Astronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Astronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the Kirkland/ Redmond location. Great culture, they value work/life balance, helping employees achieve personal career goals and adding fun touches to make employees feel valued.

Cons

There were pockets of dissatisfied employees (usually temps who were disgruntled with not being brought on full time), but I think you find that at any company.

"Meaningful Work with a Shift in Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Astronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* The President truly cares and is easily accessible and involved
    * The company values its employees and tries to balance compassion with business needs
    * Most are focused on our business objectives and try to be a positive contribution
    * Values and Behaviors are well developed and a good measure of being a productive and caring contributor
    * Incentive compensation is very generous and the base pay is fair to market

Cons

* The company is still shifting culture to align with values and behaviors
    * The company is still in process of maturing processes for supporting roles
    * The company is a busy and dynamic culture that identifies continuous improvement opportunities - accountability and drive are key
    * Sometimes changes and shifts move slower than desired, but they are still moving in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the course and communicate the intent often. Allow others to see the light in the tunnel so they can keep moving forward. Help employees understand how decisions or requests impact others on the team as well as the business as a whole.

3. "Astronics AES"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Astronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People. Access to ergonomic desks. Management is accessible and will go to bat for you.

Cons

Government contracts causes IT to be overly cautious with data and reports. Signature routing is still in the dark ages. Salaries are low

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people doing the work. We know what we need.

4. "Solid Company with good benifits"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Astronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Good work life balance.
    2. sturdy job.

Cons

1. teams can be too small
    2. too much paperwork

5. "Astronics AES"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Astronics full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and managers across all teams. 401k match is good and you get several holidays off. The salary increase per year with inflation is nice and the bonus (dependent on company performance) is generous.

Cons

Career growth is not the best and it's difficult to get access to software. IT can be slow or strict with permissions.

6. "Electronics Tech"

I have been working at Astronics full-time

Pros

Great working environment with really good benefits.

Cons

Small company makes moving up limited.

"Steer clear"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I worked at Astronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location was a plus for me.

Cons

Poor leadership, double standards across the board. Unrealistic expectations from corporate office given staffing levels.

Advice to Management

Find a buyer

"Astronics AES has seen its best days"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Astronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People. Not manager people, but the ones who work in the trenches every day are the only saving grace of this company and they're doing everything they can to force out the good ones.

Cons

Horrible, cold HR department. Employees are viewed as a machine and not as people. Operations management wants to lean out the company to the 9th degree, but has tunnel vision and refuses to fix basic issues like server problems, laptops, and old machernery that breaks down constantly. Finance people are overworked with little thanks. Program Managers work 24/7 and travel weekly. Production workers have no schedule flexibility. The pay is mediocre. Bonuses are good but salaries are adjusted down and employees are essentially compensated with quarterly bonuses, which is not an actual promised part of your salary.

Advice to Management

Astronics AES needs to get back to it's roots. Remember that people come first. We are losing sight of that and it's not fun to be there anymore.

"Every man for himself."

I worked at Astronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and generous pay/pto.

Cons

Good ole boys here. Directors talk to lower management about the other directors faults, then smile and joke to their faces. I couldn’t get out fast enough, I took lower wages just to escape. Best decision I made in a long time. Drama is queen here. Good thing the division appears to be dying.

Advice to Management

Manage your own departments, and quit trying to run the whole company. Your “minions” smarter than you, and it shows. Actually coming to work at the director level might help. Not trashing the other directors in their absence might also. Production crew is good, however. Finance people are ALWAYS working.

"Growing and Changing"

Current Employee - Assembler in East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Assembler in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Astronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

9/80 schedule is awesome and the manufacturing environment is very clean. The company is growing as are the bonus checks. My supervisor is generally a good person who I feel comfortable with talking to about anything. Being in manufacturing for a while, this is the first company that has listened to me and made sure to follow up with me in regards to concerns I have had.
    I don't do the same thing everyday and that's also nice.
    Most of the people I work with are fantastic and very helpful.

Cons

The wages are lower than other places I have worked. I have moved quickly up "associate levels" because I am ambitious so that's helped.
    There are a few people here that are miserable and blame everyone for everything because that's how they entertain themselves, but most of us either don't bother with them or ignore them, but they are here...like everywhere else I've worked.
    I work in JSF and there are just two miserable women that just have nasty things to say 24/7 no matter how much people have tried to work with them. Everyone else in JSF is awesome and my PTA is also pretty great.

Advice to Management

To people who think you don't listen--don't listen to them! Most of us see you are working with us and doing what you can. We wish you didn't have as many meetings so we can interact with you more, but you do a really great job of saying hello and being supportive. So, thank YOU.