tough to achieve with the computer systems loading slowly. You can only clock in 5 minutes early, so getting there super early to avoid lateness is pointless. The same goes for lunches. If an old lady walks out in front of you on the street, management talking in the halls, or if there's some other issue beyond your control that makes you a hair late, you get dinged. If you mess up your time card, it's highly frowned upon ... more so than any other workplace I've been in ... and sometimes, it's the computer's fault it's messed up.

Like with most jobs, certain supervisors are not pleasant. There are some icky politics there. Part of the reason I quit was because a coworker we all liked was driven to tears, and quit after being falsely accused of a crime without solid evidence. One of the accusers was very unprofessional. Can't say for sure, but he may have even framed the accused. Either way, he had a habit of bad-mouthing other employees. The person he accused never did so, and always treated him with respect.

Advice to Management

Work on stream-lining the systems used. They were far too clunky and tedious. Most things should be able to be done from the same screen without remembering a ton of little rules. It's should be an easy job, but it's not always due to a crappy interface. Hire some good programmers and testers. If you've got employees with their hands up constantly, and it has nothing to do with obscure policies, you've got a problem! Fix it. The companies you contract with certainly have the money to help remedy this.

Knock out part of those walls and put in some windows or at least purchase some more natural-looking indoor lighting. Brighten up the place with more color and plants. It's painfully depressing.

Be at least a little more lax about punctuality. Most better companies I've worked for gave 5-11 minutes grace when it came to tardiness. It seems like so little, but it can make a huge difference some days. If you haven't already, put prices or approximate amounts on the break room snacks and drinks. It's annoying to void at the register.

Let people have as many restroom breaks as they need. Certain medications and illnesses mean some folks need to potty more.

Create an "OK to curse" line. Customers can call this line and use profanity, as can the agent working with them. Something relaxed where both parties can let loose, feel comfortable, and have a measure of solidarity when it comes to tough problems.

Pay more and/or get more affordable benefits, especially if you've got no plans of fixing problems any time soon. It takes $17 or more per hour for people to get by. They shouldn't have to work under so much pressure and scrimp that hard.

4. "Act job"

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies part-time

Pros

Great people and an awesome job if you like to work alone!

Cons

Horrible working conditions, short notice on schedule changes and/or mandatory overtime. Lack of help from supervisers.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Review Review"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good if you want to get into the call center customer service field and gain experience and knowledge of how everything normally works in a call center as a customer service agent.

Cons

a lot of cons, but if you don't mind the drama, and just keep your head down and do the work, cons should not bother you.

Advice to Management

be better, we all can be better, even normal people see the holes and discrepancies in management, which means management should be more aware of these and hopefully find some solutions to make the work environment better.

6. "Very poor pay for expectations"

Former Employee - CSR-1 in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - CSR-1 in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great first job for someone who has no work experience at all to add experience to their resume and skill set

Cons

Pay is very poor for what is expected of you, you start at $9 an hour, all calls are for
    collections

7. "Don't stay for too long"

Former Employee - Fraud Agent
    Former Employee - Fraud Agent

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I took inbound calls and most of the calls were routine. Got to speak to all kinds of different personalities.

Cons

Every now and then I would get bizarre calls which i wasn't trained to handle, Got yelled at every couple of days by angry customers but that par for the course since it is a call center. Pay was way too low for the type of work we did and raises did not exist for us. Only way to get an increase in pay is to be lucky enough to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Give incentives to employees like other call centers do. And please liven up the work place. Nothing but gray and white walls to the point where it looks like a prison.

8. "It's alright. Decent job with decent pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Agent in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Agent in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get full-time hours and you can get a bonus. Most supervisors are helpful. The people are alright. It's an easy job.

Cons

Too many people work there so no overtime. They expect alot out of you but don't really give thorough training.

9. "Disorganized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Junction City, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Junction City, OR

I have been working at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time

Pros

Change in management at the site is good, co-workers are great

Cons

So disorganized that it makes it impossible to be proficient at your job

Advice to Management

Better training and overall organization within the company

10. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in North Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in North Logan, UT

Pros

benefits
    good hours
    friendly staff
    training
    Learning new things every day

Cons

no advancement
    not enough team work
    not enough help

Advice to Management

give every applicant a chance & not just who you like & not just your friends.