Astronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Astronics (Kirkland, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

They contacted me on the phone for a quick conversation, and then scheduled and gave me an in person interview. I never received any kind of email or phone call after the interview even though they told me that they would contact me. I called them and left a voicemail, and never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a difficult group member and what could you have done to make it a better experience?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Astronics (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting service to review my resume for the position. After an interview with the recruiter I was contacted by the program manager. I was interviewed via phone. The conversation was to obtain a short background of my career and interests. I was then contacted for a site visit and in person interview. The site visit was great and the interview was relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• What are your aspirations in the next 5 years and how will they benefit your goals.   Answer Question

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Astronics (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I thought the talent at this organization was lacking. I seemed to be giving free insight to the panel during the interview. HR was an absolute joke, as with most companies but in my experience no response to a final applicant is pure laziness.

Mid-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astronics.

Interview

Very professional approach from the first phone call, to the confirmation email, through the actual interview and job offer. The process seemed efficient and fair. It seemed as though I was provided with a good preview of what working there would be like. Seemed... What I heard and reality proved to be very different. They pride themselves on work-life balance but the equation was very lop-sided, plenty of OT and weekends.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned through researching our company that might make you concerned about working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional.

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Astronics (Kirkland, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview board was late for my interview by 5-10 minutes. This made me feel uneasy, as I am a punctual person, and always like to be on time. In the interview, it felt like I was more professional than the team I was being interviewed by. I had more than enough experience to get the job, in fact, they called me back into their facility for an employment offer interview, but they had the gall to offer me less than I was getting paid at my current employer, even after I told them that I would not accept the position, if I was not getting a raise in pay due to them being a greater distance away from my home.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in electronics?
      Do you have experience in 6s   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Astronics (Irvine, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

They lied to me. Nothing was like they said during the interview. They said they provided health insurance, they provided the forms for me to pay the full amount of my health insurance. They said they paid bonuses, but they never seemed to make any money on their business so no bonuses were paid. They said the organization was stable and not subject hire and fire mentality, they constantly lay people off and hire new people,

Interview Questions

• I was questioned if accounting laws and federal acquisition regulations are hard and fast laws or guide lines meant to be bent and broken for the right reasons.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it mentality

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Astronics (Redmond, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was initially brought in for a one-on-one interview. I met with just the manager and had a very casual discussion about my previous experience. When applying internally for another job I was part of a group interview only where each person on the panel asked me one question. No actual interviews with HR.

Assemby Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astronics (Portland, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

The gentleman who hired me recognized a name from my previous place of employment that he had been drinking buddies with. He told me his background was in the Military and that teamwork was important but also fun. I was curious as to what this company made as I had never worked in aerospace before. I was told about the exclusive products that PECO( later PECO/Astronics made such as Personal service units and fuel access doors. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew how to read blueprints.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Astronics (Redmond, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

It was a Joke. QA Manager was incompetent and I would have had an issue working with such a person

Interview Questions

• What is my personality type and what kind of people do I find difficult to work with?   2 Answers

Both the QA Manager and QE Manager showed no signs of intelligent life.