Aspenware Reviews | Glassdoor

Aspenware Reviews

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Josh Swihart

1. "Amazing People, Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Architect in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Architect in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Aspenware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aspenware hires exceptional people that value each other and the quality of their work. The flat organization completely allows for opportunities to take on newly fostered ideas. We do a lot of fun things outside of work, showing a collective appreciation for work-life balance. When we are all together, it's almost impossible not to "create awesome".

Cons

In this work, it is common for various groups of our people to be out at different customer locations for extended periods of time. For a group that loves being with each other, this is tough at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Great team and poor management"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aspenware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best culture and people I've ever seen at a company. The people are smart and sociable and are all in it together. There's also a lot of support - it'll take time but they'll work you into the position you want to be in.

Cons

The direction of the company changes frequently. The clients are bad (which is par for the course in the industry), but the work is also unchallenging and monotonous. The pay is below market rate and you'll be expected to put in an unreasonable amount of effort given what you're being paid to do it.

Advice to Management

If the bad things can't be easily dealt with, raise salaries to accommodate for it.

3. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aspenware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aspenware has a collection of incredible individuals working assiduously to create amazing outcomes for a large range of projects. It is a flexible environment where everyone is working together towards ultimate success. The energy around the office is contagious and the company is well on its path to making a large impact in the fast-paced technological world. Everyone is friendly and the relationships made in the office are long lasting.

Cons

It is a growing company so be equipped for change – although this really shouldn’t stop anyone because change is necessary for any company to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path you are on, Aspenware has a bright future ahead.

"Scattered Upper Mangement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Pros

Good work/life balance, good holiday bonus and paid for medical benefits

Cons

Upper management doesn't know which direction to take the company, no sales dept, unfocused, too many "creatives"

"Another Small Technology Company To Avoid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Pros

You have an opportunity to build upon your skills in a Microsoft development environment.

Cons

You are paid for a 40 hour week but are expected to work at least 60 hours per week. Basically you are donating 20 hours per week to this company with no upside career or compensation wise.

Executive management is strong technology wise but very weak management wise. Expectations are unrealistic and you will be verbally abused in front of other employees.

Advice to Management

Employee retention is poor because the company is a terrible place to work. It is not a slave ship. Employees are free to leave and many do on a recurring basis.

"If your not in with management find your way out"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

Pros

Fun environment to play in

Cons

If you don't mind working long hours for no extra pay this is the company for you. Fun doesn't pay the mortgage.

Advice to Management

Stop laying people off once per year. everyone does not have to 'believe in the plan' to work at the company

"Likely the idealized small company"

I have been working at Aspenware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible benefits for a small company (better than most large companies), good pay, intriguing clients with interesting projects most of the time, fun and laid-back culture that treats people as adults and professionals rather than numbers and with corporate distance, a really cool office environment, and the sharpest and best-matched technology and design minds I've ever worked with, a respected name and reputation.

Cons

Your "A" game is constantly required due to the nature of consulting, some clients and projects can be demanding and exhausting, hard to get hired because of a high bar for talent and personality.

Advice to Management

I'm really happy to be here and value this company every day. Keep chasing that vision and call on us to support it!

9. "One of a kind & going strong"

I have been working at Aspenware full-time

Pros

Employees here have lots of latitude in defining the kind of place we want to be. We are protective of maintaining the innovative, independent, flexible, and fun culture that we have. We love what we do and love working with customers as partners, not just vendors.

Cons

If you're not a go-getter or comfortable working without a lot of direction, this could be a challenging place.

10. "My favorite small consulting company!"

Pros

Great blend of creative talent and technologists. Good culture.

Cons

Inexperienced management team growing into the job

Advice to Management

Sales, utilization, retention, recruiting..

11. "Everything back on track"

Pros

Aspenware is a wonderful place to work. I have been given a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth while I've been here. We're just bouncing back from a rough transition from a change in management. The current CEO has a clear and obtainable direction for the company. The work environment is informal yet professional. People can suggest ways to improve the company and they are listened to. We have a work hard/play hard mentality. Everyone who works here is experienced and extremely talented in their skillset. It's fabulous to work among great people.

Cons

Everyone who works here is self-motivated and driven. There is no micro-managing, which is great, but people have to extremely disciplined and motivated to succeed at Aspenware.

Advice to Management

You've got a great team behind you. Keep doing what you're doing!