79% would recommend to a friend
(189 total reviews)
86% approve of CEO
Found 189 of over 290 reviews
Updated Nov 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Applause
Got a burning question about Applause? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Applause employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Lots of great people to work with" (in 32 reviews)
- "Great work environment and work life balance" (in 14 reviews)
- "Great culture conducive to career growth" (in 14 reviews)
- "Supportive Team, Sales Training, Modern Selling" (in 12 reviews)
- "Pay is good, company is interesting to work for and have exciting projects in the pipeline" (in 7 reviews)
- "Leadership is all male, very few women in the organization and they don't seem to last." (in 5 reviews)
- "bombs are dropped around the office constantly, especially by C" (in 4 reviews)
- "salaries are below market standard and comp plans are complicated" (in 4 reviews)
- "No career path" (in 3 reviews)
- "No open communication with lots of secrets in the management" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Applause and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 12, 2023Sales Intelligence InternCurrent EmployeeFramingham, MA
Company culture, flexibility, emphasize developing young workers.
In my opinion, there are no cons for th
- 3.0Oct 22, 2023Solution Delivery ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The company does a lot to incorporate that in-person feeling and making your team feel connected despite being remote (weekly account meetings, department meetings, lots of 1:1). Pay is fairly decent, though could be better for the workload.
There’s an insane workload with expectation to complete, regardless of your work hours. Work-life balance is minimal depending on your department (but it’s most departments - Delivery, Community, Testing Services, the list goes on). Teams in different time zones but you’re expected to answer no matter the time of day (or day of week for that matter), otherwise it’s constant pinging until you respond, which is excessive. There’s also zero communication between departments. Applause will lose its employees if things don’t change.1
- 3.0Oct 19, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTulsa, OK
- Flexible work life balance - Generally nice people
- No room for growth or career track - Micromanagement from manager to vp and cro - Deal reviews that achieve nothing - No BDR support
- 5.0Oct 9, 2023Director of SalesCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDenver, CO
Motivated group that are all willing to help each other One big team/family Great for career growth
No cons at this time
- 2.0Sep 8, 2023ModeratorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Oh the laughs we’ve had! I work at another product company now, and whenever I mention the name Applause, nearly participant I’ve name mentioned it to is aware of the name; they’re always looking to tell an exciting story!
Incredibly high turnover, security incidents, payment issues, pointless power plays by management, drama, drama, drama2
- 5.0Jun 5, 2023Testing Services ManagerCurrent Employee
Company culture is great, and the majority of the employees are able to work remotely from home. When you do visit the office, everyone is willing to talk to you and include you in the events for the day. If there are issues there is an open door policy all the way up. Obviously you need to follow the chain of command as much as possible, but there is nothing preventing you from talking though things with someone else.
Platforms are a bit dated and needs many improvements, but it gets the job done.
- 2.0May 11, 2023Smart Device ModeratorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
As I am sure that a few people have said, it's a very easy job.
There is a strong lack of professionalism. Many employees (mostly past employees) have had to "play the game" to avoid being fired. When the employer does not appreciate you it is a very hostile and targative environment.6
Applause Reviews FAQs
Applause has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 290 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Applause to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of Applause employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Applause 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.