Astrix Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 50 reviews

4.0
Astrix Technology Group CEO Richard Albert
Richard Albert
Pros
  • "Upper management is very involved in a way that I deem very much appropriate for the company size(in 5 reviews)

• "Strong emphasis of work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No time for lunch or breaks , poor leadership and poor training program for new staff , very low morale(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

"Strong Company, Great People, Fruitful Opportunity"

Current Employee - Scientific Recruiter/Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Flexible Schedule: They understand that life happens and may need to flex work hours with personal time. -Autonomy: No micromanagement, no manager breathing down your neck, they expect you to be a professional and do what needs to be done to be successful. -Communication/Visibility: Super collaborative environment with Managers/Directors that are always there to help when needed - all you have to do is ask.... -Growth: Plenty of room for growth and opportunity throughout the business due to consistency within our sales and professional services team. -Work Styles: Everyone has different work styles, motivations, habits, and "whys", this is understood throughout the company and accepted so we all try to learn off of each other and improve on ourselves professionally and personally.

Cons

-Hours: Some times the hours are long, sometimes the workday is hectic and stressful, but i believe this can be said about any career/position.

Astrix Technology Group2019-02-14

"Next Level Career"

Current Employee - Scientific Recruiter

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture with employees that love doing the work.

Cons

None come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, great time to be be apart of Astrix!

Astrix Technology Group2019-02-11

"no honesty in interview/recruitment"

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive wage, but when factoring in the extra time not paid for... not really.

Cons

Lied multiple times about the time commitment needed at my position (previous person in my position worked ~60-70 hours per week) when asked during interview process. When other staff quit or was fired the corporate solution was simply to "carry the load" while 50-60 hour weeks were regular already. PTO was virtually impossible with being minimally staffed and no overtime is paid, so could not use PTO nor could we... be paid for our extra hours of work. Their counter is you can take off time that you worked extra the week prior, but this was impossible in my position (and probably many others they staff). Couldn't recommend less.

Advice to Management

Have actual solutions to employee issues when they are brought up.

Astrix Technology Group2019-01-10

"Terribly mismanaged, grossly dishonest"

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

CEO seems to try to make everything better for his staff

Cons

Managers are terrible (very nasty) and the hours are gruesome. The director drops off the radar for days and the manager left in charge is incapable of making decisions on their own. Some staff is expected to work ridiculous hours but higher level employees and managers have shortened hours, and can leave whenever they please. When managers do show up at the office, they spend their time running personal errands,... like having their nails done, and catching up on their personal grooming. After the managers put in zero effort all week, they act surprised on Friday when the team's goals haven't been met. So many lies are told when people are hired--the company doesn't hold up their end by following through on what's promised upon hire. From what I've heard, the retention is horrible and everyone quits. I would never work here again.

Advice to Management

Respect goes both ways- if you want respect from your employees, you need to show them respect as well. Don't just make things up as you go, because the lies are obvious.

Astrix Technology Group2018-06-27

"Molecular Biologist"

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

Good group in NYC Lab. Flexible workweek.

Cons

Terrible incentives to stay with a company when the annual raises are 1-2% maximum. Worked overtime with no compensation but also needed to clock hours.

Advice to Management

Update policies to reflect the 21st century. You lose quality employees because of these outdated views.

Astrix Technology Group2018-06-19

"Abundant Opportunities"

Current Employee - Scientific Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Unlimited income potential -Value placed on opinions of all employees -Entrepreneurial vibe company-wide -Excellent work/life balance

Cons

Be ready to produce or be left in the dust

Astrix Technology Group2018-03-16

"Best Career Move"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great work environment -Surrounded by a great team and great manager -Team is very supportive and help with further development of colleagues -Strong emphasis of work life balance -Your suggestions and opinion are heard and taken into consideration.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. The previous companies that I recruited for were all about micromanaging and no sense of work life balance. At Astrix, there is respect and appreciation for one not only as an employee, but also as a person.

Astrix Technology Group2018-02-27

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for on both the contractor and full time side! Upper management has been amazing!

Cons

Would like more opportunities for growth as well as higher salary compensation

Astrix Technology Group2018-02-27

"Solid and Professional Company"

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

In my short time with Astrix, I have learned quite a bit and genuinely enjoy the caliber of work that we deliver. I did not come from agency, and continue to be pleasantly surprised on all levels.

Cons

Receiving general guidelines from senior management at the beginning of employment would be helpful and effective with certain processes.

Astrix Technology Group2018-02-24

"Great Company"

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* Very entrepreneurial environment * Management is willing to listen to suggestions * Unlimited income potential * Great list of customers * Management does not micromanage * Company is growing exponentially

Cons

Flat organization so there is not much room for upward growth, however the company has created new roles for individuals who were ready to advance in to expansive roles if such an opportunity didn't already exist.

Advice to Management

* Consider additional financial incentives beyond commission (i.e. bonuses) * Consider goals that are not strictly revenue or margin based (i.e. opening new accounts, or national accounts, or high priority target accounts, or new market segment we are not already in, etc.) * Be more appreciative of your top producers - reward them for being such

Astrix Technology Group2018-02-09