Altegris Reviews | Glassdoor

Martin Beaulieu
  1. "Operations Specialist"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Altegris for less than a year

Pros

small company lots of company culture

Cons

small team, workload can get heavy and individual merit is overlooked

Altegris2018-08-28
  2. "Great leadership, team, and career advancement opportunities"

I have been working at Altegris full-time

Pros

Strong corporate culture with a genuine hard working ethos. Altegris offers a dynamic work atmosphere with a thoughtful and talented employee base. Meritocracy is a priority as hard work, positive attitudes, creativity, and consistent efforts are rewarded.

Cons

Fluid environment where change and progress are constant. Flexibility and the desire for goal based outcomes is necessary for any prospective candidate.

Altegris2018-02-10

February 26, 2018Head of HR

Thank you for your recognition of our talented employees. Talent takes many forms at Altegris, and we work hard to celebrate success for our staff in all their varied roles.

3. "Cool Place to Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Altegris full-time

Pros

The company has a fantastic location in San Diego. They provide employees with good benefits and the culture and values are kept in good standards.

Cons

Although a great location to work, parking is not provided for employees. Parking permits may be provided once a month for a fee.

Altegris2018-02-08

February 26, 2018Head of HR

We are very glad to hear that you are satisfied with our benefits program and our company culture. We are continually making efforts to provide the best possible flexibility and working environment for our employees. Thank you for letting us know!

4. "Awesome people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Altegris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone has a great attitude and is willing to jump in and help out, answer questions, and there is always someone to mentor you on projects. The location cannot be beaten! The NEW management excels at being approachable and responsive.

Cons

Traffic getting to the office

Advice to Management

The CEO is doing an excellent job, along with his leadership team. New CEO Martin Beaulieu

Altegris2017-10-26

December 15, 2017Head of HR

We are delighted to hear that your experience at Altegris has been positive under the new leadership team. Thank you for letting us know!

5. "Dishonest"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Altegris

Pros

Associates are good to work with. Location of the office is great.

Cons

Management is absent. No one wants to take responsibility or lead.

Altegris2017-11-24

December 15, 2017Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you feel management was not engaged during your time with Altegris. We strive to ensure that our employees feel supported, but also empowered to help make the decisions that are best for our business. We encourage you to contact HR ...

6. "Great Oppotunities"

Current Employee - Research Intern

I have been working at Altegris for more than a year

Pros

My first internship was here and they treated me great. Had little previous work experience so got a lot of training. Supervisors were friendly, higher ups open to networking, and lots of opportunities to jump on new projects.

Cons

Sometimes the work got boring or repetitive, but this was expected with a base level internship.

Altegris2017-04-21

"something needs to change"

I worked at Altegris full-time for more than a year

Pros

-smart,dedicated employees -great view of the ocean -decent employee benefits

Cons

-certain departments are very understaffed and overworked, expectations aren't at all reasonable given these circumstances -high turnover -poor work/life balance

Advice to Management

-Hire more people and/or better compensate employees who are taking on additional responsibilities following multiple employee resignations

Altegris2016-07-08

"All about the company"

I worked at Altegris full-time

Pros

The compensation is above industry standards. The office location is beautiful. The patio is available for employees at lunch or break and offers a nice ocean view.

Cons

Although life/work balance is mentioned repeatedly that is not the case. No concern for the employees as human beings with personal lives. Not employee friendly.

Altegris2016-03-23
    • "Great place to intern"

I worked at Altegris

Pros

Great place to work. Everybody is very friendly and talented. Interns have a wide range of duties and are treated with the utmost respect.

Cons

The office is a little quiet and dull but everyone is working very hard.

Altegris2015-10-25

"Don't be fooled by how nice it looks"

I worked at Altegris for less than a year

Pros

The company has a lot of smart, hardworking people there. The employees are young and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

There really isn't a lot of opportunity for promotion at this company unless you are buddies with the head executives. Because of this, there is little motivation to work hard at the company, which I could see in almost every department. Or, some employees were so overworked they were just about ready to leave. The company isn't really doing that well, but they make people jump through hoops to get a job there for them...

Advice to Management

Management really needs to consider the needs of their employees and recognize the work that they put into the company everyday. They needs to value each individual based on their contribution to the company's success, not based on how well they can shoot hoops.

Altegris2015-07-03