Atlas Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Client Parner."

Former Employee - Client Partner in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Partner in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for ! CEO is an amazing person who knows the industry well.

Cons

Not very many Cons for a small company in a large industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

"Sad, but honest truth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you were to ask me to rate Atlas a couple years ago, I would have told you, 5/5 hands down. The company seemed to be doing everything right. They had managed to create an environment that was fun, competitive, and best of all, successful (it was actually a pleasure going into work every day...it was like going in to meet a group of friends, except you'd be paid while making Atlas money as well). The benefits were still bad, but it was 'overlook-able' due to the fun/friendly aspect.

Cons

However, after several management changes over the course of a yearlong+ period, Atlas' pros began turning into cons. It all started with an unrealistic vision of an overly aggressive growth goal that didn't invest any time/effort/resources into employees, rather, it brought about C-Level executive changes that forced some core members of Atlas out of the company. That friendly & fun environment I mentioned earlier, is completely non-existent at this point in time. Recruiters are pinned against other recruiters, salespeople attack recruiters (and vice versa) and upper management insists that metrics are somehow going to magically create success despite the fact that the current sales team doesn't have enough requirements coming in for the amount of recruiters. Everyone used to congratulate each other's success, but by the time I left, it was almost as if someone else's success was a detriment to their own. We used to 'ring a gong' when we made a placement and your team members would congratulate you. That environment is long gone and has turned into a spiteful/hostile one.

Advice to Management

The real issue is that you don't listen to what the people below you say. Ultimately, it is the ones that get thrown under the bus that do all the grunt work at the end of the day. When your recruiters say something is off, it most likely is. Rather than investing so much time and effort into new resources, why not look at what you have/had internally to see if there are any viable candidates to fill the missing gaps. Build from within and then branch out. Make your employees feel like they are part of the team, not simply replaceable by someone that hasn't been with the company at all. Nip the favoritism in the butt, end all the cliques, stop the gossip about co-workers (especially made up stories/rumors to make others look bad), etc. Towards the end, I honestly felt like I was back in high school with all the drama that went on, on a daily basis. Wanting to grow, having a goal, and change are all great things if they're implemented properly. However, looking back over the "growth" and "change" that has taken place during the past 18 months, I think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't worth the loss of talent, nor the loss of what Atlas originally was. Much of the talent that has left wanted the best for Atlas and genuinely cared about its future, but it seems like the only thing that mattered was the nonsensical idea that C-level executives were going to make everyone more money.
    DDR4L

Atlas Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Brand Director

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel your experience deteriorated from a very positive one when you started to a negative one when you left the organization. We ... More

"Overview"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time

Pros

Co-Workers, one of the best teams I had a pleasure of working on.

Cons

1. Management - terrible, zero leadership in the building even though that's the first word they will use to describe themselves, probably decent managers/leaders 5+ years ago but they've made it to the top and haven't stayed up to date with current processes/resources, very complacent which doesn't help the team grow/succeed.
    2. Compensation - peanuts, well below industry rates.
    3. Benefits - not good, very pricey for ehh coverage.
    4. Flexibility - eh, depends on the day and the mood of your manager/management.
    5.. ZERO TRUST/RESPECT from the time you get hired until they get rid of you (in what will most likely be an unprofessional fashion).
    6. Job Perks? Sadly, the best was Bagel Friday..
    7. Overall, thankful for the experience but definitely just a stepping stone into the recruiting industry.. would not recommend joining the chaos to any of my friends/family.

Advice to Management

Take advice from the people in the trenches doing the work, promote from within, TRUST the employees YOU HIRED, don't let everyone play by their own set of rules.. so much potential in this industry but you need to have a plan and be transparent with it to everyone working under you since they will essentially be the ones executing it.

Atlas Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Brand Director

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am glad to hear that your experience with your co-workers was a very positive one. We are proud of the team of employees that we have built at Atlas and the ... More

"Overview"

Current Employee - Unknown in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Current Employee - Unknown in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I have been working at Atlas full-time

Pros

Small company. The employees are very friendly. (Non-management)

Cons

Management create a high pressure, hostile environment. Constant turnover. Since I've been here, 5 employees have been fired on the spot without any warning and escorted out. Very unprofessional. This is how they let go of every employee. Very cut throat. Employees are on the edge trying to please management because they are scared they are next to be let go. Employees look like their drained and tired every day. This job will suck the life out of you. Do not expect job stability here.

Advice to Management

Leaders are meant to build up, not destroy. Treat your employees the way you would like to be treated.

"eDiscovery"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

Pros

Learn new things. Paid some of the bills.

Cons

Doesn't promote new ideas from contractors. Contractors are treated like small children. Work set up is like small sweat shop. Leads given titles without money to go with it. Too much unprofessional behavior. No room for promotion. No raises for people who were not friends with management. Management blames contractors for their own mistakes and sometimes the contractors get fired. Unfair treatment for contractors. Please don't work here.

Advice to Management

Get it together, you are running a business and not a daycare. Be fair, cost of living rises every year, you have to keep up with that or people will be struggling just to make it into work. Be fair and treat everyone equally.

6. "Educational challenging, doing the right thing for the environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Narberth, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Narberth, PA

I have been working at Atlas (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are always learning healthy ways too improve the world that we live in & teaching others this responsibility.

Cons

Hard work learning new products that will be environmentally better. Convincing others to do the right thing is hard.

Advice to Management

There's always a lot of follow up and one needs to always be knowledgeable on all levels in order to be effective. You better know your products.

7. "Bad culture."

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Seattle, WA

Pros

Some experience is better than none.

Cons

Culture is absolutely terrible. I was treated really bad, than one day I got told that they no longer need me then next day.

"Young company doing all the right things to make a name for itself."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westfield, NJ

I have been working at Atlas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

inviting environment, good potential, very professional, great management.

Cons

newer company still establishing the recruiting system and seeking more clients.

Advice to Management

more emphasis on bringing in more clients.

".NET Developer Contractor in NJ"

Former Employee - .NET Developer in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - .NET Developer in Rahway, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The interview process and placement were handled well and I was placed in a position very quickly.

Cons

The job was a bit different than what was discussed with the recruiter. Once I started the job, I never again heard from my recruiter. None of my calls or emails were returned. Work conditions were horrible in the department I worked in and Atlas did nothing about it. 99% of the ~40 contractors were unhappy working for Atlas.

Advice to Management

None

"Glorified Temp Agency"

Current Employee - Glorified Temp in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Glorified Temp in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Atlas part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really no pros here. Nothing to say here.

Cons

Atlas Data is not a real consulting firm. More like a glorified temp agency. Wait until you see their corporate office. The office was dirty. Not a professional organization. No methodology or structure regarding how they manage their engagements.

Advice to Management

None