Amer Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Balwinder S. Dhillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company"

I have been working at Amer Technology full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, decent work hours

Cons

very small company and vision/direction of company needs to be clearly defined

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Amer Technology full-time

Pros

AMER Technology is an excellent company to work for. It is easy to advance in a short amount of time. The team is great, and there is not a competitive sales environment. Everyone helps each other with issues, and wants the overall success of each other and the company. This company provides on the job training, and allows the employees to gain knowledge and skills in different areas of the company.

Cons

The company is currently under staffed, but the senior level executives are actively recruiting for various positions, and we are looking to add more individuals soon.

Advice to Management

I really like the bi-weekly training exercises that were recently put into practice. They are very helpful for new employees, and employees with experience in the industry.

"Smoke and Mirrors - Don't believe the lies"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Amer Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make commission on top of base pay

Cons

Want to feel degraded, insulted, and be constantly stressed out and in fear for your job? Come work at AMER Technology!

Nothing you do will ever be good enough - you could bring in 5 accounts in one day, the next day you'll be asked why you haven't done it again.

Absolutely no training. You will have to ask about every single little thing. This wouldn't be a problem, but then you get into situations where you say or do the "wrong" thing because no one ever told you. You will then be blamed for not producing enough.

They will lie to you about the job and why former employees left. ZERO job security. ZERO paid overtime, even though mandatory meetings are consistently called at 4:50 and you are kept after 5:00. You will also be asked to work (unpaid) outside of working hours because "this isn't a 9-5 job"...yet you are being paid peanuts to work 9-5 and will never get OT approved.

Racist, sexist, offensive comments will be made on a daily basis towards you and the employee group as a whole.

Employees are constantly crying at their desks because of how they are treated. This is NOT normal. Management will say it's the "stress of the job" and "not everyone is cut out for this", even though those employees have history in similar jobs and go on to work successfully at other staffing and recruiting firms.

Advice to Management

Train your employees, treat them with RESPECT and like human beings, not a "producer". Pay them better and stop lying about the company history.

Amer Technology Response

Sep 10, 2015 – VP Talent Acquisition/Corporate Services

Thanks for the feedback. We are disappointed that your experience with us was not successful. As we continue to scale AMER Technology we want to remain collaborative and open to criticism. We value... More

"No Growth, No Change, No Good"

Pros

You can make salary plus commission.

Cons

Failed system, No Paid Overtime, Lies, Highly Micro-Managed, Outsourcing from India, Culture shock, No Effective Growth, Management is awful.

Advice to Management

This company needs a face-lift from marketing to how employees are treated, valued, and compensated.

Amer Technology Response

Sep 10, 2015 – VP Talent Acquisition/Corporate Services

We value and consider all feedback. Obviously this review is so full vitriol that it makes it challenging to address, but we appreciate it all the same. We are in a high scale up, high growth mode at... More

"Great Company That Treats You Like Family"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Amer Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Timeliness: When I started my position at Amer as a Marketing Coordinator, everything was ready to go for me on my first day there. Also, I met with a HR rep and she worked with me to talk about all the benefits as well as set up direct deposit and my paycheck was always deposited on time without any issues.

- Family Atmosphere: Everyone is extremely friendly and always willing to help everyone out, even people who weren't in my department worked with me and helped me talk through everything. The CEO also has a close relationship with everyone, he makes sure that everyone's problems are talked about and ensures that issues get resolved in a timely manner.

- Compensation/Vacation: Compensation was excellent for my first job out of college. Additionally, upper management is understanding about vacation/sick days/appointments and are extremely flexible. When I took days off I was given the opportunity to work extra hours/days so that I could make up my hours and be compensated for them.

Cons

Currently a small company but they are rapidly expanding in their Texas markets as well as out of state.

6. "A company with a new plan and new vision."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Amer Technology full-time

Pros

It pays on time with good incentives for sales folks. Has set in place a new comprehensive promotion strategy.

Cons

A small but growing company. Employees have to wear a few different hats here. It takes a few weeks to understand the direction of the company and the direction that they want you to in as well.

Advice to Management

Get more feedback from you sales people on how you can keep improving the business processes.

"No employment appraisal"

Former Contractor - IT Consultant
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant

I worked at Amer Technology as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Pay on time very bi weekly

Cons

No other gain but work for the company till contract ends and leave the company once your contract is over with their client.

Advice to Management

Please market the people after they are done with their initial contract and give sometime for the concerned personnel a to get on the next assignment, after all we employees are the ones for ur companies success and also provide a path to their employment sponsorship for visa whenever necessary.

"Crude. Miss-managed No vision"

Former Contractor - Consulting in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - Consulting in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Amer Technology as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flat Structure No structure :)

Cons

No respect for Individuals.
    Scheme centric individuals
    No Vision
    No respect for individual
    crude management style

Advice to Management

No Advise beyond redemption :)

9. "review abt amer"

Current Contractor - Software Er in Everett, WA
    Current Contractor - Software Er in Everett, WA

I have been working at Amer Technology as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

good they pay the salary on time

Cons

they pay the salary on time but no benefits.
    It is a new company.

10. "Indusrty where you can learn more in detail about recruiting and Staffing, excellent work environment."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandigarh (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandigarh (India)

I worked at Amer Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Team work and enhanced my Recruiting skills

Cons

Performance analysis and growth scope.

Advice to Management

Implement new and effective business Development plan to increase Client and Business.