Astrix Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Quality Recruitment Company"

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good clients
    Good support
    Make you feel wanted

Cons

I felt wages were low but, hey, thats the market

"Be very, very careful of this staffing company"

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

Opportunities for those in chemical engineering or pharmacological testing that are interested in being part of a contingency workforce

Cons

Everything here is really contingency workforce, regardless of whether they are telling you that you are a permanent employee, W-2, part of "core", part of "professional services". They claim be a "professional services" firm with 500 employees. In reality, they are a staffing company with 460+ contingency workers placed with labs. The remaining 40 are either sales people placing bodies or are configuring LIMS systems contract-by-contract.

Advice to Management

Just tell the truth - to your customers and to the people you recruit. You are a staffing company with a resume database who will say anything for a deal. You leave fictitious reviews of yourself to balance out the people that are trying to get the truth out there.

"GREAT Staffing Agency - Highly recommend"

Current Employee - QC Chemist
    Current Employee - QC Chemist

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great recruiting staff - always helpful, willing to listen and quick to respond/immediate action. Was placed in a contract-to-hire Chemist role with a pharmaceutical company and was just recently hired on full time with the company after only 3 months on contracting.

Cons

Nothing really negative to say...overall had a really great experience, especially compared to other recruiters I've worked with from other agencies in the past. Astrix far superior to them.

"Biological Scientist"

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

none, nothing positive about this company

Cons

everything, long hours, horrible pay, horrible HR personal and lead was even worse.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and take better care of them

5. "Research Technician"

Current Employee - Research Technician in Annandale, NJ
    Current Employee - Research Technician in Annandale, NJ

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are that the staff is friendly and the pay is not bad.This would be a good job for someone fresh out of school.

Cons

I think that if you do receive a part time off with an offer for full time, it should be stated in in advance as to a time frame as to how long it will take to get full time.

Advice to Management

I think that this company is very nice and experience and will go out of there way to help you. I just wish that some items were stated when it comes to a full time conversion.

6. "Its a good place to start"

Pros

Decent Pay compared to other facilities.

Cons

Does not stipulate whether a permanent position or a temp position.

"Recruiters can't be trusted. They just collect their fee!"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Astrix Technology Group (Less than a year)

Pros

No micromanaging is the only pro

Cons

Disloyal, dishonest, liars, recruiters never available to help

Advice to Management

-lowball offers -don't care about employees -friends with site mgrs -shady behavior, unhelpful with poor on-site work conditions

"Company with limited expertise and low integrity"

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Skilled in scientific staffing and they seem to speak the language. Geographically located to fit each market's needs.

Cons

Very limited growth. Almost zero communications from the leadership or management team - they don't care about anniversaries or anything beyond start date. Always seem to be focusing on making money out of people versus caring for their employees.

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to the people working for you and have a stronger core values for your business.

"Challenged & Rewarded in Management Position"

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

During my employment with Astrix I have seen the usual ups and downs of our industry but have appreciated the consistent support of management. Before choosing Astrix, I was looking for a company where honesty and ethics were practiced not just talked about. Having those foundations that I see followed by management makes me committed to my team and our success.

Cons

Astrix is a company of very hard-working, entrepreneurial personalities which fits what I'm looking for, however if potential employees are looking for a job where they can clock in then clock out without taking additional responsibilities, that kind of person wouldn't be successful here.

Advice to Management

It's important to be very selective about who Astrix hires as we grow rapidly to meet our client needs. Making the right hiring decisions will allow us to keep our company culture intact, which is one of the reasons clients choose to work with & refer Astrix to others.

"Love The Company - Love The Culture - The Best Staffing Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been a recruiter for Astrix for 3 years and it is the best job I have ever had in my life. The environment promotes loyalty, honesty and hard work. They compensate you for the value created. They really care about the candidates and want everyone to be satisfied in their jobs, the entire organization knows science and they care. Great benefits, great HR, good systems...the best.

Cons

There are no cons, maybe could be more generous in commissions. All recruiters like myself have a good base but we make a lot of money when we put people to work at the right jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you have created a great environment of competitiveness, flexibility and you tell everyone the truth and you are trusted by many in the company. Keep it up