Aptera Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TK Herman

1. "Great Leadership - A Unique Job Experience"

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time

Pros

If you work hard you will go far in this company! Aptera compensates and promotes based on merit and hard work, so going above and beyond won't go unnoticed. Looking for a place of employment where you can really grow? The leadership team has great values and integrity, they invest a lot of training in their employees and clearly want to see individuals find the right position that they can flourish in. Plus the culture is great, pool, video games, Friday breakfasts, you really can't find other employment like it in Fort Wayne.

Cons

Like most jobs, the workload can be heavy at times and after hours work may be required. Thankfully you usually have a great team to do late nights with!

"Great Place if You're Not in Management"

Former Employee - Marketing in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Marketing in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Aptera Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are top notch both in skills and as individuals. You will grow and learn and the company puts a sincere emphasis on creating a good work environment.

Cons

The upper management are managers more than leaders. They are nice people for the most part but there is definitely an inner circle within the management team, and they still have a good ol' boy mentality that's keeping them from maturing as a company. If you're looking at a management position there, just nod your head and don't rub certain people the wrong way, and you'll be fine. Note: Rating for TK Herman CEO is a thumbs up for him as an individual owner, but he's not the main guy in the day to day decision making. Comments above pertain more to that bunch

Advice to Management

Keep looking our the employees and the positive overall culture. (Well done). Stop kidding yourselves into thinking there's no politics. The company will grow if you get out of your own way.

Mar 2, 2017 – Hiring Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience with Aptera. We appreciate the years you spent as a part of the Aptera team and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

"Unlimited Possibility"

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time

Pros

Aptera is a very open atmosphere, one that values success of clients and their projects over just getting work done and charging for it. It rewards hard work and ideas that lead to more efficient ways of doing things. Learning and self-motivation are encouraged, and everyone seems willing to sit down and talk about an issue to find a resolution.

Cons

Having grown quickly from a small group of individuals to a larger organization (although still under 100 employees), there are times when it is assumed that values, direction, and reasoning are just understood when they should be re-iterated and driven home. The atmosphere is open to asking questions anytime a concern is raised, but for people that haven't been here long enough to know they can just ask, or what to ask about, forward motion can seem a bit hazy.

Advice to Management

Boost corporate communication

Dec 15, 2016 – Hiring Manager

We are glad to hear you feel encouraged and able to grow here. Also, thanks for your feedback around our need for better corporate communication. This is something we are working on. Thanks for ... More

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aptera provides an excellent workplace environment that has helped me grow tremendously as a developer. For every other place of employment, I had to constantly fight the feeling of stagnation as I would typically get stuck maintaining legacy applications with no real opportunity for personal growth. The very nature of Aptera’s business, however, pushes me into utilizing a variety of technologies for a variety of different clients, making each day an exciting challenge. The developers here are top-notch…their willingness to vet emerging technologies as well as their passion for achieving mastery of patterns ensures that the job is always done right.

Cons

Being pulled back and forth between projects is something that Aptera is careful to protect against, but is still a reality for any consulting business.

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue quality developers to help mitigate the context switching.

Dec 15, 2016 – Hiring Manager

Happy to hear that you feel challenged and pushed in your skill set. Also, we recognize the pull between projects can be a challenge and it's something we are always trying to be aware of. We ... More

6. "Great company, brilliant people..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely intelligent coworkers, very transparent management teams and that carries all the way to the top, fantastic owners (one of which is the CEO, the other is the CIO/CTO), excellent place to work, great atmosphere...

Cons

Sales pipeline and projects can be a roller coaster at times, with some projects being extremely rushed due deadlines and resource availability, but that tends to happen in the consulting industry... so not a terrible "con" per-se...

Advice to Management

Ensure you have sufficient human resources to continue to grow and take on new projects!

"Best move I've made in my career"

Current Employee - Software Architect
    Current Employee - Software Architect

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time

Pros

Before switching to Aptera, I felt like my professional growth was stagnant and I was not a big fan of my work environment. My experience at Aptera has been a complete 180. I'm surrounded by some of the best talent in Fort Wayne. Not only are my peers intelligent, they're humble and eager to learn and help each other grow. It's a fun, collaborative environment that is always looking to improve and stay up-to-date with new technologies. Customer satisfaction is a key part of our success and there's always a focus on doing the right thing. Some other highlights include casual dress attire, breakfast on Fridays, weekly employee recognition meetings and games, and being downtown.

Cons

The 401K company match is a little low compared to prior employers.

8. "You will absolutely grow personally & professionally at Aptera - highly recommend."

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Aptera Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with Aptera as a sales person and I can honestly say I am so grateful for the experience I gained and the people I got to work with. I would say as a company - everyone at Aptera aims to be constantly bettering themselves, which, really helped as a salesperson. When you're selling something you genuinely believe in - it comes across to the prospect/client. Unlike many tech companies that really just focus on developing the technical staff - Aptera places a HEAVY emphasis on quality in the sales team - they invest a LOT in sales training and treat sales as a craft.

One of the coolest things about Aptera - EVERY Friday morning - they get the ENTIRE company together for an "Employee Recognition" meeting with the sole purpose of highlighting any victories and/or positives during that week of working on projects. Such a cool tradition.

They also understand that no one will be in any job forever and the CEO especially is very open about this - he genuinely aims to add to anyone's life that crosses his path and wishes them well in the end. Although I have accepted a role at another company... if someone came to me and asked if they should work at Aptera - I would say absolutely.

Cons

(N/A)

However... If you suck at ping pong - you need to practice before working here - because you will get whooped.

Advice to Management

I think running a custom development company could lend itself to the possibility of focusing on the negative but you make it a point to look for the positive. Keep that up and thank you again for everything.

9. "BDM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is the best place that I have ever worked.

Cons

If you hate fun, then don't apply here.

Advice to Management

Nothing. I like TK and Conrad.

10. "Truly modern environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Aptera Software full-time

Pros

Freedom to grow, innovate, and succeed. Great culture, infused with fun on a daily basis.

Cons

No remote work option, though I would still come in most days

Advice to Management

Keep giving employees freedom to improve the workplace.

"Great company but with high turnover"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Aptera Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really helps you achieve Microsoft certifications. Exposure to the latest development tools and techniques.

Cons

Average salary, few perks, sales people seemed to be disconnected from the developers. Management does not seem to care about problems or concerns you might have. Some senior developers are not very approachable.

Advice to Management

The company needs more soft-skills (people skills)