Arjay Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to grow"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Northvale, NJ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Northvale, NJ

I worked at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn the skills needed to be succcessful in your store. It is up to you to do the rest. Best place to grow and learn.

Cons

Management turnover and slight operational efficiencies.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

2. "BEST JOB EVER!!!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First of all I would like to say that this was the best Job I have ever had in the wireless industry. Being in the industry for 9 years and working at Arjay for 2 of them. They make you feel like your apart of a family. You are not a number but a person who has a life outside and inside of work. As long as you do your job and maximize on commissions and do everything properly it is very enjoyable and rewarding. I made my highest commissions while working here and the pay structure is great. People who get fired or quit did not do there job properly and did not understand how things worked and sometimes asked to come back.

Also had many company outings and trips to different events. Arjay awards its to 20 employees with a TRIP TO MEXICO!!! Also have weekly contest for $100 gift cards which for top weekend performers. In March we have a bracket style contest, where 1 store can win $1000 bonus.

I would never change my time here for anything else.

Cons

Too much fun at work.

Advice to Management

Whats for lunch?

3. "AWESOME COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with Arjay Wireless. They are the most humble and understanding employer. I have never worked in a company that actually treated you like family. I am so thankful to be able to work for such a great employer. They have taught me able and I grew my knowledge everyday. The back end team and sales environment was always positive and proactive.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day.

Advice to Management

Never lose your spirit and smile!

4. "These guys suck"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are cool to work with .. some of the hr department are actually nice people who can relate . And understand situations

Cons

No paid time off .. horrible commison structure .. they pay less then other retailers .. they run the company like a small business family style .. lots of favoritism .. lots of micromanaging.. lots of pointing fingers and blaming employees .. no training structure . Throw the worker into the store and let the others train them .. sold their failure company to another company cause they couldn't handle it anymore .. goodbye arjay

Advice to Management

Save that paycheck

Arjay Wireless Response

May 17, 2017 – Senior recruiter and management

We are sorry that your experience was less than a happy one. Not every business structure suits all individuals as it appears that this may not have been the best fit for you, but feedback from... More

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is there if you want to make it, but you are going to have to employ shady sales tactics such as lying to customers about issues they are having with their upgrade-eligible phone, or overcharging for products

E.G. - the company sets a price for an accessory, but allows each store - each rep actually - to create their own price. There were/are locations selling sim cards for $30 when the cost on them is $1.75, and a customer can go to any corporate store and get them for free of charge. Not a good way to create return business.

Cons

A family atmosphere is promoted, yet while employed by Arjay, I did not ever notice or experience this. The company has no clear vision.

There were multiple emails sent the day before pay day stating not to cash checks a day early as they were unsure if there was money in the account?

It's understandable to want to control your business and spending to protect the bottom line, however, this company has far too many hands in the pot. Micro-management is at an all time high here, which cripples the ability for anyone to do their job correctly. Instead of proper training, it is merely a "see this number? make it bigger" atmosphere from upper management.

turn over problems surface from the lack of training on the sales staff, unclear vision of the company, and the poor hourly pay and commission structure.

Furthermore, it seems the company did a terrible job scouting locations for most of their stores - there is no growth in business for the locations, therefore the company will not grow in location size as they anticipate.

Extreme over-communication is also present. 7 emails are to be sent from store level every morning - the typical inventory and deposit emails, but also things as simple as an email stating "location X is open". Every one of these emails is replied-ALL to by every location (20 in total) flooding your inbox with about 50 useless emails every single day to the point where important communication on promotions is potentially missed

Advice to Management

Cut back on backend staff - 6 people are not needed to do 1 single job.
    Better HR policies as well as proper training to all of the staff is very needed.

"Best 8+ Years of My Life"

Former Employee - Worn Many Hats in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Worn Many Hats in New York, NY

I worked at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for and I enjoyed every minutes of my time with Arjay Wireless. I have made a lot of friends and relationships that last a life long and more. These are my Family and they treat me the same way. Opportunities are unlimited (as long as you are willing to put in the time) and you will be rewarded for your hard work and the management show the appreciation by providing daily, weekly, monthly, and year long contest to earn extra $$$ and fun trips (Ex. Top 25 employees WIN Fully paid Cancun Trip, Fully paid trips to Atlantic City, Win tickets to Sports events, concert, etc.)

Cons

Nothing here - If you show up and do your job at best of your ability and take care of your customers and treat your co-workers with respect and provide exceptional customer service to your customers, There is Nothing that an employee can complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep going - and keep the team spirit up as always

7. "THE BEST PLACE TO BE!"

Current Employee - Special Teams
    Current Employee - Special Teams

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

First I would like to say this company has been in the wireless industry for 27 years and is still one of the remaining authorized retailers left, and I feel great to be apart of it. If you want a career in this industry this is the best place to be to learn and grow within the organization. A lot of employees who I have worked with and decided to go to other industries have said they were able to use the skills and knowledge to make there new careers successful. During the 8 year career that I have had within Arjay has made me learn and grow mentally and physically with my family and my career. I love the fact i get to wear many hats and get to experience different departments, the company is flexible on what roles and responsibilities you want to take, based on company needs.

Cons

no cons!!!! The company has been doing so many initiatives like the all star trip to reward employees who have been doing the right things, contest rewards have been great! The employees have health benefits and the company has worked tirelessly to make sure that we start having 5 day work weeks and yes some locations are still not there yet but will be which is only 4 stores left. It takes time to put a team together and the company has heard its employees and is moving to make the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! It is easy to criticize then actually live in their shoes! The company could have easily given up but still works very hard to make it the best environment possible!! You can not make everyone happy and if people think that than they live in an "unrealistic" universe!

8. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in a fast paced environment building new connections. Great atmosphere and room for growth is encouraged, always looking to promote within the company

Cons

Call backs are the foundation of the business must be willing to call and setting up appointments to drive traffic in store

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing results speaks louder than words

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

Its a great place to work. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Although its a big company with locations all across the US, it has a small company vibe. Everyone knows each other and are always ready to help each other. Lots of positive vibes. HR department is great also.

Cons

cons: no paid time off

Advice to Management

no real advice but some PTO would be nice :)

10. "Good company"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Arjay Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff was pretty cool. I worked in a store where the back office was literally in the back. But the entire team I worked with(including the back office staff)was very cool. I enjoyed my short time there and learned a lot heading into my new job.

Cons

You must work 6 days a week.

You don't get paid for what you do if you don't hit your quota tier.

No real benefits

Advice to Management

Set up a better commission system. I think more people would stay if the compensation was a bit better.