Arjay Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ajay Bhumitra
1 Rating

"Best 8+ Years of My Life"

Former Employee - Worn Many Hats in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Worn Many Hats in New York, NY

I worked at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for and I enjoyed every minutes of my time with Arjay Wireless. I have made a lot of friends and relationships that last a life long and more. These are my Family and they treat me the same way. Opportunities are unlimited (as long as you are willing to put in the time) and you will be rewarded for your hard work and the management show the appreciation by providing daily, weekly, monthly, and year long contest to earn extra $$$ and fun trips (Ex. Top 25 employees WIN Fully paid Cancun Trip, Fully paid trips to Atlantic City, Win tickets to Sports events, concert, etc.)

Cons

Nothing here - If you show up and do your job at best of your ability and take care of your customers and treat your co-workers with respect and provide exceptional customer service to your customers, There is Nothing that an employee can complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep going - and keep the team spirit up as always

2. "THE BEST PLACE TO BE!"

Current Employee - Special Teams
    Current Employee - Special Teams

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

First I would like to say this company has been in the wireless industry for 27 years and is still one of the remaining authorized retailers left, and I feel great to be apart of it. If you want a career in this industry this is the best place to be to learn and grow within the organization. A lot of employees who I have worked with and decided to go to other industries have said they were able to use the skills and knowledge to make there new careers successful. During the 8 year career that I have had within Arjay has made me learn and grow mentally and physically with my family and my career. I love the fact i get to wear many hats and get to experience different departments, the company is flexible on what roles and responsibilities you want to take, based on company needs.

Cons

no cons!!!! The company has been doing so many initiatives like the all star trip to reward employees who have been doing the right things, contest rewards have been great! The employees have health benefits and the company has worked tirelessly to make sure that we start having 5 day work weeks and yes some locations are still not there yet but will be which is only 4 stores left. It takes time to put a team together and the company has heard its employees and is moving to make the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! It is easy to criticize then actually live in their shoes! The company could have easily given up but still works very hard to make it the best environment possible!! You can not make everyone happy and if people think that than they live in an "unrealistic" universe!

3. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in a fast paced environment building new connections. Great atmosphere and room for growth is encouraged, always looking to promote within the company

Cons

Call backs are the foundation of the business must be willing to call and setting up appointments to drive traffic in store

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing results speaks louder than words

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

Its a great place to work. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Although its a big company with locations all across the US, it has a small company vibe. Everyone knows each other and are always ready to help each other. Lots of positive vibes. HR department is great also.

Cons

cons: no paid time off

Advice to Management

no real advice but some PTO would be nice :)

6. "Good company"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Arjay Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff was pretty cool. I worked in a store where the back office was literally in the back. But the entire team I worked with(including the back office staff)was very cool. I enjoyed my short time there and learned a lot heading into my new job.

Cons

You must work 6 days a week.

You don't get paid for what you do if you don't hit your quota tier.

No real benefits

Advice to Management

Set up a better commission system. I think more people would stay if the compensation was a bit better.

7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a worth working here if you need to get a temporary job.

Cons

The Management Team is worst. They make you work like Slaves. 6 days a week for less compensation. You can get the higher pay at the corporate store with 5 days a week and better commission and more guided training. The Area Managers have zero experience and behave like small kids. The company hires very young improfessional managers those who have zero experience because no one in their right state of mom will work for this company for hat less money.
    They expect you to work every weekend. The commission structure is horrible compared to the other authorized retailers out there or the corporate Att stores. They penny pinch your commission and will not pay you what you deserve in your commission. It is a mom and pop family business. They are super unorganized. They need better management who do it behave like kids and create high school dramas within the company. It is very unprofessional and dis functional Company to work for who treat their employees like slaves.

Advice to Management

Get a better Management team. Hire better Area Managers who know how to run the business and the team. Of course, the better area managers will cost you more money but it will benefit your business.

Your employees keep quitting because you lie to them and show them the commission structucture which is so hard to attain. It is not worth working 6 days a week for such a little amount of money.
    There are better offers out there. Respect your employees and they will respect you guys. Stop penny pinching on everything. Run your bus in like a business and not like a circus show. Your area managers are running the team like jokers. It is a chaotic environment. Increase the pay. The corporate stores pay and train far and beyond more than you guys.

Arjay Wireless Response

Mar 8, 2017 – Senior recruiter and management

Hello, We've read your review and we're sorry your experience was not the best. From your review - it seems as though you did not fully understand the commission structure. Our commission ... More

8. "Satisified"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was skeptical about the company at first after reading the reviews but I decided to jump on the bandwagon and Honestly I'm not too sure what all the bad reviews are about. The management teams is pretty good. And my area manager is on point aclot of the time. Like any retail job there's going to be crappy days and good days. The company takes care of their employees. If you do work you get paid well. Its a commission based structure so if you're not getting paid you're clearly not doing your job.

Cons

Just wish there was more staffing, and that our work week was 5 days instead of 6. Other than that no complaints

9. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Arjay Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of opportunities for growth. If you want to succeed just work hard and you will get recognized. Management really cares about you as a person.

Cons

Good experience so far! At the end of the day your numbers will speak for you. Just work hard and then you'll get a good commission check at end of month.

10. "Mamager"

Pros

Great skills are learned
    Leadership is always talented
    Family oriented company
    Growth opportunity always always available for you to just reach out for it .

Cons

Extremely time consuming
    Must be available 100% of the time
    No weekends can be taken off
    Conference calls even when not in the store
    6 day work days
    Content training of New hires
    Must be able to work with little to no direction :

Advice to Management

You must be 100 % committed
    One can not just the beginning interested but motives to take this possition

Make it happen is the motto

11. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Arjay Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

None, i had the worst experience in that company

Cons

worst management and favoritism for male employees

Advice to Management

Must hire professional and respectful managers