AlertMedia Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2020

AlertMedia Founder / CEO Brian Cruver
Brian Cruver
  1. Featured Review

"I love coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been at AlertMedia for nearly five years, and there's a reason I'm still absolutely excited to go to work every day. AlertMedia is a challenging, exciting place to be. Each individual day is completely different than the day before, and you're constantly learning new things. Leadership is transparent and knowledgable and truly cares about the development of their employees. The CEO shares the same data with the entire company that he does with the board, so employees are always aware of how the organization is doing as a whole. Everyone from the C-level to individual managers are making an active effort to improve the business and their team. It doesn't hurt that the company is making a real impact in the lives of their end users. They strive to keep people safe in the face of disaster, and working for a company with a mission like that is incredibly motivating and rewarding. Coworkers are genuine and intelligent and everyone is aligned and working towards the same goal: keeping people safe. AlertMedia is an incredible place to work. It's been an amazing five years, and I'm looking forward to the next five!

Cons

If you're easily distracted, the office is an open floor plan, so invest in good headphones!

August 27, 2019Director Talent

Thanks for your review! It is so amazing to see a team all striving for the same goal with no personal agendas…and our CEO truly sets the tone. Congratulations on your five years…One more year and you get a paid six-week sabbatical!!

"Wouldn't change a thing"

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

AlertMedia is one of a kind. Every single person is in it together; we believe in each other and the product. It's easy to come into work when you know your teammates and leaders support you. Working for a product that truly makes a difference in the world is something I've always wanted, and I finally have it! If you want a place where you can make a real impact, AlertMedia is the place to be.

Cons

We move fast, so you have to make sure you are thoughtful in your approach. I don't see this as a con, but might not be the right place for everyone.

June 8, 2020Director Talent

We're excited to continue making a positive impact on our customers and the lives of their employees together! Thanks for being a part of it!

"The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is competitive and fair The employees here are all great, fun people A lot of fun events at work The CEO is a great guy and demonstrates on a regular basis that he cares deeply for his employees as well as the company

Cons

I honestly can't think of one

June 1, 2020Director Talent

Thank you so much! We are REALLY grateful for the work you do to keep us all up and running!

"5-Stars is not enough"

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Highest level of collaboration & transparency -Leadership genuinely cares about employees success -Ability to make an impact immediately -Work alongside some incredibly intelligent people -Support an amazing product

Cons

-It is a start-up and may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it is, there's no place better.

May 23, 2020Director Talent

Reading this was a great start to Memorial Day weekend! Thanks for choosing AlertMedia, we're glad you're happy here!

5. "Life is good when you love where you work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every individual that works at AlertMedia is hardworking, fun and adds to the positive work environment that leadership has created. AlertMedia's software and staff work around the clock to truly help people across the globe and it is very motivating and fulfilling to be apart of. Working for a company that cares about its employees is amazing. Leadership even got a germ-killing robot to keep the office virus-free during flu season and beyond-- check it out its called a Xenex robot AKA The Germinator!

Cons

It's a shame more companies don't care for their employees as AlertMedia does.

March 2, 2020Director Talent

We're so glad that we created a place you love coming to every day! We'll continue to focus on hiring only the best teammates to join you so we can maintain this feeling and culture.

"No place like AlertMedia"

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company doing exceptionally well with a high level of transparency into what is going on from leadership. We offer a product that is impactful and you get to work around very talented, thoughtful and hard working people. All in this together mentality and we are rewarded for collective success.

Cons

No real cons- not the place for anyone looking to coast/do the bare minimum. You are expected to care and bring your best effort to work daily.

February 11, 2020Director Talent

Thank you for the review! We plan to continue to hire great teammates who work hard and care about what we're building at AlertMedia as much as you do.

"One Team. One Goal."

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The leadership team is smart, lack egos, have integrity, and they interact with everyone in the company. They truly care about both the success of the company, solving real problems for our customers, and the happiness of their employees. -Everyone is excited to be here and works hard. -There is a solid and consistent vision for our growth. -They hire fun smart people. It really feels like a family. -Solid ideas and opinions with thought behind them are always welcomed.

Cons

-Can't think of one so far. We're still putting processes in place but that's to be expected and is one of the reasons it's fun to join a young growing company. You get to make your mark.

February 10, 2020Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so far! We're thrilled to hear how much you love this place and will continue to place a focus on integrity and remaining involved and transparent.

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

The energy of this place is incredible. Our CEO sets the tone by keeping things casual and fun while getting things done. The perks are great but knowing it’s our success bringing those perks keeps the team motivated and always wanting more. I describe my office as high school but the jocks are friends with the nerds are friends with the band kids are friends with the theater kids. It’s one big, happy family and I’m proud to be part of it.

Cons

It’s a lot of work—not really a con, but it’s important to know. This is a great team but we’re also a no bull**** team. If you’re used to just skating through your day job, this isn’t the place for you.

December 16, 2019Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you're enjoying it! You're right, the harder we work and the more successful we are = the more perks! Our CEO very proactively rewards us as a team for collective success which I've found helps us stay engaged and bought into a mentality that we are all in this together! BTW, this may be my favorite "con" ever :)

9. "This place is amazing"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

great culture, great people, great perks, great training, and most importantly- the best product in the space. it almost sells itself sometimes. truly enjoy working here.

Cons

None so far, the only thing I can think of would be a 401k plan but there are so many other perks and pros about working here that it balances out! There is the occasional growing pain with scaling a company so fast, but management takes care of them promptly.

November 11, 2019Director Talent

We love to hear that you're enjoying AlertMedia! We actually have a 401K now. Touch base with the people team if you need any help or have any questions on how to get that set up!

"Best Company Ever!"

I have been working at AlertMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with AlertMedia a little over 2 years and wow! I am very proud of the work we do. Our leadership team leaves us so much room for growth and are constantly supportive and open to our input. We receive so much recognition for our hard work and commitment. It truly makes the difference knowing that not only is our hard work being recognized but it's also being rewarded. I have been able to grow so much in such a short amount of time, it's really incredible. Also, all the La Croix you could possibly drink

Cons

So much food, I can't say no to the chips!

October 25, 2019Director Talent

We're so thrilled to hear you still love AlertMedia after 2+ years- we will do our best to keep it that way for many years to come!

Found 36 reviews