Aegis Project Controls Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The future is here"

Current Employee - Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- They strive for the life / work balance
    - Corporate structure encourages good team development
    - Innovation keeps them #01 in the market

Cons

- Availability of upper management (not always needed)

2. "I Don't Ever Want to Leave"

Current Employee - Project Controls Engineer III in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Project Controls Engineer III in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The camaraderie that I felt from the first day that I started working at Aegis was unlike anything I had experienced before. Right from the beginning I formed strong relationships with my colleagues and I enjoyed coming to work every day. Now 2 and half years into my position at Aegis I can confidently say that I've learned a great deal and the opportunities I see for myself at this fast growing company motivate me to work hard every day. I never want to work anywhere else!

Cons

Demanding job that occasionally requires long hours and weekend work

Advice to Management

Make themselves more available, more training

3. "Good Firm"

Former Employee - Project Controls Engineer in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Project Controls Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Aegis Project Controls full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had the pleasure of working at Aegis for less than six months.HR management was very prompt and courteous with my exit. Good firm to start your career with. Lot of learning and relocation opportunities. Very competitive pay and lot of free lunches, clothes etc..

Cons

Expected to work long hours.

Advice to Management

Cheers with your system and all amazing projects.

4. "Best work place ever!"

Current Employee - Project Controls Engineer in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Project Controls Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my 10 years career, I have been through a couple of large scale EPC contractors and other construction related firms. I proudly say Aegis is the best workplace ever.
    - The first thing I like the best is everyone is young and active here! Everybody works! (No stress from your colleagues or supervisor at least!)
    - Management is highly experienced and very professional. Yes, they are really better (I've met several stupid bosses)!
    - Supervisors (executives are more friendly actually) have very open-mindset to listen your any idea and it will be fairly appreciated!
    - Aegis put all members' benefits including their families uppermost!
    - You don't have to negotiate with the company because they will give you the better than you think! (based on my case)
    - Best kitchen at the workplace! Serves several high quality espressos, fresh fruits and many others!

Cons

It's a workplace! I don't expect more.

5. "Great Place to Work (Now Aegis Project Controls)"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls full-time

Pros

Working for Aegis is a pleasure. If you are seeking a fast-paced environment with a rapidly growing company that provides numerous learning and advancement opportunities, this company has a place for you.
    From your first day at Aegis you will get to work with senior employees on cutting-edge Projects covering most facets of construction. Aegis rigidly holds employees to high quality and ethical standards but provides those employees the freedom to creatively perform work. Upper management is receptive to suggestions and readily accessible.
    The company culture is second to none, and certainly a work-hard, play-hard environment. The demanding nature of the construction industry is countered by some creative benefits like a few free days off in the summer, food in the office, company outings, and profit-sharing. A year has never gone by without more benefits or perks being added. Professionalism is expected, but respected. No questions get asked if you come in late or leave early on a certain day, it is expected that you manage your time and workload, including letting management if your workload is overwhelming.

Cons

The construction industry is demanding. There will be some working late, coming in early, and some occasional weekend work if you want to directly interact with clients. The work is client driven, so sometimes there are short-notice deadlines. Client work takes place at an array of construction sites and corporate offices. These factors make having concrete, predictable hours more difficult without developing time and client management skills.

6. "Excellent firm to build an exciting & rewarding career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls (More than 8 years)

Pros

Aegis does an exceptional job of satisfying the many facets of building a career and balancing this with personal (and family) life. The firm offers professional support and development through internal training, mentorship, certifications and most importantly, experiences on some major projects throughout the US. The work-life balance is simply awesome because of the fun and exciting culture that the company has created and nurtured. Some key pros of life as an "Aegonian" are:
    -Motivating leadership
    -Professional development opportunities
    -Interesting and high-profile projects
    -Huge emphasis on new software and technology
    -Fun & exciting work atmosphere
    -Benefits package (always changing to add new things)
    -Flexibility for personal, family and social life
    -All resources provided to succeed (seriously, everything - even an endless supply of trail mix & snacks)
    -Fresh fruit deliveries to the office

Cons

The fast growth of the business causes some teams and client facing employees to work long hours. While this is difficult and somewhat unavoidable, it does provide great experience and always calms at some point.

Advice to Management

Continue to build the unique culture that Aegis has.
    Build and focus on the aspects of the business that have proven successful, while also trying out new ventures.
    Commit to training and communicating good leadership practice to all management level employees.

7. "Leading Edge in Project Controls!"

Current Employee - Chief Scheduler in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Chief Scheduler in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aegis Project Controls is the leading edge for Project Controls! First in Technology, First in Innovation. Aegis is for folks that have a desire to work hard and excel in their career. Your ideas are appreciated and you have a voice in the company. Becoming an Aegonian has its privileges from the training by those that have come before you to being given the responsibility of some of the most prestigious projects nationwide. You are Appreciated! The upper management will stand behind you and will tailor your interest and talents to work with some of the largest General Contractors in the County. There is no other company like this and what an experience it is to be part of the upcoming company

Cons

Aegis hires the best and brightest. Don't come and expect to be a number. You are expected to shine, and show what you are made of. This is not a Hire and Fire Company... Aegis is for those that want to make a difference in Project Controls and be part of the BEST.

Advice to Management

Management's is open door. This company has a direction. We are the company and when you are placed in charge of a project, the management will make sure you succeed!

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at Aegis Project Controls full-time

Pros

Aegis is a quickly growing company that works on some pretty amazing projects. You get a lot of training and there is always someone there to help. This company does some great things for its employees, free lunches, extra days off in the summer, competitions and non-work social stuff. People are friendly and everyone seems very motivated to grow the company. There is an emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

There are some long days and deadlines for work product. I think that has more to do with the construction industry in total. Not too sure if this is a con, but there is always more work than people to do the work. Management is trying hard to hire but hasn't been quite able to catch up.

Advice to Management

Not much, the management seem to know what they need to work on. I'd like to be able to meet with the partners occasionally.

9. "Ideal work environment"

Pros

Great work environment and culture, abundant opportunity to gain experience on many kinds of projects, collaborative team environment, helpful and widely experienced senior staff who readily mentor younger staff, great work-life balance, established career paths and expansion allows for growth opportunities, external continued education programs as well as internal industry training programs, the list goes on...

Cons

By nature, construction projects come with deadlines, and deadlines may require working late. This does not happen often, but occasionally a project might require additional time or effort to get accomplished.

10. "Innovative Leaders in Project Controls"

Pros

Aegis is an innovative leader in Project Controls for the Construction industry. Aegis is engaged by both small and large firms for a variety of construction projects throughout the US. Projects vary from transportation, hospitals, government and corporate buildings, entertainment venues to data centers. Aegis has a great company culture that promotes employee success and achievements, as well as encourages giving back to the community. Aegis has a very positive environment that promotes team work and esprit de corp. Even though they are growing rapidly, they truly value their employees and are committed to mentoring and investing in their people.

Cons

I wish I would have joined this firm earlier in my career.