Astronics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Astronics President and Chief Executive Officer Peter J. Gundermann
Peter J. Gundermann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "good company with excellant benefits"

I worked at Astronics full-time

Pros

The company has excellent benefits and treats employees well. The work in interesting and challenging.

Cons

Sometime the cultural changes required to increase efficiency are slow in coming

"Pretty nice place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Astronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, fair management in operations

Cons

Need more equality in pay. Definitely a gender gap and better pay for those in favored departments

Advice to Management

Equal pay not based on gender or so called favored departments.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Astronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is nice. Flexibility in hours. Great work-life balance. Pay is good, and quarterly bonuses are very nice. There are a lot of opportunities to have a measurable impact on the products that are produced.

Cons

Health Benefits are so-so. Work is not super exciting a lot of the time. Often the rush to produce hardware out paces the development of proper requirements which often causes some problems towards the end of product development.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to develop realistic schedules that meet customer needs while minimizing risk to the project without sacrificing proper requirement development.

4. "inspector"

I have been working at Astronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and great company

Cons

not enough communication between management and associates.

5. "Astronics"

I have been working at Astronics full-time

Pros

Just finished my first year. Good company, really good corporate atmosphere, good people. SPP is great benefit.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Like most times, it is what you make it.....a lot of potential to be great if you're willing to put in the effort.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and positive developments will continue to come. Thanks for doing a great job.

"Quality Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I worked at Astronics (Less than a year)

Pros

The HR manager is very nice she gets right back to you if you have questions or need help with something.

Cons

They don't handle important things such as sexual harassment seriously. By there being two buildings there is obvious disconnect so they tend to over look serious complaints. There is a serious issue between the manufacturing supervisor and the quality supervisor they don't allow you to talk to anyone from the other department.

Advice to Management

Put someone of power in that 1337 building so that the people in charge can see whats going on with them in that building

"It was good while it lasted"

Former Employee - Maintenance Generalist Lll in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Generalist Lll in Irvine, CA

I worked at Astronics (More than a year)

Pros

This is while it was EADS/AIRBUS.great bunch of people(most of them) great learning experience. good pay. good insurance package. profit sharing. free sodas,sometimes free food. other fringe benefits. then came the fall.........

Cons

Test systems was sold to astronics. Although they offered us jobs, they soon gave one third of the company their walking papers. guess that's what happens when you can't make your deadlines. you lose very profitable contracts. All i can say is i did my job, and i did it well, even saved them a few bucks.and for that, i get dismissed

Advice to Management

no advice. you all or most are highly educated, you know better than to succumb to greed

"Great Company, Great People, Great Products, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Astronics full-time

Pros

Astronics is an employee minded company with the long term outlook in mind. Decisions are made based on the overall health of the company, not on the needs of the shareholders. Furthermore, this organization truly recognizes that value of its employees. The benefits are great, the intentional approach to culture has yielded a fantastic and collaborative work environment, the work-life balance is better than anywhere I’ve worked at the professional level, and employees are, across the board, much more engaged than the average company. People genuinely enjoy what they do, appreciate the company, feel valued by the organization, are rewarded for successes, and provided many opportunities to grow and learn.
    On a personal level, I have been given many great opportunities to grow and learn and have been rewarded along the way. I have been at Astronics Ballard Technology for nearly 10 years, have seen many changes and much growth with the organization, and have interacted with every department and person at my division. This company has not only been a blessing to me, but to my wife and kids who also see and feel the positive impacts of working for a great company that treats its employees well. Like so many other people I work with, this is a place where I’m staying for the long-run and am fully engaged and committed to seeing this company continue to grow and positively engage with people and technology.

Cons

I am honestly at a loss for the downside of working at Astronics Ballard Technology. My experience has been nothing but great and my attitude is nothing but thankful.

Advice to Management

Continue to be intentional about the culture and values of the organization. Continue to engage with employees in a rewarding and meaningful way. Continue to support and develop managers that are relatable, approachable, intelligent, caring, and well-intended. Continue to focus on the business, but never lose site of the human element of what we do.

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

People are very friendly and treat each other kindly. Blue collar and white collar employees get along and interact well together

Cons

Extremely low level of innovation. Average age of employees is very old. Work is done individually with minimal collaboration. Very unnecessarily bureaucratic for a mid sized company.

Advice to Management

Give lower tier employees more opportunity to voice their opinions and make an impact. People complain a lot and don't understand what the management is trying to do.

10. "Stock Room Lead/Transaction specialist"

Former Employee - Stock Room Manager in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Stock Room Manager in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Astronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company great people. Lot of responsibilities.

Cons

Lots or responsibilities. Lack of training

Advice to Management

Update SOPs